The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight isn't as good as one of the greatest big men of all-time, therefore he sucks.

He has a personality and attitude that I dislike, therefore he's corny and everyone hates him.

He jokes around and wants to be the man, therefore he's soft and can't lead a team.

Dwight has his faults, he's never been the dominant offensive player we wanted him to be, he handled his Orlando exit poorly, and his attitude and humor started to wear thin. But let's not pretend he wasn't a very popular, DOMINANT basketball player when he was in his prime and healthy, and he's still shown he can be that guy because he was excellent in the playoffs last year.

He wasn't as powerful as Shaq in the post or had Hakeem's footwork? Big deal... He still managed to put up points with pick and rolls, his limited post moves, and his athleticism. And he was the best big man defender in the league. He carried a bunch of defensive bums to the Finals. Yeah, it was a well constructed team, but they were abysmal defensively, and they were successful because of Dwight. You don't have to like his personality or antics, and as a Dwight fan, I grew tired of his indecision and attitude his last year or so in Orlando... but denying what he did on the court is where it gets tiresome. He could move into Hakeems house and workout with him everyday, he might never have improved footwork... some people just have that kind of natural ability and Dwight isn't one of them. Maybe he could have worked harder, but so could every player in the league... I never hold that against him or say "If he wasn't laughing so much and took things seriously" :lol: give me a break.

Like with Lebron, you don't have to like a player or think he's funny, cool, whatever... but this revisionist history where he was always hated and overrated or a bum is where we need to draw the line. People want kudos for "hating on him forever" or always finding him corny :lol: There weren't a lot of people you'd pick to build a team over a healthy Dwight... don't let your personal feelings overshadow his talent and resume. Pair him with a dominant offensive player in Orlando and it could be a different story.

We can compare him to past great bigs, but just accept him for who he is.. he's not going to suddenly morph into somebody else.

Last edited:

^No, you dislike him because he left the Lakers.........
There's never been a player you don't like or are not a fan of who happens to play on a team you like, so you tolerate them while they play for your team?
I can 100% vouch for @Nelson999  's pure intolerance, vitriol, and hate towards some past Kings players 
laugh.gif
John Salmons, Isaiah Thomas, Jimmer.  And no i did not tolerate them Cedric

Oh and there is still one on the team, Jason Thompson

Last edited:
Pacers starters for tonight Sloan, Miles, Hibbert, Scola and Copeland. Wow.

The funny thing is....that starting lineup will be better than what the Sixers put out without MCW in the lineup :lol:

Wroten McDaniels Thompson Noel Sims

Last edited:
When the hell was dwight loved?
laugh.gif

Homie was always hated starting from his fake christian persona

I remember when dwade was loved tho. His good guy poster boy act wore off quickly
When that whole Superman ish was going around, the dunk contest when he threw that **** in. I thought I remember him being loved.

Last edited:
you think dwight will be in the HoF? Why? 4-DPOY? Just curious. I mean they do put every damn body in the HoF now, but just wondering why you think he will be.

He'll likely finish with averages of 18 & 12 & 2blks. 4 DPOY. Approaching 10X All Star. Multiple 1st, and 2nd team All NBA. Multiple all defensive teams. Finished high in MVP voting. Will finish his career near the top in rebounds blocks even scoring.

If that's not clear Hall of game credentials to you...idk what is.

He'll likely finish with averages of 18 & 12 & 2blks. 4 DPOY. Approaching 10X All Star. Multiple 1st, and 2nd team All NBA. Multiple all defensive teams. Finished high in MVP voting. Will finish his career near the top in rebounds blocks even scoring.

If that's not clear Hall of game credentials to you...idk what is.
Dwight isn't a HOF player yet.

Dwight isn't as good as one of the greatest big men of all-time, therefore he sucks.

He has a personality and attitude that I dislike, therefore he's corny and everyone hates him.

He jokes around and wants to be the man, therefore he's soft and can't lead a team.

Dwight has his faults, he's never been the dominant offensive player we wanted him to be, he handled his Orlando exit poorly, and his attitude and humor started to wear thin. But let's not pretend he wasn't a very popular, DOMINANT basketball player when he was in his prime and healthy, and he's still shown he can be that guy because he was excellent in the playoffs last year.

He wasn't as powerful as Shaq in the post or had Hakeem's footwork? Big deal... He still managed to put up points with pick and rolls, his limited post moves, and his athleticism. And he was the best big man defender in the league. He carried a bunch of defensive bums to the Finals. Yeah, it was a well constructed team, but they were abysmal defensively, and they were successful because of Dwight. You don't have to like his personality or antics, and as a Dwight fan, I grew tired of his indecision and attitude his last year or so in Orlando... but denying what he did on the court is where it gets tiresome. He could move into Hakeems house and workout with him everyday, he might never have improved footwork... some people just have that kind of natural ability and Dwight isn't one of them. Maybe he could have worked harder, but so could every player in the league... I never hold that against him or say "If he wasn't laughing so much and took things seriously" :lol: give me a break.

Like with Lebron, you don't have to like a player or think he's funny, cool, whatever... but this revisionist history where he was always hated and overrated or a bum is where we need to draw the line. People want kudos for "hating on him forever" or always finding him corny :lol: There weren't a lot of people you'd pick to build a team over a healthy Dwight... don't let your personal feelings overshadow his talent and resume. Pair him with a dominant offensive player in Orlando and it could be a different story.

We can compare him to past great bigs, but just accept him for who he is.. he's not going to suddenly morph into somebody else.

All I've been saying. Reps

Ain't that part of the reason why he left, cuz Kobe was too hard on him. Plus Kobe showed up in sweats to the meeting when Dwight was a free agent and basically told him "we don't need you".

oh...they don't need him? i guess they just never had lofty ambitions in the first place for kobe's last two seasons of his career.

Still sad about Randle. :smh:

Dude looked good in his first game too, reminded me of Blake Griffin.

uhhhh...he went 1/3 from the field, 0/2 from the line, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 1 foul, and 1 turnover in 14 min. finished with a +/- of -18.

hes a troll just like urbetterthan me

stop responding to some of these dudes. please

Maybe, but if you really want to take yourself out of the troll category, you probably should stop claiming that you can knock out 6'10" dudes. None of us are buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom