The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memphis needs to hope somehow SA draws a healthy OKC in the first round. There the only team that I see beating SA 4 outta 7. And then MEM can take out the Thunder.

JR Smith's problem is him.
"above his shoulders"

If you think he doesn't have talent, or even "exceptional talent", I'm cool with that. Last thing I will do is debate it with you though.

Me- the sky looks awfully blue today
Shoeking- you must not know what blue looks like

Have no idea what you are getting at with that analogy :lol: so yes.

Jr is less explosive so he relies on step backs too much now but he's got the talent to be a solid gunner/6th man. I don't think he'll ever reach his apex again tho.

tumblr_mvpv7kcF2H1sgwgo2o1_250.gif
Lol. Hahahhhahahah. I wonder if Sean Michaels got in trouble for doing that. That's hikarious

Jr is less explosive so he relies on step backs too much now but he's got the talent to be a solid gunner/6th man. I don't think he'll ever reach his apex again tho.
He needs to just go ahead and join the PGA tour, and leave this basketball alone.

If Wash gets the top seed in the East he should def get consideration. He's the engine that makes Wash go. That said though because the west is so tuff it'll be hard to give it to Wall unless he raises his individual numbers. Points and rebounds. Assist, steals and blocks are good already.

Agreed.

If the Wiz finish with a top 2 record in the Easr and win around 50 games...he should be in the conversation. Like top 5 in voting.

I had Randy Whitman as a COY candidate...Steve Kerr is messing that up for me though lol.

Warriors co-owner Lacob lists reasons for firing Mark Jackson
By Diamond [email protected]
POSTED: 12/05/2014 02:33:55 PM PST2 COMMENTS| UPDATED: ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO

Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob praised coach Steve Kerr at a time when the team is off to its best start in franchise history and listed the reasons he fired Mark Jackson in a speaking appearance before venture capitalists in Menlo Park this week.

While crediting Jackson for changing the Warriors' culture, Lacob said he didn't think the team "could be great" without removing a coach he characterized as unwilling to hire better assistants and disliked by many in the organization.

"Right now, (Kerr) looks great," Lacob said at the Western Association of Venture Capitalists/National Venture Capital Association luncheon Wednesday. "I think he will be great. And he did the one big thing that I wanted more than anything else from Mark Jackson he just wouldn't do, in all honesty, which is hire the very best.

"Carte blanche. Take my wallet. Do whatever it is to get the best assistants there are in the world. Period. End of story. Don't want to hear it. And (Jackson's) answer . . . was, 'Well, I have the best staff.' No you don't. And so with Steve, very, very different."

Lacob praised associate head coach Alvin Gentry and assistant coach Ron Adams, whom Kerr hired for their experience. Lacob said he thought at the time when he hired Jackson that the key for an inexperienced coach who he said "didn't know X's and O's, really" was to hire the right staff around him.

"You can't have a staff underneath you that isn't that good," Lacob said. "And if you're going to get better, you've got to have really good assistants. You've got to have people that can be there to replace you. We all know this from all of our companies. It's . . . Management 101. A lot of people on the outside couldn't understand it when we (fired Jackson)."

Only one of Jackson's five assistants last season, Darren Erman, remains in the NBA. He was fired during the season for violating company policy shortly after Brian Scalabrine was reassigned to the team's NBA Development League affiliate in Santa Cruz.

Lacob, who said he thinks Kerr is "going to be spectacular" at a time when the Warriors are 16-2, also gave another reason for Jackson's dismissal after back-to-back playoff appearances.

"Part of it was that he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization," Lacob said. "And look, he did a great job, and I'll always compliment him in many respects, but you can't have 200 people in the organization not like you."

Jackson, now an ESPN broadcaster who did not immediately return a message seeking comment, had successes Lacob said made the decision to fire him "a really tough call."

"We all make the decision to change the CEO too late, right?" Lacob said. "No matter how many times you've done it, we're always in the situation. We're always waiting longer than we should wait. And I'm very cognizant of that after all those years (as a venture capitalist). And in sports, it's no different than a business. You really kind of have to get ahead of it."

Lacob declined to predict a wins total for this season while saying the goal for the Warriors remains the same as it was last season -- clinching a top-four seed in the playoffs in the Western Conference.

"We're on top of the world right now," Lacob said. "If we lose in the first round of the playoffs, I am going to be crap (to the public)."

Lacob's ultimate goal is an NBA championship, and he said this year's team will contend for it.

"I think we have a shot," Lacob said. "We are really good. Everything is falling into place. If we can keep people healthy, we have a chance to be competing for it, and that's all you can ask because you never know what's going to happen."

Lacob also said it was possible the team's San Francisco arena could open for the 2017-18 season even as the official target date is the following season. Lacob said the arena project costs $800 million and that including office and retail space the price tag in privately financed dollars is "well over a billion."

"We're going to put a shovel in the ground, assuming the bureaucrats don't slow us down any more next summer," Lacob said. "And it'll be built in 24 months. We've hired the contractors already, and we'll open hopefully in fall of '17. We told the world fall of '18. We're trying to move it up to fall of '17, and it's a real possibility we could do that."
I'm not a Mark Jackson guy, but I can't rock with this **** either. Doesn't sit right with me.

Then again, the mentality of some billionaire venture capitalist owner is a lot different than mine...

Hawks tried "tanking" when they got rid of everybody a few years ago and still remained pretty good :lol:

Like watching them play tho...never know who'll be their best player from game to game

It's some real petty **** by GS. I like the beige bros but won't be cheering for them.

Hawks tried "tanking" when they got rid of everybody a few years ago and still remained pretty good
laugh.gif

Like watching them play tho...never know who'll be their best player from game to game
They're like a variant Spurs.

Not surprising since their coach is a Pop disciple.

Yeah, the Hawks are fun to watch. They execute really well within the system and Kyle Korver is an elite weapon in this league.

...but they'll reach the first or second round with all their games on NBA TV, lose, and none of us will bat an eyelid.

Last edited:
The East sucks bad enough that you can't completely count the Knicks out of the playoffs yet.

Grizz getting voted back on NationalTV vs Mavs.

I remember when they played Spurs and they had said they only had one, maybe two National games this year.

This will be the 3rd already, when they play Dallas

I'd like to go to that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom