The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

He's not going to get convicted. Even though I'm sure he really did do everything they're saying he did, there's a huge lack of evidence and I'm sure between now and the last 6 months or so that it happened he's slipped the dude some money to keep his mouth shut. He's also in a contract year and has no choice but to have the best season of his life and stay out of trouble. We need to just keep him for this year atleast, it'll be worth it.

Houston got a 7th rounder for talib
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Whoever falls for Tannenhill
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wouldn't say that if I was you....
I know it's not saying much, but Tannehill is a hell of a lot better QB prospect than both Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were last year. I think he'll prove some people wrong depending on the situation he gets put in.

ponder showed signs he could be a legit NFL QB. gabbert never showed that.

I agree, Ponder did show signs of being a legit NFL QB. I thknk he played well last season, even though the vikings oline was terrible and outside of percy harvin, he didnt have anyone to throw to.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

IMO, Blackmon is as good as any wr prospect I have seen coming out. I still want the vikes to land him.
NOOOOO. The Vikings should

1. Stay put at 3 and draft Matt kalil
2. Trade down with dolphins for their 2nd and 3rd round pick and take Riley Rieff at that 8th spot.

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

2. Trade down with dolphins for their 2nd and 3rd round pick and take Riley Rieff at that 8th spot. 
A, we're not trading up to 3
B, the Rams got first rounders til 2037 for the pick right in front of yours, and you only want a 2 and a 3? 
laugh.gif

C, Reiff at 8 is a HORRIBLE choice. 
D, you're taking Kalil, at 3.  Be happy, Ponder and AP will be. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I wouldn't say that if I was you....
I know it's not saying much, but Tannehill is a hell of a lot better QB prospect than both Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were last year. I think he'll prove some people wrong depending on the situation he gets put in.

ponder showed signs he could be a legit NFL QB. gabbert never showed that.

I agree, Ponder did show signs of being a legit NFL QB. I thknk he played well last season, even though the vikings oline was terrible and outside of percy harvin, he didnt have anyone to throw to.

I didn't say I thought Ponder sucked, I'm just saying Tannehill is a better prospect coming out of college than he was last year. Ponder looked nice for a few games here and there his rookie year.

Originally Posted by CP1708

A, we're not trading up to 3
B, the Rams got first rounders til 2037 for the pick right in front of yours, and you only want a 2 and a 3? 
laugh.gif

C, Reiff at 8 is a HORRIBLE choice. 
D, you're taking Kalil, at 3.  Be happy, Ponder and AP will be. 

A. Its very possible Dolphins would trade up to 3. Esp if the browns is thinking about taking a QB.
B.  You have to understand the value of Andrew Luck and RG3. its a big difference as of right now because Tannehill is not worth what ******** gave up to move up to that 2nd spot to get RG3.  2nd round and 3rd rounder is fair enough.
C. if you think Reiff is a horrible pick, you are delusional.
D. Staying at 3 and taking Kalil would be cool.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Dude, Miami is not trading up to 3.  We suck as it is, you think trading away more picks to take a reach QB is a wise idea?  With like 10 QB's coming out next year that could be better than him?  It ain't happenin man.  Let Cleveland have him if they want him, we ain't trading picks for him.  Take him at 8?  Yeah, sure, that might happen. 

Reiff at 8 is horrible.  HORRIBLE.  Mid first, yeah that's cool.  12-14-16, etc.  Sure.  8?  You think he the 8th best player in the draft?  He got that kind of value?  Come on. 

Kalil at 3, CB in round 2, solid start to your draft right there. 

If we are gonna trade him, I'm waiting for the ******** to offer us a 4th.

laugh.gif
He doesn't have that value with his off the field issues.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

laugh.gif
its the ********
laugh.gif
the raiders of the east
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

laugh.gif
I think he'll end up with the ******** one way or another this year.  He's got that relationship with both Morris and Bruce Allen.  4th...nah.  Not with all his problems.  But I could see something like a 5th and possibly a conditional pick down the road. 

I hope it happens.  He's a good player. 

Originally Posted by MMG

Reiff at 8 is bad as tannehill in the top 10
laugh.gif

Its baffling to me that Tannehill is considered as a 1st rounder... I really have a hard time seeing him in the 2nd.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Dude, Miami is not trading up to 3.  We suck as it is, you think trading away more picks to take a reach QB is a wise idea?  With like 10 QB's coming out next year that could be better than him?  It ain't happenin man.  Let Cleveland have him if they want him, we ain't trading picks for him.  Take him at 8?  Yeah, sure, that might happen. 

Reiff at 8 is horrible.  HORRIBLE.  Mid first, yeah that's cool.  12-14-16, etc.  Sure.  8?  You think he the 8th best player in the draft?  He got that kind of value?  Come on. 

Kalil at 3, CB in round 2, solid start to your draft right there.

Well, The Dolphins have made tons of bone head decisions. Wont surprise me if they did trade up. I dont know who will bust or who will be great. The draft is a crap shoot, so i aint the type to judge draft picks until i see them play in the league.

I've come to realize that passing on Blackmon might be the smartest thing the Browns can do with the 4th pick.

I've listened to a recent interview with Blackmon, dudes sounds like he has no determination to win or succeed if he was chosen to play for the Browns.

No thanks, I'll pass. Give me Richardson please.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif

Its baffling to me that Tannehill is considered as a 1st rounder... I really have a hard time seeing him in the 2nd.

its these damm coaches/GMs reaching and trying to save their jobs

honestly if the browns touch tannehill that franchise will be forever doomed, take Trent and the best WR at 22

Dolphins should take the best defensive player avail.

If the Browns / Dolphins dont touch him i see him dropping.

If Tannehill slips past the Dolphins, I don't see him falling much farther than the Chiefs. I think he has the potential to play like a guy that was worthy of being drafted in the top 10, but it's going to take a little bit of time. If I'm drafting a QB that early I want somebody that can step in and immediately start playing, and that's not going to be the best situation for Tannehill.

Supposedly Philadelphia was interested in moving up to grab Fletcher Cox.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif

Because coaches overestimate their ability to coach.

He has all the physical tools and if you are a coach you think you can fix the mental part. **cough Blaine Gabbert cough**

The more I watch him the less I like him because he looks like a robot (I do not even know how to describe why this is bad) but I would take him before a bunch of guys who went round 1 in the last few years.

You wouldnt take him over Ponder or Gabbert? You might not like his tape or prefer his style of play but I do not see how he isnt AT LEAST as good a prospect as both of them.

I mean +**! Kyle Boller went top 20 and never completed 50% of his passes in college. JP Losman was a first rounder. I mean Tannehill even in his current form is worth a pick in the 20's.

You killing him
laugh.gif

Tannehill can play, but drafting him thinking he'll be a franchise saver is crazy... I don't see why he can't be a reliable starter though.

Back
Top Bottom