The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake would have to go ham whenever CP3 is out. They both steal votes from each other so it's hard for me to predict Blake.

I think Rose might steal this one. LBJ has won it a couple times and his stats should go down. Blake/cp3 split votes. KD is gonna be out for awhile - might give Rustle a boost.

In terms of elite teams, it puts Rose in a perfect spot to steal it even without MVP-caliber stats.

Below is my first response on the comparison that I disagree with and I did exactly that, notice how I mention David Lee numerous times and mention the things I think they do differently. Never mentioned LO but yes I specifically mentioned Lee several times because that's the comparison I think is way off.

So yes I did write exactly what I disagree with, so I'm not sure what else I had to write its clear as day what I disagree with.
And still I'm not saying he's better than Lee , that'd be crazy to say already....I just think they play differently that's all.
Can you read? My first post SAYS i see more David Lee's game in Randle than Lamar Odom. You said you disagree with my statement, which was there are more D.Lee's game in randle than Lamar Odom. Did I say David Lee = Randle? No, not once. You think it is way off because Randle can bring the ball up a couple of times after a rebound? How many times do you think he will be able to do that in a course of a game? How big of a part do you think it will be in his game? If you think it's over 5-10%, then I don't know what to say. My entire agreement was that there are more David Lee in Randle game than Lamar Odom. And you come here saying you disagree with that statement then you ask if I can comprehend. :x

Blake Getting an MVP nod is not out of the realm of possibility at all. He looks poised to be even better than he was last year. However. the Clips would have to win 60 games / be first or second in the west which can definitely happen as well. Their

I think if Golden State is going to be considered a dark horse to win the title, it will have to be next season.

- 1st year head coach
- Injury concerns (Livingston, Bogut, Curry, Lee, Ezeli, Rush) over half of their rotation struggle with being healthy
- Can Barnes take a leap forward as a starter?
- Turnover prone....this has always been an issue with Golden State and I think this is a big reason why they struggle to beat Memphis a lot of times. They turn the ball over far too much and make careless mistakes. Looking at their preseason numbers, they still seem to have a very high turnover rate. Against great defensive teams, that will make them a lot more easy to beat. I know their fast pace can result in a lot of turnovers, but I think they can lower that number a little more

Those are the main concerns. I think they will have a great year, but they will be in a lot of trouble if they match up against a great defensive team in the playoffs unless those teams fall into playing at a fast pace like they do (Houston, LAC). I think a healthy OKC team would be a little too much for them as well.

My darkhorse contender will be Dallas. Their only concern at this point is their PG play. But, I do think they have enough depth at that position to sustain an average to above average level of play at that position. If Chandler gets back to his 2011 defensive ways, they will be a tough out. One of the best coaches in the league, Dirk still in elite form, adding Parsons only makes them a tougher out.

I can't call the Grizz a contender until I see how the team comes out to start the season and how Joerger uses the rotation. :rolleyes

Last edited:
I think Barnes is best as a off the bench shot jacker. Iggy's defense and playmaking is just too valuable to leave on the bench, I would wanna mix up having Curry on/off ball as much as possible and I think that's harder with Barnes out on the floor.

interested to see if kawhi will be getting the max with the spurs
no doubt he is getting from somewhere

Last edited:
Yea.. Spurs are going have to give him that 5 year deal..

I mean they should since Kawhi really is the only young guy there.. And everyone else Important is already signed.. Right anti?

Yea.. Spurs are going have to give him that 5 year deal..

I mean they should since Kawhi really is the only young guy there.. And everyone else Important is already signed.. Right anti?

gino and timmy are pretty much done. guys taking paycut to stay, so money isnt the issue. just not "spurs-like" to hand out money like that. but who knows, pop absolutely loves the kid

I'm praying Memphis offers everything they can to Kawhi. I'm hoping their plan is to offer a big deal to either Kawhi, Jimmy or Thompson. Whichever one gets low balled by their respective teams :lol: . At the end of the day, a team offering him the max will only cause the Spurs to overpay him as well. You can look at it as a lose/bigger lost situation for them if he hits RFA status.

You either match a max offer and deal with overpaying your first core player in a while or let him go for nothing.

Last edited:
I mean better to pay it now and get him locked in.. Because what we presently know as the max will probably go up after things get renegotiated pretty soon..

So at least he'll be locked in at that price

There's really no incentive for the Spurs to hand out the five year max (same with Warriors-Klay). Unless they think Kawhi is going to sulk or not play all out.

I think Barnes is best as a off the bench shot jacker. Iggy's defense and playmaking is just too valuable to leave on the bench, I would wanna mix up having Curry on/off ball as much as possible and I think that's harder with Barnes out on the floor.

We'll see. I think in one of the televised GSW preseason games they said Kerr's plan right now is to have Iggy be the sixth man. They like his playmaking capabilities with the second unit, but that with Livingston unavailable. Still, I could see them sticking with that throughout the season. Barnes might get a confidence boost from being a starter, whereas Iggy's far enough along in his career that he shouldn't care that much. Plus, he'll probably be the one finishing most of the close games anyway.

Yikes @ the Thunder. On the bright side, maybe its better for the injury bug to bit early than late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom