The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
best part of all this is that the rockets are not a championship team so chuck will end up getting the last word 
laugh.gif

Just cringed at Charles ranting about analytics. He does realize that every team in the league uses it, right? Yup, teams keep hiring these "nerds" because they have no NBA talent. The greatest player to ever play drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Eh Barkley's ok. He's just stubborn and will never admit he's wrong. Stuck in his ways that old fart.

That would have been the perfect opportunity to say, "you know, Analytics do have a place in the NBA, will they ever be more important that the eye test, not to me but, they do work"

Or something like that. Have a little humility, don't just be closed like that G. Come on man

Barkley has assumed that role though. I wanna see Bill Walton or guys shake up the panel. The crew seems fatigued and Shaq makes no sense either. TNT should switch it up.

What Harden is doing right now is like what LeBron did in Cleaveland before carrying a terrible supporting cast to the 4th best record in the league he has been phenomenal to watch this year MVP.

I'm mad as hell. Lowkey, I think the nba/adidas is racist as hell in regards to the BHM tees. They've been sold out for over a week everywhere now. Straight BS. All the sites been sold out since the 5th. The 5th bruh. One run is bs. They don't want us to be great bruh. Let me be great adidas

I'm so over charles barkley and his nonsense. dude is washed.

yeah. when he was interviewed by Kenny Smith concerning Lebron and MJ he described Lebron as doing everything well in terms of basketball.
then Kenny Smith asked him what did Michael do well? Barkley then replied that Michael did everything well, but Lebron is just bigger, stronger and faster.

That is not the correct way to describe the difference between Lebron and MJ in my opinion as Lebron is the better allrounder while MJ the deadliest
executor to take over a game if needed and also played better defense but had less good eye for teammates.
Both are great but they are clearly not the same type of player. Lebron actually has a lot from Magic Johnson. Both played mature basketball even in their
rookie years, being unselfish, funny to teammates and great court vision on the offensive end.

Analytics isn't some hard, foreign concept for nerds. Literally it's just a bunch of numbers that help aid you in assessing what it is that you're watching. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that it goes hand in hand with the eye test and in some cases it shows you things that you wouldn't see w/o it.

there are also things that analytics can mislead you/just won't tell you

Maybe analytics will actually help the Rockets get to the second round this year.

:lol:

there are also things that analytics can mislead you/just won't tell you

Personally, I think getting bogged down in advanced stats is the modern version of over-coaching. I'm not saying advanced stats are a bad thing, but advanced stats also won't tell you who is a good locker room guy (for example). I think that's where the anti-stats folks come from: there are important things that you can't measure. Even people who have come to accept advanced stats (Bill Simmons is a prime example) still stand by the notion that you need certain elements on a team that can't be measured by some wacky formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom