The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure people didn't want any parts of them because of they were considered black holes. The Grizz got Zbo for ******* Quentin Richardson (who was nothing but actual trash at that time).

Its just ridiculous that people think a player can't improve in a better environment. J-Smoove's production went down when he went to Detroit playing out of position. Its not like he can't be placed in a better situation and get back to how he was a few years ago in ATL. There's more proven evidence that he's a good player in comparison to being "trash".

I wouldn't call Smith trash but his problems have stemmed back to his ATL days - even on a "good" team. The guys TS% hasn't been over 50% since 2010-2011! That's awful for any position. It's especially awful for a guy who plays PF a majority of the time. He refuses to reel in his offense and his FT% has gone down to an embarrassing 48%.

On a great team, he can be used as a defensive playmaker who can dunk occasionally. He's proven that even on good teams (ATL), even with smart coaches (SVG), he can't shoulder too much of the offensive burden in a positive way. The examples you mentioned thrived on good teams. Not sure JSmoove can thrive anywhere except for on a GREAT team.

Bill Walton after '98 ASG: "These players know that Michael Jordan is the reason why their lives are so great." If he means in regard to the sport's progression, I agree, but the way he said it :rofl:

Did you guys read SI Richard Deitsch's column on Bill Simmons' "contract season" technically, with Vegas odds of where he might go? The writer is becoming a topic to write on... I can't get with that at all :lol: Sports journalism is going down a risky path (ex. that Dwyer/Kobe story). Just sort of overfitting coverage when there's no story.

If only Kobe could get off that plane

4rSna2d.gif

:rofl: Especially at George trucking the old lady in the walker. I'm glad he pushed the clown though. I hate clowns.

Part of that scene was just the sound of like dishes/plates/cups crashing noises when he pushed the clown :rofl:

:lol: @ josh smith is "trash" like he's never proven to be anything more than that in his career. Let's forget about where he plays and what his current position is. One thing for sure, people don't believe in 2nd chances at all around here. Zbo, Big Al, Monta Ellis and many more are all trash because they were previously considered black holes and were in non-productive environments. :rolleyes

I hear you, but I don't see a resurgence happening with Smith. Those other guys you mentioned may have been accuses of being selfish on certain teams, but they didn't have major fundamental flaws in their games the way that Smith does. Plus, part of what made Smith good initially was his great athleticism, which isn't the same as it used to be. ZBo and Al Jeff never relied heavily on athleticism, so that hasn't really been a factor for them. I think Smith is what he is. But if proves me wrong, great.

at least it looks like Vivek and Co are betting on a winning formula!

Vivek: "Guys, if Ty won summer league with this offense.... imagine what he could do in the NBA with this offense"

Someone: "But Vivek, he was horrible with Utah"

Vivek: "Alright fire Malone and hire Ty for the year?"

Someone: "Ummm okay boss"

Vivek: "Ty rocks on 3. 1, 2, 3!"

Everyone in the FO: "TY ROCKS!"

indifferent.gif

Kings like the uptempo offense that new interim coach Tyrone Corbin was running with the summer league team that won the title in Las Vegas.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) December 15, 2014

Last edited:
You go to the Los Angeles Lakers to push yourself to get better and learn from a champion

There's only like 5 places in the NBA where you can really learn a champion superstar

Right, so they're going to all stick to those other 4 places in my opinion.

Here's what the Lakers look like when you take a step back:

Aside from the fact that there are younger superstars to team up with (Kobe as your running mate has an expiration date unlike many other options of two players teaming up somewhere)

... and aside from the Charmin Soft/every day locker room stuff
... and aside from no Phil
... and aside from management having a monstrous resume from birth in a fortunate last name

... the fan/NT fan mentality of "well they don't know what it takes to have a winning/championship mentality then" might just fit this organization perfectly. I'm warming up to it's value there.

There's no shortage of unique or beautiful landing spots for these unrestricted free agents. When you arrive there let's talk.

I wouldn't call Smith trash but his problems have stemmed back to his ATL days - even on a "good" team. The guys TS% hasn't been over 50% since 2010-2011! That's awful for any position. It's especially awful for a guy who plays PF a majority of the time. He refuses to reel in his offense and his FT% has gone down to an embarrassing 48%.

On a great team, he can be used as a defensive playmaker who can dunk occasionally. He's proven that even on good teams (ATL), even with smart coaches (SVG), he can't shoulder too much of the offensive burden in a positive way. The examples you mentioned thrived on good teams. Not sure JSmoove can thrive anywhere except for on a GREAT team.

I hear what you're saying, but some players are just considered inefficient players. His value comes on the defensive end and I would prefer him to be more of a 4th option on a good team. You mentioned how bad his TS% is, but ZBO been at the 50% mark for 3 straight seasons before this year. He was still an inefficient offensive player that could not offer much on the defensive end. But, since the Grizz were winning a lot of games and he was putting up double doubles, it was less noticeable. You just have to hide players like that with high IQ players to make the inefficient guys look not so inefficient. Even in Atlanta, he had iso Joe.

If Sacramento is not an option, I would think Houston could be the perfect landing spot for him. Make him your 4th option behind Harden, Dwight and Ariza. I think he can definitely help them out long term. Right now, there are not many potential playoff teams I like him (possibly the Suns).

I hear you, but I don't see a resurgence happening with Smith. Those other guys you mentioned may have been accuses of being selfish on certain teams, but they didn't have major fundamental flaws in their games the way that Smith does. Plus, part of what made Smith good initially was his great athleticism, which isn't the same as it used to be. ZBo and Al Jeff never relied heavily on athleticism, so that hasn't really been a factor for them. I think Smith is what he is. But if proves me wrong, great.

I guess you could say Rudy may be a better comparison. Even though I do expect his athleticism to decline, I would think he can play out the duration his contract on the right team. Reality will soon hit him when he realizes that by the end of his contract, he could either get one more solid pay day or barely get anything near the MLE.

Last edited:
will Lebby every get another mvp? Or has his time come and gone? People still say he's the best, but it doesnt feel as dominating and it did when kobe was the best. Does that speak more to the level of talent the league has now, or just that he's WacArnolds

These ESPN Santa Commercials are hilarious. First he takes his talents to The South Pole, now dude said' "look we got a rematch on Xmas, and we in here talking about Presents, Presents?"

:smile:

Last edited:
will Lebby every get another mvp? Or has his time come and gone? People still say he's the best, but it doesnt feel as dominating and it did when kobe was the best. Does that speak more to the level of talent the league has now, or just that he's WacArnolds

He'll get it next season when the cavs start off hot just like in miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom