The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

126g3zb.jpg

And?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Man I am hoping the Lions can trade up to get Jenkins in the 2nd. I get why they went with Reiff and I am alright with that, but damn if we don't get one of these top corners left I am going to flip. There is no way we can start next season with the bums we had last year.

Hate to this say this, but THEY ARE NOT taking jenkins, dude. We signed that bum Jacob Lacey for a reason, Mahew thinks he can be our #1
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
. such a waste of money

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Man I am hoping the Lions can trade up to get Jenkins in the 2nd. I get why they went with Reiff and I am alright with that, but damn if we don't get one of these top corners left I am going to flip. There is no way we can start next season with the bums we had last year.

Hate to this say this, but THEY ARE NOT taking jenkins, dude. We signed that bum Jacob Lacey for a reason, Mahew thinks he can be our #1
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
. such a waste of money
I know man
30t6p3b.gif
  I still don't see how they can't take a CB.  If not moving up for Jenkins a guy like Trumaine Johnson or Fleming would be a good pick.  No way we go into the season without picking up someone.  If I have to see Aaron Berry get burned one more time I might throw my remote through the damn TV
mad.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Texans - Winning with that D and Giants blueprint.

woo_medium.gif

the possibilities with that defense and the likes of Luck, Locker, Gabbert along with spotty OL play.

now that i had a chance to think about this pick, this is not bad at all.  It gives us a 3rd pass rusher along with Barwin and Reed.  Good move Rick Smith.  A+
i dont like this pick at all

i rather have traded back, taken fleener, we just spent picks last year on DE/OLBs now to take another one?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

eagles sitting pretty with a TON of talent on the board and no overwhelming needs..

still have 7 picks left (with 2 in the second).. i have no clue where we go

we could go with another DT, since there are so many strong guys there.. but i think we wait til the 3rd or 4th for that

we could go after jonathen martin or cordy glenn for the Oline.. could go after fleener as a redzone target and 2nd TE.. could go after the LB out of cal or lavonte (but i think we wait til the 3rd for a LB).. could also go after a CB

Originally Posted by three6mafia

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
. such a waste of money
I know man
30t6p3b.gif
  I still don't see how they can't take a CB.  If not moving up for Jenkins a guy like Trumaine Johnson or Fleming would be a good pick.  No way we go into the season without picking up someone.  If I have to see Aaron Berry get burned one more time I might throw my remote through the damn TV
mad.gif
sick.gif

i hear ya, dude. I got into a argument with some guy at the bar a few weeks ago. He tried saying that our DBs were legit and we didnt need to add any.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Then he tried telling me Chris Houston was a solid #1 CB. Like srs?? what games are you watching. Aside from Indy we had the worst secondary. I wish we could have made a trade for asante samuel or something. we'll see. hoping for the best.

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Texans - Winning with that D and Giants blueprint.

woo_medium.gif

the possibilities with that defense and the likes of Luck, Locker, Gabbert along with spotty OL play.

now that i had a chance to think about this pick, this is not bad at all.  It gives us a 3rd pass rusher along with Barwin and Reed.  Good move Rick Smith.  A+
i dont like this pick at all

i rather have traded back, taken fleener, we just spent picks last year on DE/OLBs now to take another one?
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Don't understand the hype on Fleener. Can't block, average route running, good hands. 3-4 Defense you can never have enough pass rushers (OLB,DE, etc) plus Barwin is up next season (as is Schaub and Brown) and Antonio Smith's contract increases. WR depth in the draft is insane this year and WR's are probably the hardest to project. TE we have OD, Casey, and Graham. I wouldn't mind Fleener in the  second, but at the 26 spot that's too high. Plus, this whole year of the TE is making everyone overrate him. 
I like the pick. We agree to disagree, if he's anything like JPP (who I LOVED when the Giants took him) we are set.

'
I took him 23rd overall in the NT mock.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Giants fan but its gonna be hard to boo RGIII this year. If we didn't have Eli, I would be ridiculously jealous that the Deadskins have him. Dude is something special

Loved what the Rams did getting 2 extra second rounders + Brockers (another Dlineman Gunna?
laugh.gif
)  But they should be able to add 4 starters before they even hit round 3, that's BIG. 

I started to like what the Vikes did getting 3 picks for dropping down one slot and still getting Kalil, but I did not like the Harrison Smith pick at all. 

I like Bruce Irvin, alot, but at 15? 
eek.gif
roll.gif

The Browns moved up 1 spot and gave away 3 damn picks for it, and then take a RB which is PROVEN to be a position you can fill anywhere in the top 3-4 rounds.  Then, they take a damn near 30 year old rookie QB.  Meanwhile, the Ravens are in this division still, the Steelers add the best interior lineman in the draft to protect Ben, and the Bengals add a corner and a top interior lineman themselves, plus add an extra pick from NE.  The Browns are in trouble.

Melvin Ingram at 18?  Why can't my %$%*%% team ever get that lucky? 
frown.gif

AJ Jenkins, at 30? 
ohwell.gif

Isn't David Wilson Ahmad Bradshaw already?  That was strange.

Like Blackmon to Jax, should help MJD, but Gabbert gonna frustrate the hell out of dude. 

Round 2 gonna be real nice.  Lotta value still out there.  Lookin forward to it. 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Losers: [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Browns... Now they get arguably the best NFL ready player. And then go after a QB? One who is almost 30? Do not get it, especially when they could have built around the QB position and gone into next years QB heavy draft![/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]49ers... What that FO has done in the past years has been genius. who saw aldon smith coming like he did? But they could have been smarter and picked him up in the second round. he was like the 9th rated WR.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seahawks... you have a late 3rd rounder at 15. But they did this last year and are really happy with their offensive linemen... we'll see.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Finally[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dolphins... I understand WHY, but good god why reach at 8. NO ONE wanted him in the first. Trade down a lot and get him later. I just don't understand when the phins needs are greater than just a QB.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Winners:[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Bucs... traded back, got a Pro Bowl Safety an a Big Time RB in Martin. Great pick ups.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Patriots... fu-k um though.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Rams... Trade back, get extra picks and have 4 potential starters within the first couple rounds. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Vikings... got some picks by moving back just one spot. Got their starting Tackle and a Safety i like. [/color]

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

madden players, does a roster update come out after the draft?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]nope... you'll get it when the game comes out.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

madden players, does a roster update come out after the draft?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]nope... you'll get it when the game comes out.[/color]

nah i meant as in someone just creates these guys and has the file up for download

I like the Reif pick for the Lions but don't love it... It was a value pick since Dre went off the board... Had no clue which way they would go but glad they got a guy with the pedigree to replace Backus... He seems better than Bulaga who went around the same spot for the Packers a couple years ago... Need a secondary guy in the 2nd round

There was a report out of St. Louis having AJ Jenkins as their first pick of the second round... They supposedly had him rated with Blackmon... The Cards also liked him

Ingram
pimp.gif

DWilson
pimp.gif

mercilus
pimp.gif

AJ Jenkins
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
mark Barron AND Harrison Smith
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

those two are 3rd rounders if they were in the 2010 draft.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Ingram
pimp.gif

DWilson
pimp.gif

mercilus
pimp.gif

AJ Jenkins
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
mark Barron AND Harrison Smith
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

those two are 3rd rounders if they were in the 2010 draft.
Yea cause free is more highly valued that strong, But if your looking for Strong, Barron is great.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

broslap_medium.gif
I was dying when I saw that reaction.
Didn't expect a RB that high but most mock drafts had him in the 30's, guy is an athletic freak and should help Bradshaw some, still has a lot to learn especially with the fumbling but that can be fixed. Would've preferred Fleener but GMen used their pick to fill a need more than anything.We could still use a G/T and a few more "need" picks.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Welp there goes Blackmon' career
laugh.gif
skinsjersey.jpg

nerd.gif

I don't think RG III will be a bust but can't let a ******** fan disrespect the Jags like that.  I get enough of that from most of my family/friends.

Back
Top Bottom