Texas ranked worst state for quality of life

wrong answer, people are willing to follow you and use that 2A. Especially them 1776 folks.
You right. I should elaborate. Get a V8 THEN speed. Been working for me. Seriously, I just get away from everyone. I dont ride in those big swafts of traffics. That **** is weird.

While I will be the first to say Texas is far, far, far, far, and one more far from perfect. This list seems to have a very specific agenda. Might as well call it, "The Worst States for Liberals",

Exactly, you expect me to believe the quality of life in Mississippi or New Mexico is better than Arizona or Texas…..

You right. I should elaborate. Get a V8 THEN speed. Been working for me. Seriously, I just get away from everyone. I dont ride in those big swafts of traffics. That **** is weird.
They will follow you if not at that moment, they will track you down.

They will follow you if not at that moment, they will track you down.
Unless you out here hitting folks.

Naw GIF - NAW - Discover & Share GIFs

I genuinely, from the bottom of my heart.....It would legit bring me pleasure, if some did try. Also, Idk who started this urban legend, but NO. You will not get shot for honking at someone whose not paying attention at the light. I do it every damn day.

Unless you out here hitting folks.

Naw GIF - NAW - Discover & Share GIFs

I genuinely, from the bottom of my heart.....It would legit bring me pleasure, if some did try. Also, Idk who started this urban legend, but NO. You will not get shot for honking at someone whose not paying attention at the light. I do it every damn day.
That’s fine, I know what I see and hear. Guess we both live in a different reality.

The heat here sucks, but I only really find it oppressing for about 3-4 months out of the year. The weather is usually fine the rest of the time. Even if we get a big freeze, it'll be pushing 70 degrees 2 or 3 days later. As for politics, all I'll say is this is what happens when people don't vote. Nearly half the eligible voters in the state don't even bother.

I'd personally love to retire in the Pacific Northwest when I'm truly washed and old. Somewhere near Olympic National Park would be perfect for me. I've looked at some of the small town areas like Port Angeles. I could make it happen now, but it's best I stay here and work and stack money for a little while longer.

This list seems to have a very specific agenda. Might as well call it, "The Worst States for Liberals",
See even then, I would assume that is mostly by reputation. And there are plenty of areas where they can enjoy life as well. Remember the majority of the world doesn't even care about half of the stuff that gets talked about online (specifically the culture war stuff).

So yea, you cant convince me Texas deserves to be in the Top 10 of that list, even as how you presented it to actually be.

I've worked with and talked to stereotypical conservative men here. One of the things they'll complain about if you talk to them enough is the ultra rich and how big corporations don't pay taxes. Some of the older ones are very pro union. It's funny that they almost sound like leftist for a few short minutes.

I've worked with and talked to stereotypical conservative men here. One of the things they'll complain about if you talk to them enough is the ultra rich and how big corporations don't pay taxes. Some of the older ones are very pro union. It's funny that they almost sound like leftist for a few short minutes.
Like nepotism, what you mentioned is one of those things people tend to cry about only when they aren't benefiting from it. We all are trying to find those loopholes. All of us. Anyone that says no is lying. Just look how we operate as individuals when it comes to "honestly" reporting our taxes each year.

Last edited:
I live in San Antonio, TX.

In 2024... post pandemic... at 43 years old... after growing up on the East Coast... and living on the West Coast... I live here... now... by choice.

This is really the lone star state.

After living here for for years, I understand why.

Everything in Texas revolves around respect.

Everyone in Texas has a firearm. Everyone in Texas wants to shoot their gun. Everyone knows that they can be shot at any time while on the street while you are in Texas.

I feel like if you are on the street in Texas... and you are being a lone star... and you are behaving... working... jogging... and doing anything that is not disturbing the peace... or the infrastructure of capitalistic winners... you get a peace pass... and your quality of life... in America... could be the best.

I feel like if you are on the street in Texas... and you are disturbing the peace... and you are misbehaving... not working... in the way... and doing anything to disturb the peace... or disturb the infrastructure of capitalistic winners... you will not get a peace pass... and your quality of life will be the worst.

where in texas? too big to not specify
The Woodlands/Houston. Spent time in DFW and San Antonio as well.There are redeeming qualities, but having lived in NY for so long and having traveled to a lot of other states I’m good on that for any long-term situation.

Long Island is expensive, but I can walk to the beach in 10 minutes and drive to NYC in less than an hour. I enjoy the weather, the landscape, and the culture way more than Texas. Only similarity is that our population is also uniquely stupid.

The gun thing in Texas is a crazy cylcle fueled by fear. Person fears people with guns, gets gun and becomes person people fear, thus creating the fear. Texas aint on no one Most Dangerous list. Houston is BARLEY in the top 20. Its funny because traffic works the same way. People drive expecting traffic, thus causing said traffic they were expecting.

Back
Top Bottom