The 20 Worst Jay-Z Songs

I was expecting Hollywood #1
sick.gif

And I don't think City is Mine should be on there, I love that track.
pimp.gif

I loved "Snoopy Track." But then again, I was HEAVY into Iceberg when that joint dropped
laugh.gif

But that's the whole thing. There's a lot of "bad" songs in Jay's catalog that actually are okay in the context of their album or time period.

I loved "Snoopy Track." But then again, I was HEAVY into Iceberg when that joint dropped
laugh.gif

But that's the whole thing. There's a lot of "bad" songs in Jay's catalog that actually are okay in the context of their album or time period.

There are about four tracks I don't agree with on this list: Anything off of Sigel's album, The City Is Mine, Money Ain't A Thing, #$%@ All Night (Don't know why people dislike this song so much) but other than that....can't complain really.

There are about four tracks I don't agree with on this list: Anything off of Sigel's album, The City Is Mine, Money Ain't A Thing, #$%@ All Night (Don't know why people dislike this song so much) but other than that....can't complain really.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Twitter has unanimously decided that you guys left off this Top 5 stinker.
Other than that the list is actually pretty on point.�
laugh.gif
Man that was the hardest cut on Vol. 3. Twitter is wildin' if that's their opinion. Timbo gave him a gem on that. I remember buying that album for 20 dollars at Wherehouse Music and being PISSED OFF how bad it was. I only bought it because of UGK and Juvie. Wasn't even a Hova fan at the time and the only cuts I rocked with was SNoopy Track and Big Pimpin'. You wildin' for this one.

And All Around The World is a wack track? Latoya Williams laced the hook up and the beat was ill. Hov was spitting on it. What's the problem? One of my favorite cuts off Blueprint 2.

And "Anything" will go down as one of Hov's greatest tracks of all time IMO. Maybe not as far as quality but when you think of Jay-Z a couple of songs come to mind one being Hard Knock Life and the other being "Anything". A career definer for him. And the song was great.

For the life of me i'll never understand the hate "Justify My Thug" gets. Never. I think the only reason it gets hate is because the hook samples the Madonna cut.

laugh.gif
Man that was the hardest cut on Vol. 3. Twitter is wildin' if that's their opinion. Timbo gave him a gem on that. I remember buying that album for 20 dollars at Wherehouse Music and being PISSED OFF how bad it was. I only bought it because of UGK and Juvie. Wasn't even a Hova fan at the time and the only cuts I rocked with was SNoopy Track and Big Pimpin'. You wildin' for this one.

And All Around The World is a wack track? Latoya Williams laced the hook up and the beat was ill. Hov was spitting on it. What's the problem? One of my favorite cuts off Blueprint 2.

And "Anything" will go down as one of Hov's greatest tracks of all time IMO. Maybe not as far as quality but when you think of Jay-Z a couple of songs come to mind one being Hard Knock Life and the other being "Anything". A career definer for him. And the song was great.

For the life of me i'll never understand the hate "Justify My Thug" gets. Never. I think the only reason it gets hate is because the hook samples the Madonna cut.

All Around the World?
Anything?
Get Your Mind Right?
Guilty Until Proven Innocent?
Young Forever?
City Is Mine?
Money Ain't A Thing?

Yeah there's a lot of reaching on that list. Should've did top 10 and called it day.

And
indifferent.gif
 to anyone trying to say that the Snoopy Track was not that heat. That was lowkey one of the hardest songs of the year. Put it in your whip right now and crank dat isht. Still fn goes!

All Around the World?
Anything?
Get Your Mind Right?
Guilty Until Proven Innocent?
Young Forever?
City Is Mine?
Money Ain't A Thing?

Yeah there's a lot of reaching on that list. Should've did top 10 and called it day.

And
indifferent.gif
 to anyone trying to say that the Snoopy Track was not that heat. That was lowkey one of the hardest songs of the year. Put it in your whip right now and crank dat isht. Still fn goes!

Originally Posted by rocyaice

laugh.gif

I ain't even see your post fam, I agree with all of that. I think the hate on Snoopy Track is mostly because its a gritty southern style track which dudes weren't used to. But if you listened to music from all over and had an appreciation for southern music at the time Snoopy Track was a classic gem. I wore that track the hell out. Still one of my favorite Jay joints. 
And I don't nor did I ever, understand the Justify My Thug hate. Rhymes and beat were hard. Hook was solid.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

laugh.gif

I ain't even see your post fam, I agree with all of that. I think the hate on Snoopy Track is mostly because its a gritty southern style track which dudes weren't used to. But if you listened to music from all over and had an appreciation for southern music at the time Snoopy Track was a classic gem. I wore that track the hell out. Still one of my favorite Jay joints. 
And I don't nor did I ever, understand the Justify My Thug hate. Rhymes and beat were hard. Hook was solid.

I ain't eem read all that.

The list isn't ever, though. It's Jay songs. So I can understand why songs like "All Around the World", "F*** All Nite" and etc. get picked.

I ain't eem read all that.

The list isn't ever, though. It's Jay songs. So I can understand why songs like "All Around the World", "F*** All Nite" and etc. get picked.

Back
Top Bottom