The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. "Turning on him" would be stupid. Kid will likely have legitimate claim at the #1 spot at some point if his development continues.

At some point. Right now though...no. That's how fickle fans are. If he's getting billed as the 3rd best player in the L...there are diff expectations. If they are not seemingly met...it's the classic case of underrated to overrated.

Players development can seemingly stagnate while they are adding new things to their game. For example... People thought all blake could do was dunk, while he was steadily improving facets of his game. The media is setting up Gaudy standards for AD to live up to now...which he just isn't at yet. In 2 years...sure I can see him as a top 3 player. But with KD, Bron, Blake, Russ, Cp3 etc etc still playing with a lot of life left.

nah. especially being a 4/5. nah. todays game is manufactured to showcase the 2/3 position. Dude is good and will get better, but #1? nope. Last big guy that was a #1 was shaq. There will not come a time where AD is the #1 guy.
I mean, he's not a back to the basket guy, so I don't completely buy that. He can flourish in PnR and faceups. Disagree that the position matters as much you think it does. Dwight was in the convos pre-injury when he was having flat out dominant years.

KG, Duncan, and Dirk were all in the best player discussion at various points in the past decade. Seems very silly to say AD can never be the best player in the league.

Boston Celtics ‏@celtics · 46m46 minutes ago
The Celtics have waived Will Bynum, Tim Frazier, Rodney McGruder, Erik Murphy, Christian Watford and Jarell Eddie: http://on.nba.com/1wE5sL9

Never heard of any these dudes besides Bynum. I would expect that Bynum will get picked up by somebody.

AD is good, but he's no Julius Randle. That's for sure.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Sixers have the funniest roster of all time.

Not funnier than the Cavs roster after Lebron left

you set yourself up for that one

don't matter, lebby back anyway

it'll be like deja vu 2 yrs from now

not srs, might be :nerd:

u still my homie tho

Nerlens and J Rich are the only people in that picture I would recognize if they walked by me. And if Nerlens were to shave his head, I might not recognize him. (I'm not counting Bo Outlaw because I refuse to believe he's really on the team).
laugh.gif
 bo outlaw

How can you have Rankings based on NEXT seasons expectations, when this year hasn't even started?

I mean if KD is #8, they must know something about his injury that hasn't gone public.

so lets have a nice NBA season with no injuries hopefully , 

i d like to ask your opinion i wanna place a bet about each division winner , my picks are

-brooklyn because : firstly cause of their coach , he transformed grizzlies from a lottery team to a playoff team and what a team . furthermore they lost pierce/livingston and in exhange they got a pure scorer bogdanovic and jarrett jack who is an improvement over livingston imo . brook is back and deron is finally cured ? ( lets hope so ) , they had the best record in the NBA in the 2nd half last year after they finally found chemistry as a team since like all of em were new players . 

-chicago because : the core is the same , rose will propably find his old self around christmas , pau is an improvement over boozer , mirotic will stretch the floor and open lanes for rose to drive in and brooks+rose will rest hinrich a little and move him to his real SG position something that means his FG % will improve since he wont have to play 48 mins . cavs will do good no hate at em but i cant pick a team with a rookie coach to have a better record than a team who made the 4th place in the east without its star and after the improvement it ve done this year

-oklahoma because : because portland has no bench 

-clippers because : its now or never for em , plus they got a better bench this year

-spurs because : they are spurs ,same team as last year , they chase they repeat that they are missing. mavs did some good moves but overall they are the same team as last year in my eyes with different names , a pain in the *** if you meet em in the playoffs but not a high seed regular season team

-miami heat : yeah they lost lebron but they got mcroberts/granger/deng/napier . ofc none of em is equal to lebron but they kept the same core and they significantly improved their bench . Lets not forget what bosh did as the number 1 gun in toronto raptors and wade has life in him . mcroberts is a good team player will bring energy,hustle,defence,stretch the floor with his 3pt shot and he is a very solid addition that no one speaks for. i dont know about granger ( i dont believe too much in him ) and deng will do fine . napier will do good as well imo the guy has balls . i pick em over wizards because they lost ariza , except wall/beal step up so much their game and otto porter lives up the expectations of the number of his draft pick .

Damn Kobe's attitude is looking bad to me.

When asked If he thought the Lakers would make the playoffs this year he responds...

"I'd say yes but you guys are going to debate it anyway so what the hell does it matter"

He's like a grumpy old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom