The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 10 mins away from the city and I'll never claim or rep NY. That's a Joe Buddens type of move
mean.gif
Probably more of a LI thing

Is it a fact the Knicks will have a top 4 pick? Is the season over yet? Is there a big difference between 4 and 7 based on what we've seen from the current rookie class so far? The Knicks have Derek Fisher, not a huge upgrade over Scott. Melo will be 31 next year, 6 years removed from a Western conference finals appearance, and coming off surgery too. Melo has never made the Finals. How can you consider Early a role player, that's like me mentioning Robert Sacre right now :lol:. Who's to say Calderon will be there? The last two sentences you added have nothing to do with the offseason, that's all after the fact. Not trolling, just trying to see what difference of situations is.

If you're comparing Melo - a guy who had one of his best statistical seasons last year to Kobe coming off a torn achilles - this isn't a real discussion.

I don't really get what your point is. The Lakers were in a fine spot going into last offseason but Kobe had a lot of uncertainty surrounding him, their top 7 pick played one game and got injured, they hired the worst coach available (hired him really late into the off-season too, always a bad sign), struck out on all FAs and decided to rebuild another year. Everything went wrong. Yeah, the Knicks can suck next year. It can all go horribly wrong like the Lakers. But as of now, they have the worst record in the league and the team is only getting worse on paper (traded 2 guys for nothing, about to waive 1 starter, Melo is gonna sit out most likely). Top 4 pick is basically guaranteed. Melo can still carry an offense. (you got to be trolling with the WCF stuff) They have Calderon, a solid starter + THJr, a solid young guy under contract. Plus plenty of cap space. As long as Melo doesn't have a serious injury or turn heel and their draft pick plays more than 1 game - they'll be in better shape than the Lakers.

Thunder are now $2.268mil over the luxury tax according to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders.

They have to get under that tax before years end. If not, then they definitely screwed themselves going forward because they will be a repeater tax offender one year earlier and have even bigger consequences to trying to keep Russ/KD/Ibaka together.

Maybe they try to combine Reggie with Perkins to get a bigger name, but I find it tough that they'll get what they want for Reggie.

More likely Jeremy Lamb will get traded with Perkins.

Melo living good right now, all the pressure is on the knicks front office & he can just play whenever he wants for the rest of the season

no different then NoVa cats trying to claim DC. thats why i hate the term dmv. Maryland and DC back in the day wanted nothing to do with NoVa and DC wanted nothing to do with Maryland. false claiming.

no different then NoVa cats trying to claim DC. thats why i hate the term dmv. Maryland and DC back in the day wanted nothing to do with NoVa and DC wanted nothing to do with Maryland. false claiming.

All of this. DMV is a young persons term. I still get irritated when people say KD is from DC. Although we grew up 10 mins away in PG County.

Is it a fact the Knicks will have a top 4 pick? Is the season over yet? Is there a big difference between 4 and 7 based on what we've seen from the current rookie class so far? The Knicks have Derek Fisher, not a huge upgrade over Scott. Melo will be 31 next year, 6 years removed from a Western conference finals appearance, and coming off surgery too. Melo has never made the Finals. How can you consider Early a role player, that's like me mentioning Robert Sacre right now :lol:. Who's to say Calderon will be there? The last two sentences you added have nothing to do with the offseason, that's all after the fact. Not trolling, just trying to see what difference of situations is.

If you're comparing Melo - a guy who had one of his best statistical seasons last year to Kobe coming off a torn achilles - this isn't a real discussion.

I don't really get what your point is. The Lakers were in a fine spot going into last offseason but Kobe had a lot of uncertainty surrounding him, their top 7 pick played one game and got injured, they hired the worst coach available (hired him really late into the off-season too, always a bad sign), struck out on all FAs and decided to rebuild another year. Everything went wrong. Yeah, the Knicks can suck next year. It can all go horribly wrong like the Lakers. But as of now, they have the worst record in the league and the team is only getting worse on paper (traded 2 guys for nothing, about to waive 1 starter, Melo is gonna sit out most likely). Top 4 pick is basically guaranteed. Melo can still carry an offense. (you got to be trolling with the WCF stuff) They have Calderon, a solid starter + THJr, a solid young guy under contract. Plus plenty of cap space. As long as Melo doesn't have a serious injury or turn heel and their draft pick plays more than 1 game - they'll be in better shape than the Lakers.

You're talking about a bunch of stuff that happened after the fact which is why you don't get what my point is. I'm comparing both situations leading into the offseason while you're over here talking about Randle & his injury :smh:

Last edited:
JR on the Knicks will be forever appreciated especially his 6th man season, dude was theatre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom