The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic
Isaiah
Stockton
Gp
Cp3
Kidd

So winning mean absolutely nothing? There's nothing to be said about elevating your teammates level of play or leadership or anything that has to do with winning. So when Melo or TMac couldn't make it past the first round that had nothing to do with them. Their great but the team they had was to blame.

You could literally never make the playoffs but put up consistence great numbers on a bad team and be the greatest ever because actually winning is a team thing right?

man you really jumped off the cliff huh

NT Extremes

So winning mean absolutely nothing? There's nothing to be said about elevating your teammates level of play or leadership or anything that has to do with winning. So when Melo or TMac couldn't make it past the first round that had nothing to do with them. Their great but the team they had was to blame.

You could literally never make the playoffs but put up consistence great numbers on a bad team and be the greatest ever because actually winning is a team thing right?
Way to go to the extreme

Magic
Isaiah
Stockton
Gp
Cp3
Kidd
man you really jumped off the cliff huh

NT Extremes

You have Paul 5th ahead of Kidd already. That's extreme. Kidd actually got a team to the finals twice and has more asisst than Paul. What in the hell has Paul done to surpass him already?

Not winning a title shouldn't take away from a players greatness, but you can't ignore poor playoff performances.

I'm not pointing out a particular player either

Way to go to the extreme

It's the exact opposite of what you said. Why does winning mean nothing to win your argument but when I reverse the senario it's extreme? Debate what I said. Or do you have nothing?

"Winning isn't a individual accomplishment" is what you said. So if winning doesn't reflect on a player then losing shouldn't either. In that senario you could be the greatest ever although you never win. Winning or losing only reflects team right? Easy to comprehend people.

Last edited:
Interesting that you place GP over Kidd.

Where is Oscar Robertson or is he too old for you to comment on? If so, I understanfd 100%

Kidd's lack of scoring ability early hurts him imo, but I'm splitting hairs if someone had kidd ahead of GP and CP3 i would understand any order

I've always considered Oscar more of a sg but if we're putting him in the pg category i'd have him right behind magic

This narrative needs to change. D'antoni has coached some very talented players but has never had anywhere close to the success that he's had with nash leading the program. Nash made D'antoni more so than vice versa

I don't know about all that.

When you sweep Popovich in the playoffs and then he completely retools his offense to mimic yours, you're a pretty smart dude.

Also, one could argue that Marion and Amar'e were better overall players than Nash at that time, but I don't really want to get into all that, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you TRYING to get a response from this?

You would take CP3 over Kidd and GP?

What year were you born?
Cp3 is a better shooter & scorer than both of them
You have Paul 5th ahead of Kidd already. That's extreme. Kidd actually got a team to the finals twice and has more asisst than Paul. What in the hell has Paul done to surpass him already?

Early 2000s east is worst than it is now

Kidd going to b2b finals & only winnin

I love Kidd, but trying to prop up the Finals appearances in 2002 and 2003 is like when I heard Laker fans propping up Byron for coaching those teams all summer. :smh: :rolleyes

Last edited:
Magic, Isiah, Stockton, GP and CP3 in that order.

Kidd is just on the outside of this list of top 5pgs...but it's splitting hairs. Nash and Walt a Frazier round it out as well. I consider Big O more of a SG/Combo guard.

CP3 might be on the outside looking in right now...but he has a lot of basketball left. At the end of his career...I can see CP3 firmly as a top 5 PG. Possibly in the Isiah/Stockton tier.

Last edited:
Again, there are 2 sides of the basketball court, guys.

Offense AND defense.

Chris Paul is the most overrated player of all time.

Still a little delusional after last nights loss?

It's OK, it happens to the best of us, I totally understand.

Nope. Been saying it for years. Look at my post history if you don't believe me.

Most overrated player of all time. He'll sputter out in the playoffs again, we'll see another round of

View media item 970336
and then the idiots will be out in force talking about win shares, his lackluster teammates, and all kinds of other horse**** that means nothing.

Don't worry tho, I'll be here. :smile:

Last edited:
Again, there are 2 sides of the basketball court, guys.

Offense AND defense.

Magic wasn't a defender by any means.

And as bad as Nash is defensively, it was never the reason for his teams lack of success.

I almost want to say individual defense is over valued, but I'm sure it will be taken out of context.

EDIT: defense from the point guard position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom