The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Silver said a 1-16 seeded bracket for the playoffs will start next year, should we hold a different weight to winning championships? I think this will make comparing players from different generations even more foggy than it already is. I would have to assume that recent history would look very different if it was always like this. I think it will be much harder to create a dynasty and rack up multiple rings throughout a career. Thoughts?

I do think it'll be a much more entertaining approach to playoff basketball.

Last edited:
Now that Silver said a 1-16 seeded bracket for the playoffs will start next year, should we hold a different weight to winning championships? I think this will make comparing players from different generations even more foggy than it already is. I would have to assume that recent history would look very different if it was always like this. I think it will be much harder to create a dynasty and rack up multiple rings throughout a career. Thoughts?

I do think it'll be a much more entertaining approach to playoff basketball.

This official??? :wow: :wow:

i like it, but i think they should let the regular system rock one more year just to confirm whether or not it's useless

i like it, but i think they should let the regular system rock one more year just to confirm whether or not it's useless
nah.. east is going to be a handful of teams next year too, while the west is still stacked

there's a certain allure, a je ne sais quoi if you will, to the east being complete garbage trash. the celtics are tanking and threatening to make the playoffs at the same time. the nets are a rudderless ship and have been in playoff contention all season. detroit looked like the best team in the conference for a stretch. all that goes away with this new format :\

there's a certain allure, a je ne sais quoi if you will, to the east being complete garbage trash. the celtics are tanking and threatening to make the playoffs at the same time. the nets are a rudderless ship and have been in playoff contention all season. detroit looked like the best team in the conference for a stretch. all that goes away with this new format :\

It kind of doesn't, because the issue as stated before isn't just the playoff format and to me, the amount of times east plays west and vice versa during the regular season is an important issue as well, almost as important as the playoff format.

not sure we're on the same page, I'm talking about the playoffs tho. the issue is just the playoff format. teams like boston and brooklyn would be that much further out of the playoffs rather than knocking on the door. that's if everything stays the same except for seeding.

If they got from 1 - 16 seed they should elminate conferences, whats the point if east teams still bolster their record by facing east teams alot they should face the opposite conference 41 times a year instead of 30 to make this change mean something

Another Neal Pats on he Bulls. Was McDermont airing out his area? What a MEAT UP.

His gaze in that 2nd pic though.

Last edited:
silver gonna **** up the nba

This comment was funny :lol:

But I don't think this would **** up the NBA, personally as long as he doesn't get carried away I love the changes man. Infuses some vigor and excitement, especially to a admittedly flawed archaic format like the NBA playoffs.

not sure we're on the same page, I'm talking about the playoffs tho. the issue is just the playoff format. teams like boston and brooklyn would be that much further out of the playoffs rather than knocking on the door. that's if everything stays the same except for seeding.
If they got from 1 - 16 seed they should elminate conferences, whats the point if east teams still bolster their record by facing east teams alot they should face the opposite conference 41 times a year instead of 30 to make this change mean something

This is exactly what I was referring to g. Even with a revamped seeding system, east teams still would have unwarranted seeds because of the amount of times they play the east vs the west.

It would still mean something though. Divisions are still intact if I'm correct and for travel purposes during the regular season, keeping the conferences intact is fine and still makes sense. At the end of the year you would still see teams who deserve to be in get screwed less than if nothing changed 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom