The 2012 ESPYs...hosted by Rob Riggle

Originally Posted by Shox23

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

StaXX wrote:
That award rightfully belongs to Lin.
Dude went from sleeping on his brother's couch to a household name.

cool, he still won it out of novelty (and yes him being an Asian pro baller is still a novel idea to many, hence his popularity). 
his play had nothing to do with it. pick almost any other ethnicity and it wouldn't have been that big a deal.

This dude Gronk broke records and absolutely BEASTED on the league last season. 
people act lin was sleeping on his brother couch because he was poor, dude was already in the nba making a lot of money

I feel both of you and agree that him being Asian played a huge role in his success.
But out of everyone else in that category, we all knew they had it in them.
Jeremy Lin was literally a nobody and came out of nowhere schooling the best of the best.
That award had his name on it..

49ers Best Game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brees paddin stats on his way to an ESPY then taking 5 minutes to thank everyone like he just won Best Picture at the Oscars.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"A girl who views the world as not just a place you live in, but a place you change." Amazing.

StaXX wrote:

cool, he still won it out of novelty (and yes him being an Asian pro baller is still a novel idea to many, hence his popularity). 
his play had nothing to do with it. pick almost any other ethnicity and it wouldn't have been that big a deal.

This dude Gronk broke records and absolutely BEASTED on the league last season. 
people act lin was sleeping on his brother couch because he was poor, dude was already in the nba making a lot of money
I feel both of you and agree that him being Asian played a huge role in his success.
Jeremy Lin was literally a nobody and came out of nowhere schooling the best of the best.

Is that why Gronk went undrafted in over 90% of ESPN's fantasy football drafts last season and was the waiver pick of the season?
Because everyone knew he had it in him? They must not like winning I guess. 
laugh.gif

Yes I knew he had it in him, because I did draft him. However despite throwing 10 TDs in his rookie year he emerged from relative obscurity by putting together THE GREATEST season ANY TE has EVER put together. Call me when Lin has the greatest season any point guard has ever had. 

If FFers didn't know who he was (granted most ESPNers are casual folk) then the general public definitely didn't know. He made himself a star last season, period. 

Gronks year > Lins year by a landslide. 

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Olivia $$$$%!# Munn
devil.gif

Yessir.
devil.gif

As a gamer, she's been on my radar since....forever.
laugh.gif

Riggle has been great all night. But that opening segment was really funny.
laugh.gif

StaXX wrote:

Is that why Gronk went undrafted in over 90% of ESPN's fantasy football drafts last season and was the waiver pick of the season?
Because everyone knew he had it in him? They must not like winning I guess. 
laugh.gif

Yes I knew he had it in him, because I did draft him. However despite throwing 10 TDs in his rookie year he emerged from relative obscurity by putting together THE GREATEST season ANY TE has ever put together. Call me when Lin has the greatest season any point guard has ever had. 

If FFers didn't know who he was (granted most ESPNers are casual folk) then the general public definitely didn't know. He made himself a star last season, period. 

Gronks year > Lins year by a landslide. 

Who cares about fantasy football drafts?!?  Lin went UNDRAFTED in a REAL NBA draft, meaning EVERY team/GM passed on him at least once if not twice, was cut by two teams (and almost cut again by a third), only played out of absolute necessity and resurrected an underachieving team.  From the depths of obscurity and almost out of a job to becoming a starting PG is a bigger breakthrough and it's not even close.
laugh.gif
 @ using a fantasy football draft to support your argument.

Fantasy football though?
laugh.gif

Before this year you knew every other athlete in that category right?
Did you know who Jeremy Lin was?
Like I said.. Lin rightfully deserves breakout athlete of the year.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Is it wrong that I yelled "wrap that $*#! up, b" at the tv?
30t6p3b.gif

If ur talking about LeGrand then ya thats messed up, it's so sad to see those kinds of injuries in football.

Dude went to Harvard. NOBODY knew who he was.

Guy is the definition of breakout. Knew Gronk would be good when he played at Zona, that was assuming his back issues eased up (they obviously did)

I actually didn't think the Heat would win that. Juwan and Miller though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My dude Miller looks injured in his suit
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom