The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat out chuck just isn't that bright. Talented player, but he just isn't someone who should be speaking on anything, basketball related or otherwise.

I know he's on TNT for entertainment purposes but his act is running thin and he's just getting dumber. I'm waiting for him to make an ignorant non basketball related comment on air so they can have an official reason to get rid of him.

there should start to be a (widening) gap between James Harden and anyone else for the MVP. God damn.

What Chuck said made sense to me. Give me the top 5 players and there isn't any data a person could possibly use to beat me.

Greenberg this morning said "no one knew what MJs PER was in the 90s" you didn't need those numbers to see who the best players were and what teams were contenders. All these numbers are legit but putting a team together by them in basketball is strait dumb IMO. Either you have LeBron or you don't. Rockets ain't winning a thing out West.

What Chuck said made sense to me. Give me the top 5 players and there isn't any data a person could possibly use to beat me.

Greenberg this morning said "no one knew what MJs PER was in the 90s" you didn't need those numbers to see who the best players were and what teams were contenders. All these numbers are legit but putting a team together by them in basketball is strait dumb IMO. Either you have LeBron or you don't. Rockets ain't winning a thing out West.
It's the basketball version of Moneyball.

I love this "talent win championships", classic 20/20 hindsight argument.

as if the heat, spurs, weren't bounces a way from winning or losing but we just retroactively make it seem like they were destined to win.

When it gets tight the stuff on the margins matters.

How does analytics factor in chemistry? It's a robotic form of putting a team together. NBA teams who win are the same ones who won before analytics became popular. The ones with the best players win 99% of the time.

How does analytics factor in chemistry? It's a robotic form of putting a team together. NBA teams who win are the same ones who won before analytics became popular. The ones with the best players win 99% of the time.
That's the one thing it can't equate. Chemistry. Which is pretty damn important id say.

Last edited:
That's the one thing it can't equate. Chemistry. Which is pretty damn important id say.

Exactly. Doesn't matter what any of these numbers say. If player A doesn't mesh with player B then what good is it? Just go get the best damn players.

Who are the NBA teams that don't use it? Knicks, Lakers, Wolves? I bet they use analytics also.

Last edited:
Exactly. Doesn't matter what any of these numbers say. If player A doesn't mesh with player B then what good is it? Just go get the best damn players.
And here lies the new theory in the NBA is that u don't need 1, 2, or even 3 superstars. U can win it all with a team full of very good role players. If the Hawks win it all or make a deep run in the playoffs, NBA Gms are gonna have to rethink this superstar thing.

Last edited:
And here lies the new theory in the NBA is that u don't need 1, 2, or even 3 superstars. U can win it all with a team full of very good role players. If the Hawks win it all or make a deep run in the playoffs, NBA Gms are gonna have to rethink this superstar thing.

I can't give the Hawks analytics credit for winning. They went after CP3 and D Howard. Some of their players were bought in because they missed out on those guys. It just happen to be working out. ATL like everyone else knows you need stars to win. Just getting to the playoffs is one thing.

I can't give the Hawks analytics credit for winning. They went after CP3 and D Howard. Some of their players were bought in because they missed out on those guys. It just happen to be working out. ATL like everyone else knows you need stars to win. Just getting to the playoffs is one thing.
yea and the Hawks have 4 all stars.

By the way, giving the Hawks starters co-players of the month is by far the corniest thing the NBA has ever done. If they keep up the pace do they all share co-mvps?

The Hawks have 4 all stars in the East, not necessarily players you consider superstars like a CP3 or Dwight. How many of those guys would've made it in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom