The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st ballot HOF'er yet he's a perennial loser,
laugh.gif

I love you, NT, don't ever leave me.
There's always got to be #NTextremes 
laugh.gif

Oh we doing that thing where we base individual greatness of team success again? I'll see yall tonight.

Also Chris Paul is the second best PG ever and it shouldn't be an argument.

Thats what im saying, cp3 is a top 5 talent all time at the pg position

If team success is such a big deal all of yall should have bill russell as the best of all time

Yall gotta stop with the double standards, its not like hes t mac & only had 4-5 superstar level seasons, hes been consistent going on 10 seasons now, theirs only 1 champ a year, that "make it out the 2nd round" bs is trying too hard to find a flaw in his game & thats what they do to all great players that dont "win"

So, who's everyone's starting 5 on the Perennial Loser team? :nerd:

I think I'll go w/

CP3
Reggie
KD
Malone
Ewing

Come @ me, bros.

1st ballot HOF'er yet he's a perennial loser, :lol:

I love you, NT, don't ever leave me.
There's always got to be #NTextremes :lol:

Yea, that's how it is.

If someone doesn't like a player, they're unable to look @ things properly.

CP3 IS POO, LOOK @ HIS PLAYOFF RECORD, HA!

That's pretty much how most NT'ers "debate".

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who's everyone's starting 5 on the Perennial Loser team?
nerd.gif

I think I'll go w/

CP3
Reggie
KD
Malone
Ewing

Come @ me, bros.
Yea, that's how it is.

If someone doesn't like a player, they're unable to look @ things properly.

CP3 IS POO, LOOK @ HIS PLAYOFF RECORD, HA!
stockton >>>>>>>> cp3. all time assist leader,. better shooter. arguably better defender

Last edited:
Let's bring up someone's playoff team success to measure how he ranks individually. Perfect logic.

It isn't like CP3 is under performing in the playoffs man. In 3 years alone he's lost to the spurs, the grizz, and the Thunder.

Again, I know it's easy to say he catches L's in the playoffs and to ignore who he played, yadayadayada but it isn't that simple. Basketball is a team sport. Things happen, players get injured, the other team is just better sometimes. Luck happens. Name one time in CP's career where he was an overwhelming favorite and lost?

Because by no metric is Carmelo Anthony considered one of the best players at his position historically.

Anyways, in the playoffs:

Player A: 18.9 points, 5.3 assists, 3 rebounds, .9 steals 46% and 31% from 3

Player B: 20.6, 9.7, 4.8, 2.4 48% and 38% from 3

Who you taking?

Thats what im saying, cp3 is a top 5 talent all time at the pg position

If team success is such a big deal all of yall should have bill russell as the best of all time

Yall gotta stop with the double standards, its not like hes t mac & only had 4-5 superstar level seasons, hes been consistent going on 10 seasons now, theirs only 1 champ a year, that "make it out the 2nd round" bs is trying too hard to find a flaw in his game & thats what they do to all great players that dont "win"

It's not a double standard. Stockton didn't win a title but IMO a top 5 all time PG. Chauncey has a title but isn't. I have CP ahead of Chauncey but behind Stockton.

The reason winning is bought up with Paul is to his supporters he can do no wrong. Melo is the perfect comparison. Not much team success both really good players but as main man said Melo is roasted for not winning where as Paul gets a pass. I've never heard anyone say Melo is 2nd all time best SF but Paul is suppose to be at his position without question? That's the double standard.

Last edited:
It's not a double standard. Stockton didn't win a title but IMO a top 5 all time PG. Chauncey has a title but isn't. I have CP ahead of Chauncey but behind Stockton.

The reason winning is bought up with Paul is to his supporters he can do no wrong. Melo is the perfect comparison. Not much team success both really good players but as main man said Melo is roasted for not winning where as Paul gets a pass. I've never heard anyone say Melo is 2nd all time best SF but Paul is suppose to be at his position without question? That's the double standard.

Your silly if you think Melo is the perfect comparison man stop saying that **** :lol: if people are arguing whether or not CP is top 5 at his position, how can Melo be a perfect argument? In fact it's the complete opposite. He's nowhere close to being a top 5 three man in league history, so where is the "perfect comparison" coming from? Not to mention, as evidence on here, ESPN, and other outlets CP gets a lot of heat for his lack of team success so I don't know where the narrative of Chris Paul doesn't get "roasted" comes from.

Among active players, Amare Stoudemire is 11th in win shares/48, a guy like Westbrook is 24th

Advanced statistics disgusts me

In regards to a player winning a championship or not:

23:00-37:00.
Unreleated to the larger topic at hand, but I cant listen to this pod on my phone anymore cause I always miss out on the graphics they use. Youtube only for me with this one.

Your silly if you think Melo is the perfect comparison man stop saying that **** :lol: if people are arguing whether or not CP is top 5 at his position, how can Melo be a perfect argument? In fact it's the complete opposite. He's nowhere close to being a top 5 three man in league history, so where is the "perfect comparison" coming from? Not to mention, as evidence on here, ESPN, and other outlets CP gets a lot of heat for his lack of team success so I don't know where the narrative of Chris Paul doesn't get "roasted" comes from.

Can you comprehend? I'm talking about wins and loses. Not the position they play or there game. Paul doesn't get the same slander for being the 2nd best PG ever as some claim in comparison to Melo who's one of many good SF FOR NOT WINNING.

Even the great PGs that didn't win titles made the finals. GP/Sonics Kidd/Nets Stockton/Jazz. CP hasn't even seen the conference finals.

Last edited:
Since Memphis is not considered the best destination to Memphis, how about:

Denver get: Waiters

Cavs get: Prince, Koufos

Grizz get: Chandler, Arthur, their 1st back from Cleveland (optional)

I'm thinking the Nuggets would like to have Waiters, but not at the expense of Mozgov (which is who Cleveland wants). If they can get Waiters and give up Chandler (which they have a logjam at the forward position) and Arthur, I think there is a possibility of them doing. Cleveland gets the two guys they want from Memphis. The Grizz get a starting caliber SF (39% shooter) and Arthur back who is use to core players in Memphis and looks to be having a much better season. Provides additional athleticism up front and pick n roll defense.

I could be wrong, but I feel like PG's are probably the least slandered position in basketball.

Maybe that has something to do w/ it?

It's kind of like in football, we don't really give a **** about WR's and RB's "winning", it's just a measuring stick for QB's.

Maybe I'm off base here, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cp3 gets PLENTY of slander here and in the media. ESPN and SKIP started that "CP0" and "can't get past the 2nd round" nonsense and y'all eat it up. That's ALWAYS mentioned now when he's brought up...and it's become the in thing to say Tony Parker is better b/c he has 4 chips and is underrated...and Russ is better etc etc.

Melo gets unfairly slandered too. He's had good playoff moments, but also has underperformed as well. Still great players who shouldn't be judged by media driven nonsense.

The whole Dwight slander thing is some of the most BS I've ever seen.

And it's so trivial to argue about who gets slandered more. Think I'll retire that word after today lol.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I feel like PG's are probably the least slandered position in basketball.

Maybe that has something to do w/ it?

It's kind of like in football, we don't really give a **** about WR's and RB's "winning", it's just a measuring stick for QB's.

Maybe I'm off base here, who knows.

In basketball, you're right. It has to do with the narrative created by Michael Jordan IMO. That 6'6 to 6'8-6'9ish wing that's supposed to be able to elevate the level of his teammates come postseason, do godly things, win championships, all that BS.

So when you see a player at that size who's very good, but isn't doing those things, people jump on him.

I think that's changing though a bit. As I said, CP gets slandered pretty heavily. It's going to be amazing to hear some of the **** that is spewed out if guys like AD and KD or Russ don't win a ring in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom