The 2009-2010 NBA Rookie Watch Thread

More on James
[h1][/h1]
[h1]James Harden has a bit of point guard in him
[/h1]James Harden insists he's never considered himself capable of playing point guard. Two weeks into his NBA career, the Thunder rookie leads the league in a category normally dominated by point guards.
Thunder rookie James Harden has never considered himself a point guard, but is leading the league in assist-to-turnover ratio.

After dishing out eight assists in his hometown to spark the Thunder to an 83-79 win over the Los Angeles Clippers late Wednesday night at the Staples Center, Harden leads the league in assist-to-turnover ratio.

Known more for his perimeter shooting, Harden is an underrated passer. Through eight games, he's compiled 28 assists and committed only five turnovers, an off-the-chart 5.60 ratio.

"He really understands the game," said Oklahoma City veteran point guard Kevin Ollie. "When Russell (Westbrook) went down, we shot him off some pick-and-rolls and he made some great decisions."

Westbrook suffered a mild sprained ankle in the third quarter. Coach Scott Brooks said Westbrook could have returned but opted to stay with Harden and Ollie, who ignited the comeback.

"I didn't really play him at the point," Brooks said. "I just like the way he makes decisions at the two (shooting guard). He makes plays. That's what he needs to continue to do."

Harden played at Artesia High School, a 30-minute drive from the Staples Center, leading the Pioneers to back-to-back state titles and a combined 66-3 record his junior and senior seasons.

A first-team All-American at Arizona State, Harden averaged 20.1 points last season. He also averaged 4.2 assists, which ranked eighth in the Pac 10.

"It felt great to be back home, back in L.A.," Harden said. "And it felt really good to win the game. When Russell went down, I was just trying to be productive, whether that was penetrating to create for others or make plays. When Kevin (Durant) got back out there, he led us to the victory."

As humble as he is versatile, Harden played a key role, recording a season-high 24 minutes.

"He has some (point guard) in him," Durant said. "He can also play small forward or shooting guard. He's a very versatile player who is doing a great job. He gives us a good spark off the bench."

Harden, 20, never played point guard at Arizona State but helped the Sun Devils end a lengthy NCAA Tournament drought.

"I handled the ball a little bit," Harden said. "When we got the rebound and pushed it I had to make quick decisions."

It's his decision-making that general manager Sam Presti talked about more than his perimeter shooting when the Thunder selected him No. 3 overall in the draft.

Harden's shooting has been sub-par. He's shooting 36.7 percent from the field but is 43.8 percent on 3-pointers.

"His shots will start to drop," Brooks said. "He's a good shooter. What I like is he's making some good decisions and making good plays."

Artesia stand up
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I jacked that pic for an Avy with the quickness
laugh.gif
Il be having aJennings Avy for a while. Already the best thing that happened to Milwaukee since...2001?

Idk but people are buzzin like crazy around here for this dude.

As they should. BJ is
pimp.gif

I've appreciated him since his HS days, questioned his move, but stuck with him, and couldn't be happier to see him go to MIL, my favorite EC team.
pimp.gif

Seriously though, ive never been o fan of Redd. This team is straight balling under Jennings with no Redd. Keep it that way send him away and get that godawful contract out of the way. Id rather have Meeks at this point over Redd. People are very focused on Jennings which they should, but Meeks is under theradar. Him and Jennings together will be a problem.

BJ has been beasting, and this performance was something special.

I was never an strong Jennings hater, but I still wasn't completely sold on him before the draft. I always knew the kid was talented, and he's shown alot more maturity than I expected from a rookie right now.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep up his impressive season so far.

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

Ryan Hollins - 15 pts, 8 rebs; 7-9.

Eric Maynor - 24 pts, 3 rebs, 4 asts; 9-16.

He's no rookie......
nerd.gif

Maynor did work and Jennings is shining Bright , Props too both so Where Rick Rubio again?

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Seriously though, ive never been o fan of Redd. This team is straight balling under Jennings with no Redd. Keep it that way send him away and get that god awful contract out of the way. Id rather have Meeks at this point over Redd. People are very focused on Jennings which they should, but Meeks is under the radar. Him and Jennings together will be a problem.
Problem will be finding a taker for the contract, but I agree, the Bucks seems to play better w/o Redd so if they could find any possible takers,they have to look into it.

Curry past couple of games
11/14:
14pts, 2 assist, 4 rebounds, 2 steals
11/17:
14 pts, 7 assist, 5 rebounds
11/18:
13pts, 7 assist, 4 steals

c4c2ddcfd014bc923dc1d522dbd9652b-getty-90040877_dlk021_cavs_v_warr.jpg

capt.bc25d6067e364a54bc845f1ab84ad5ea.thunder_magic_basketball_doa113.jpg

Harden with 24 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists vs the Magic

8868da852f8e3c90a4dfe630117a6d63-getty-90040893rh008_knicks_pacers.jpg

Hansbrough with 14 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists vs the Knicks

2e0deedb67505557cee0244670a5ed27-getty-90040905sd007_new_jersey_ne.jpg

TWill with 20 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists vs the Bucks

capt.554d8a3209c549899459a08d7c2157f0.nets_bucks_basketball_wimg109.jpg

BJ with 19 points, 4 rebounds and 8 assists (but 8 turnovers) vs the Nets

^From what I watched of the Lakers v. Hornets last night, I was pretty impressed with Collison. Had a ridiculous floater in the 1st half.

Ty Lawson was the steal of the draft, this kid can play. fast, strong, smart, great court vision, quick decision maker, has ups, played 4 years in a wellcoached system, is a natural team leader, and knows what it's like to win. I'm more and more impressed with him each game. THANK YOU minny for handinghim over, I guess that win y'all got in Denver the other night was payment. we'll take it! haha.

Back
Top Bottom