The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kobe hate won't ever stop.

I think he can make a run at the playoffs with this squad, this year.

When they make it, nothing will change, this squad that is a group of supposed  "bums" now, will be referred to as good. 

Kobe won't get the credit, these "bums" will.

Last edited:

When they make it, nothing will change, this squad that is a group of supposed  "bums" now, will be referred to as good. 

This is gonna be amusing to look back on when the team finishes 13th-15th in the West.

Maybe we should start a separate Kobe is God/The Devil thread, kind of like there was a Heat hater unification thread. I don't think we need the debate going on and on in the NBA season thread.

Yea I'm sure Kobe could have prevented Nash from bring brittle and breaking his leg two games into the season. Or keep Dwight from treating his labrum or Pau from having recurring knee issues. If he just would have been there with more morale instead of almost single handedly getting LA to the playoffs playing 42 minutes a game before dying in the court vs GSW after completely scrapping said coach's system after the all star break. What a terrible leader.
"He wants to win. But only as long as he's the reason we're winning, as long as the performance is not affecting his numbers. No one works harder than Kobe. And no one sabotages his own efforts more. He's scaring off the free agents we're trying to get. We're trying to surround you with talent and your ego is getting in the way."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kobe-bryant-lakers-free-agency-2014-10#ixzz3H1CU3XZS
Kind of proves the article correct.

A separate thread apart from the NBA thread to discuss basketball topics? That's silly.

A new topic will surface/resurface shortly, always does.

Not a good look for Mike.

Now if the best player hunkered down, lead, then said, come on guys, let's do the best we can, have fun with this and try and win, I am sure that all would have been better. 

But all we heard was Kobe versus Dwight, Kobe versus Jim Buss, Kobe versus D'Antoni's system, Kobe wants Phil, it was too much drama.
Completely agree
But that's pretty much exactly what happened, at all star break no one thought the team was going to make the playoffs, then Kobe and Dwight started working together, Kobe played out of his mind and lead the team to the best post all star record in the nba and everything was looking great going into the playoffs. Then Kobe goes down with like 6 games left in the season and everything falls apart again.

Dwight says if dantoni is still the coach he's leaving, lakers FO keep dantoni and Dwight leaves

Multiple players from last year are unhappy with dantonis coaching (Jordan hill saying he wouldn't be on the team this year if dantoni stayed) so the FO finds a new coach

But somehow this is all because Kobe didn't do enough as a team leader?

Maybe we should start a separate Kobe is God/The Devil thread, kind of like there was a Heat hater unification thread. I don't think we need the debate going on and on in the NBA season thread.
Did the Kobe is overrated thread get locked? I do agree that it would be a better place for all this. But to be fair it's still preseason

Did the Kobe is overrated thread get locked? I do agree that it would be a better place for all this. But to be fair it's still preseason

True and that ESPN article just came out recently, so I suppose this subject will die down eventually. But I still don't think a separate thread would be a bad thing...

This is gonna be amusing to look back on when the team finishes 13th-15th in the West.

This will be too when they finish higher than that, shouts to ESPN for setting the bar so low.

Wouldn't matter if they finished 12th you'll still be wrong.

I thought the reason Kobe was being discussed because he Headlined every site and Magazine article yesterday, it isn't exactly an old topic.

It happened yesterday.

Last edited:

I thought the reason Kobe was being discussed because he Headlined every site and Magazine article yesterday, it isn't exactly and old topic.

It happened yesterday.
Jeannie Buss spoke today, and was being asked questions about the article on Kobe, and why they cannot get any big named free agents, in which she replied, 
Hey, they can't be ALL losers.

I have a feeling the Michael Jordan social media takeover will circle back to this :lol:

Or he's just gonna have a boring PR guy posting for him.

Did  LeBetard's show not come on today?

I want to see what Rome has to say about Jeannie's comments on FirstTake.

He might call her the b word, or a garden tool on live tele. :smile:

Nevermind, he's off today, some garden tool is doing his show

Last edited:
I have a feeling the Michael Jordan social media takeover will circle back to this :lol:

Or he's just gonna have a boring PR guy posting for him.

You got it. Mike isn't tweeting ****. Mike prolly won't even be in the same state as the person that will be tweeting on his behalf.

This will be too when they finish higher than that, shouts to ESPN for setting the bar so low.

Wouldn't matter if they finished 12th you'll still be wrong.

The thing is, I won't be.

Thank you for making this so easy

It's so much better when a know it all is wrong, although like most know it alls it'll be someone else's fault when something you don't agree with happens.

You got it. Mike isn't tweeting ****. Mike prolly won't even be in the same state as the person that will be tweeting on his behalf.

And he'll probably either be on a golf course or at a strip club ... word to the Kwame Brown draft selection.

If I'm a fringe NBA player...I'd love to be on the Sixers. It's like a showcase team. You're auditioning for a real job in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom