The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most successful/best athlete/rapper = Shaq?

Who rounds out the top 3?

Last edited:
dudes should just quit playing ball and become fashion models... I'll keep my opinion that I like to see NBA players play ball. Not play dress up...you want to see dudes model more power to you..nothing to do with homophobic. I have nothing against gay people.

Last edited:
Charlotte just traded for Mo Williams and Troy Williams. Minnesota receives Gary Neal and a Heat second round pick.

Good trade for Charlotte. I think Mo will help them. Kind of whatever for Minny, but consistent with the rebuilding track they're on. I wonder if they'll just cut or buy out Neal?

Most successful/best athlete/rapper = Shaq?

Who rounds out the top 3?
lil b has like a billion (trash) songs and KD is too scared to play him 1v1

so he's in the conversation 

im sure cesar has a few mixtapes in the works

True story...Kobe actually doubled as an underground philly freestlyle rapper during his high school days and when he'd come home early in his career.

There's a grantland article on it somewhere. Said he used to hate that jiggy commercial s*** and was straight bars. Everyone was saying he was nice. Like Black Thought or someone consigned him lol.

Billion dollar fashion industry largely untapped by athletes and you hate it because of your homophobia and closed mindedness. Please, tell me more.

Shoes is one thing. But these guys are taste-makers across the board. I'd love to see more NBA Guys get a seat at the table.

I don't have a problem with them doing it. I'm all for these guys making themselves into a brand and taking advantage of their fame while they have it. I'm just not interested in watching it, just like I'm not interested in watching any other kind of fashion show. I don't think it makes them soft or lame or anything like that.

MJ was doing modeling shoots back in the day. I think Magic did too. Clyde Frazier tried to be a fashion icon. This isn't anything new. The difference is that there's enough media outlets now that someone would be interested in filming and showing an athlete fashion show.

I'm all for NBA guys getting that bread, but I really only care about basketball related stuff.

Seeing harden euro step >>> dressing like a euro.
Steph curry bombing 3s >>>> steph in a 3 piece suit
Knew Wade breaking ankles >>>>>> Wade showing off his ankles.

Last edited:
would guys ilke lebron even be allowed to have a fashion line when they have a huge nike contract already?

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/02/10/all-star-fashion-show.ap/

NEW YORK (AP) - All-Stars James Harden, Klay Thompson and DeMarcus Cousins are among the players to compete in the NBA's first fashion show.

Produced by LeBron James' Springhill Production Company, the one-hour "NBA All-Star All-Style" will be taped Friday night inside New York's Hammerstein Theater and air Saturday at 6:30 p.m. EST on TNT.

It will have three rounds: dressing for the boardroom, a night out and attire worn to the game. The competition will start with eight players, with four advancing to the second round and the top two competing in the finals.

Presented by Samsung Galaxy, the show will feature models and entertainers joining the players. TNT studio analysts Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith and WNBA star Elena Delle Donne are on the judging panel.

Charles Barkley judging Westbrook has no shot
:rofl: will watch

True story...Kobe actually doubled as an underground philly freestlyle rapper during his high school days and when he'd come home early in his career.

There's a grantland article on it somewhere. Said he used to hate that jiggy commercial s*** and was straight bars. Everyone was saying he was nice. Like Black Thought or someone consigned him lol.

I've heard that same thing before, and I guess I'll have to take people's word for it, but I personally find it a little hard to believe. Of what I heard from him, I thought his voice and delivery was as much a problem as the lyrics. But I guess if his heart wasn't really into what he recorded, it would explain that.

Hayward's last 10 games: 24, 6, 5 and 2 on 50/48/78.

The Jazz are 13-14 (.481) in their last 27, after going 6-19 (.240) in their first 25. With no quality guardplay whatsoever.
I forgot how difficult their early-season schedule was, too.

Among those first 25 games... Rockets, Mavs (twice), Suns, Clippers (twice), Cavs, Hawks, Raptors (twice), Thunder (twice), Warriors, Bulls, Spurs, Wizards.

Also, only 11 players have more 30+ point games than Hayward this season (Aldridge, Anthony, Curry, Davis, Durant, Ellis, Griffin, Harden, Irving, James and Westbrook).

Would you take Gordon or Klay?

if they want to be taken seriously in the fashion world they cant have guys like barkley judging 

Fair point. A guy who wears dirty white Air Force 1s with a suit should not be involved with a fashion show in any way.

I've heard that same thing before, and I guess I'll have to take people's word for it, but I personally find it a little hard to believe. Of what I heard from him, I thought his voice and delivery was as much a problem as the lyrics. But I guess if his heart wasn't really into what he recorded, it would explain that.

first verse of this is the only good verse of kobe's rap career 

Charlotte just traded for Mo Williams and Troy Williams. Minnesota receives Gary Neal and a Heat second round pick.
With Mo & Kemba they now have 2 dudes who can catch fire from 3 and steal 1 game from Atlanta to prevent the sweep.

:rofl: @ Kobe getting a cosign from the gawd. Every time I hear that story I get a laugh.

He shoulda stuck with it.

I heard alot of people saying Kobe was nice as well. I heard him . He was better then Shaq. Shaq had a few successful singles.. I like playing on the west side used to be my song in the 90s..

if they want to be taken seriously in the fashion world they cant have guys like barkley judging 

Fair point, anyone who wears dirty white Air Force 1s with a suit should not be in any way involved with a fashion show.

this is and will forever be the greatest rap song by an nba player though 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom