The 2011 Green Bay Packers will go undefeated.

jpzx

Supporter
... if they want.

You heard it here last.

RIP to the NFL.

iqdfkm.jpg

Hopefully this doesn't get locked. 
ohwell.gif
This is less about everything Packers (which is what the season thread is for) and more about the historic aspect of a team going undefeated.

The only threat I see to them is @DET in a couple of weeks.

It's truly amazing how surgical Aaron Rodgers is, and how their defense doesn't even need to be top notch for them to absolutely dominate. If you're not scoring 50 points, you won't beat the Packers. It's as simple as that.

I'm a Vikings fan, but I'm not going to let history pass me by because of it.

They won't though, this is a prisoner of the moment thread.  They still have to play @Det, Det, Chi, @NYG, Tampa....Not an easy schedule at all, they'll drop one along the way.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

They won't though
I can respect that of course, because history is against them, but if they are going full bore every game, which team is posing a threat to them?

They've already faced their toughest opponents.

Recall how simple it was for the 2009 Colts to go 14-0 and that was pretty much the same roster as they have this year (main cogs). Look how easy that was for them, and they pretty much let themselves get beat (no shots, I know you're a Jets fan). That team is SO bad this year minus one player, but Peyton was almost able to even get those bums to be only the third team to do it.

The 2011 Packers are much more talented than that bunch.
@Det, Det, Chi, @NYG, Tampa

We can all agree they won't lose at home, correct? Unless they lay down, that has to be somewhat assumed. So it comes down to Detroit and New York.

I dunno, the way they are playing it's hard to argue that they won't...

BUT they do have a couple of games they could possibly drop (notably @DET and @NYG). Their defense, while good, has looked very susceptible compared to last season. The loss of Nick Collins is eventually going to bite them in the #%%. They are the only real elite team right now, it's hard to see them losing to any team in the playoffs, but you never know.
Also, assuming they wrap up home field advantage by Week 13/14, who's to say McCarthy won't rest his starters?

i'd say it's possible for them to do it if they really set out to make that a focus but i doubt they would and i wouldn't be suprised to see them rest players if they were to clinch home field early.

looking back at 2007, i don't think these packers are disliked throughout the league like the 07 patriots were, as it seemed if every team gave the patriots their A game and went all out to try and beat them but that 07 season seemed to take it's toll on the patriots late in the year.

if their still undefeated a month from now after the giants game they might very well do it but i eventually see them slipping up before the seasons over.

i'd factor in the christmas game against the bears and the road game in kansas city as potential speed bumps too. despite getting blown out at home today, the chiefs usually play very tough at home even when it's a down year for them and anything could happen in a divisional game with an opponent that knows you very well.

crazy how the packers were 1 quarter away from not even making the playoffs last season and they lost some games to teams they had no business losing to and now they just look dominiant.

Their defense is starting to concern me.

Can they really win like this for the rest of the season?

The Packer are my 2nd fav team so if they went undefeated it would be
pimp.gif

On paper they should go 16-0 but any givin Sunday.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

They play us this year, we body undefeated teams, ask Bill.

Rodgers bodied the giants last year. I'll be at the game dec. 4th... IMO that's not the game we lose.

Since OP is a Vikings fan and is trying to jinx them, it will backfire and end up jinxing him...therefore, the Packers WILL go undefeated 
nerd.gif

If an elite defense can lose to a garbage offense (Ravens losing to the Jaguars) then an elite offense can lose to an inferior opponent as well. The Ravens have a great defense and an ehhh offense and lost..The Packers have a great offense and a weak defense so what's to say they won't lose to a team that is balanced on both sides of the ball? The Packers won today with Rivers throwing TWO pick 6s..That's 14 points he basically handed to the Packers...And the Packers won by a TD with their defense allowing 38 points.

If you're banking on winning 16 straight games with your defense playing like that, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Will Packers end the season as the team with the best record? 99% chance that will be the case. But you never know when a Packers star can have a horrible game or when an opponent's star player will go off for a career game.

Also, as someone already said..If they have the #1 spot in the NFC wrapped up by Week 14-16, they won't play their starters in Week 17 and that can be an L

JPZ's infatuation with the Green Bay Packers is getting out of hand.

He has already stated that "barring an injury,"Aaron Rogers will be the greatest QB of all time.

Now, 8 games in, they will go undefeated.

What's next?

Oh, and I don't have a big enough LOL for this statement:
Originally Posted by JPZx

Recall how simple it was for the 2009 Colts to go 14-0 and that was pretty much the same roster as they have this year (main cogs).

Back
Top Bottom