The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why people still love bashing Howard. LOL  Dude is what he is, but he gets more love than Lamar Odom. lol

He won't be the man, but he's definitely a top talented Center in this league.

Dwight wouldn't be hated so much if he just never opened his mouth :lol: if he didn't insinuate that he should be the man in charge on a team, nobody would shade him.

Elfrid Payton ROY

:rofl: :rofl:

I could see a mid season tourney working. Whats the point of those early year college tourneys? Its a way to make money. I can see the NBA doing some sort of round robin tourney in London or some ****. Wear special units...concerts..etc.

I think the college tournaments are a little bit different because they give a chance to play teams out of your conference and strengthen your schedule. However, I do agree that the NBA could make a boatload in the manner that you described with the London scenario. What I don't understand is, what do the players/teams have to gain? Winning conference gets Homecourt in the Finals similar to baseball?

Dwight wouldn't be hated so much if he just never opened his mouth :lol: if he didn't insinuate that he should be the man in charge on a team, nobody would shade him.

He led a team to the finals being the man, so I don't really think he was out of line there

I understand disliking a player....but the way we let hate carry over to how we view a actual players production and talent is mind boggling.

There is no way in hell Dwight is soft. So what he's not Shaq. So what he's corny and a clown. Guy is still a Futue Hall of Famer and the best Center in the league. Dwight is still productive and valuable on both ends.

I understand disliking a player....but the way we let hate carry over to how we view a actual players production and talent is mind boggling.

There is no way in hell Dwight is soft. So what he's not Shaq. So what he's corny and a clown. Guy is still a Futue Hall of Famer and the best Center in the league. Dwight is still productive and valuable on both ends.

you think dwight will be in the HoF? Why? 4-DPOY? Just curious. I mean they do put every damn body in the HoF now, but just wondering why you think he will be.

Last edited:
Still sad about Randle. :smh:

Dude looked good in his first game too, reminded me of Blake Griffin.

Dwight being the best center in the league means nothing in 2014 due to the fact there are only a handful of good centers in the league.

And that's Da Whites fault how? That'd be like saying PGs today are extremely overrated because they disallowed hand checking.

Last edited:
Bleacher Report ‏@BleacherReport 7m7 minutes ago
VIDEO: NBA Commissioner Adam Silver talks about a possible midseason tourney (via @HowardBeck) http://ble.ac/1u7GEuJ

What the hell would be the point of a mid-season tournament in the NBA?
Money. Special tourney special jerseys (Sleeves!), high ticket prices, etc etc. More basketball sounds like a good thing 99% of the time so I wont even be mad.

Bleacher Report ‏@BleacherReport 7m7 minutes ago

VIDEO: NBA Commissioner Adam Silver talks about a possible midseason tourney (via @HowardBeck) http://ble.ac/1u7GEuJ

What the hell would be the point of a mid-season tournament in the NBA?
Money. Special tourney special jerseys (Sleeves!), high ticket prices, etc etc. More basketball sounds like a good thing 99% of the time so I wont even be mad.

What do you mean more basketball? Guys are pushing for shorter game and seasons..you think Silver's response to that will be adding more games? lmao it sounds like nonsense

I love kobe Bryant but if he's so tough, what happened here in 2009...
View media item 1238016
2009 was a great year :pimp:

mamba.jpg

I love kobe Bryant but if he's so tough, what happened here in 2009...

I'll tell you what happened, Ron went to the Lakers locker room afterwards and begged to be on the squad, two rings later ....

Just kidding, no one, and I mean NO ONE would try that dude, and that was before the whole Metta World Peace thing, back when he was just regular Ron "go up in the stands and clean house" Artest.

Tim Grover going in on Dwight:
"Once a guy is labelled soft, it stays with him forever. Not about physical size/strength, it's how others perceive mental toughness."

Tim Grover going in on Dwight:
"Once a guy is labelled soft, it stays with him forever. Not about physical size/strength, it's how others perceive mental toughness."

ehh i dont think that's true though. it doesnt stay with you forever. it only stays if you keep acting soft. if you do things that convey toughness, guys may not call you a badass, but they won't call you mr. softee anymore.

ehh i dont think that's true though. it doesnt stay with you forever. it only stays if you keep acting soft. if you do things that convey toughness, guys may not call you a badass, but they won't call you mr. softee anymore.

did you question if Dwight was a HoF or not?

Yeah. What's the point of anything they do in pro sports? Money. No doubt it could bring in a ton of revenue, but doesn't seem worth the added injury risk, fatigue on players, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom