The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight will be in the HOF, it doesn't take much to get into the NBA HOF, this isn't the MLB or NFL. And no I'm not knocking his accomplishments, if his career ended today he would still be a hall of famer IMO.

Dwight will be in the HOF, it doesn't take much to get into the NBA HOF, this isn't the MLB or NFL. And no I'm not knocking his accomplishments, if his career ended today he would still be a hall of famer IMO.
If 18 and 12 is the minimum, then whatever. Maybe it's just me thinking that he should be pushing close to 30 and 12 being how big he is and how dominant he's supposed to be.

Last edited:
For perspective, Hakeem made the all NBA first team 6 times. Dwight already is at 5.

Not disagreeing that Dwight probably makes the HOF, but his making the 1st team 5 times isn't nearly as impressive as what Hakeem did. Hakeem played in an era when there were several other great centers. You had Ewing, Mutombo, Mourning, Smits and later Shaq. Dwight has almost no competition at the C spot.

For perspective, Hakeem made the all NBA first team 6 times. Dwight already is at 5.

Not disagreeing that Dwight probably makes the HOF, but his making the 1st team 5 times isn't nearly as impressive as what Hakeem did. Hakeem played in an era when there were several other great centers. You had Ewing, Mutombo, Mourning, Smits and later Shaq. Dwight has almost no competition at the C spot.

exactly. Not to say me makes the all nba team by default...but he pretty much makes the all nba team by default.

I think the Lakers should just shelf Randle for the year. It sucks but let the young fella heal up completely and let him come back next season. I read it may be 4-6 months, when I hear that I usualy take the upper, which is 6 months. That puts him at April, there would be no point in coming back then. Sit him, have a bad record and maybe have another lottery pick next season.

Damn
laugh.gif
The disrespect
mean.gif

If 18 and 12 is the minimum, then whatever. Maybe it's just me thinking that he should be pushing close to 30 and 12 being how big he is and how dominant he's supposed to be.

30 AND 12?!

Quick, show me 3 other bigs in NBA history that put up 30 and 12. Pleaseee :D

That's fair, but you can't take away what he's been able to do because there's no other centers for him to compete against. He's got to play against who's there and at the end of the day his accomplishments reflect that.

I said close to it. At least 25. With all the free throws he shoots, he should be able to get that.

You said close to it...then proceed to say at least 25. Do you know how big of a difference there is between 30 ppg and 25 ppg? What are you talking about man.

You already lost when you said he wasn't a HoF'er yet. Just sit this one out and take your L.

Okay, Dwight's persona is cornballish, and skitzy, I agree with that. I don't like the cheesing, grinning act that he has, no doubt. I think that being a take no prisoners, hard core, Eric B and Rakim nobody smilin' steez would suit him much better, than all that grinning and tommin', no doubt.

That said, there is no bigger cornball in the NBA than Kobe Bryant. His on court and off court history proves this. While his on court demeanor suggests that he'd do anything to win, not for one minute do I think that if Dwight flexed on his ***, that Kobe would not back away. Would Kobe take an *** whuppin'? Perhaps, he may stand there in order to prove how tough he is, but he looks like that guy that after he catches a bad one, that he'll try and pick something up to hit Dwight with.

Watching Kobe flail away at Chris Childs tells me he can't thump a lick, also his scuffle with Reggie Miller suggests that same. I don't know if Dwight knows how to knock a dude senseless, but from those bows thrown at Kobe's chin, then laughing after doing it, Kobe would be in trouble. 

You said close to it...then proceed to say at least 25. Do you know how big of a difference there is between 30 ppg and 25 ppg? What are you talking about man.

You already lost when you said he wasn't a HoF'er yet. Just sit this one out and take your L.
I ain't taking it. 18 and 12 just isn't deserving enough for me. Not from him.

Last edited:

And that's exactly my point. Because he's not putting up those numbers, that automatically throws away anything that he does and as a result, he isn't a HoF player. That's some horrible logic man. Karl Malone?! Wilt Chamberlain?! These are all time greats man. This isn't about comparing dwight to other great bigs, that's just another form of romanticizing all of this. Just take him for what he is. And what he is, is 9 time all star and a 4 time dpoy and has made the first team of All NBA 5 times. That is w/o a doubt HoF worthy right now. Period. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom