THE 2012-2013 NBA PREDICTIONS THREAD

Things could go wrong of course, but a little surprised by 2/3 of people not having Minnesota has an 8th seed.

• They were on track for a 7th/8th seed last season before Rubio sustained that ACL injury.
  • Rubio will be back in January, for 50 or so games essentially.
  • Added: Andrei Kirilenko, Brandon Roy, Chase Budinger, etc.... plus the improvement of Derrick Williams.

The record after Rubio went out though might be scaring a few. They were pretty awful once he went down.

Where do you have them? If Brandon Roy is the same Brandon Roy of old (which I don't think anyone thinks is true), I think they can be as good as a 5-6 seed.

I don't see them as being better than the Mavericks, Nuggets, Clippers, or Grizzlies. Not over a full season.

If I had to put money on it I'd have picked Minnesota. But it's a prediction thread and Sacramento is just that underdog team that I'm rooting for. I just like their squad. Minnesota is better though. Kirilenko is a real good pick up. It would be great if Roy can be effective as well.

I think it depends on how the season is going. If we are on our way to the playoffs I don't see herb Kohl backing out. He needs the fans to be into it to keep this team in Milwaukee. If we make it who knows maybe we get both Jennings and Monta back.

Most Valuable Player:
Lebron

Defensive Player of the Year:
Dwight Howard

Rookie of the Year:
Damian Lilliard

Sixth Man of the Year:
James Harden

Most Improved Player:
Stephen Curry

Coach of the Year:
Avery Johnson

Executive of the Year:
Kupchak

All-NBA 1st Team:
G Chris Paul
G Kobe
F Lebron
F KD
C D12

East:
1. Heat
2. Nets
3. Pacers
4. Knicks
5. Sixers
6. Celtics
7. Bulls
8. Hawks

West:
1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Clippers
5. Grizzlies
6. Mavs
7. Warriors
8. Jazz

NBA Champions:
Thunder

Finals MVP:
Kevin Durant

Key Headlines:

Lakers still lose to OKC
Durant abuses Lebron
Warriors stay healthy
Josh Smith averages 19, 9, 5, 2, and 2 but still gets snubbed from the all star team
Nets make the ECF and push the heat to 7 games

Uhh problem? I said theyre underdogs. Do I think its really gonna happen? No. But I want it to happen.

Why did you have to delete the rest of my post on what I think is going to happen?

Uhh problem? I said theyre underdogs. Do I think its really gonna happen? No. But I want it to happen.
Why did you have to delete the rest of my post on what I think is going to happen?

I wasn't questioning picking Minnesota. But that Kings team is badly built. They might win 25 games.

-Thunder decide they can't afford to give Harden a max contract extension and he get's dealt at the trading deadline.
-Magic are going to come very close to setting the worst ever 82 game season record :lol:
-Nets will finish with a better record than the Knicks.
-Maloof family sells franchise to the billionaire up in Seattle.

Last edited:
I mean you said the Celtics would be 8th but the Bucks 5th...

In what world do Ellis & Jennings work together or play a shred of perimeter defense?

It's also cute to me that people are trying to get creative with their Rookie of the Year choices...I doubt its even going to be remotely close, that's how much better I expect Ant to be than everyone else.

Last edited:
I mean you said the Celtics would be 8th but the Bucks 5th...
In what world do Ellis & Jennings work together or play a shred of perimeter defense?

Yea yea yea. The bucks in 2001 didn't have any perimeter defense either but they were a game away from the Finals. I put the celtics there because I believe this will be the year they really decline. It's gonna happen sometime. KG and PP will end up coming to a hault in their careers eventually. I'm not saying the Bucks are anything special but its the East the tail end of the seeding is still weak.

I wasn't questioning picking Minnesota. But that Kings team is badly built. They might win 25 games.

Can't say I disagree but I like what they did with T Rob and DMC. If DMC keeps it up and Reke pans out to what he's supposed to be who knows. It is wishful thinking but who knows who will really get that 8th.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? The Bucks had Sam Cassell, Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson in the prime of their careers and a collection of very good veteran hustle players/glue guys. That Monta-Jennings combo is the dumbest put together duo of players I've seen since Melo and Iverson. And they have Samuel Dalembert as their center....he automatically lowers the IQ level of any team he's on by a LARGE amount. I do like Ekpe Udoh, Tobias Harris, Henson, Sanders and Ilyasova but I don't know how they plan on getting all of those guys minutes with Dalembert and Gooden still there. Their roster just doesn't fit very well at all. They'll probably lead the league in blocks though.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ dude getting worked up over a regular season prediction and calling out the NTer over it by trashing his own favorite squad like that matters. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You suck DoubleJ's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the Spurs will be the 2 seed.

sf0sG.gif

Eastern Conference:

1. Charlotte Bobcats

2. Detroit Pistons

3.Toronto Raptors

4.Washington Wizards

5. Atlanta Hawks

6.New York Knicks

7.Clevland Cavs

8.Chicago Bulls

Western Conference

1.Sacramento Kings

2. New Orleans Hornets

3.Portland Blazers

4.Phoenix Suns

5.Houston Rockets

6.Utah Jazz

7.Minnesota Timverwolves

8.San Antonio Spurs

NBA Champions: Sacramento Kings, they get moved the same off-season

MVP: Samuel Dalembert Averaging 18 RPG, 10.1 APG, 9.9 BPG 0.06 PPG

Rookie of the Year: Harrison Barnes

6th Man of the Year: Adam Morrison

Executive of the Year: Isiah Thomas

Are you kidding me? The Bucks had Sam Cassell, Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson in the prime of their careers and a collection of very good veteran hustle players/glue guys. That Monta-Jennings combo is the dumbest put together duo of players I've seen since Melo and Iverson. And they have Samuel Dalembert as their center....he automatically lowers the IQ level of any team he's on by a LARGE amount. I do like Ekpe Udoh, Tobias Harris, Henson, Sanders and Ilyasova but I don't know how they plan on getting all of those guys minutes with Dalembert and Gooden still there. Their roster just doesn't fit very well at all. They'll probably lead the league in blocks though.

I was just saying bad perimeter defense doesn't decide whether you make the playoffs or not. Not saying the Bucks are going to the Finals. Wouldn't even be surprised if they miss the playoffs because that's what we do. We love that 9th seed. All I'm saying is simply out scoring teams instead of playing defense has gotten teams to the playoffs in the past.

Idk what to think of Jennings/Monta since they've only been together for 20 games or so. They're small in the backcourt but we have a ton of height in the frontcourt. With the few games they've played together they did show they can put up points. So maybe they're relying on that while the defense comes down low with all that height. If they get beat on the perimeter there will be a lot of height waiting. Either way you won't see them being lazy cause Skiles emphasizes D more than anything. I expect them to be ball hawking which they've shown they can do.

Last edited:
Most Valuable Player:
Kevin Durant

Defensive Player of the Year:
Dwight Howard

Rookie of the Year:
Anthony Davis

Sixth Man of the Year:
Eric Bledsoe

Most Improved Player:
Eric Gordon

Coach of the Year: