The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm all for changes that improve the game, but i don't see the need to change up the playoff format.

korver god is going to wash every other contestant 

word to dude on the left

a58bf441-47d5-4bfe-a073-c461eb5a4658.inline_yes.gif

so he'd change the playoffs but keep the season the same, with each conference just playing each other once at home and away? doesn't seem right. H'ed have to change the season up to, allowing for more east and west matches so they can get a feel for the competition. That 16 team setup, the west would wash the eastern teams. Finals would have west vs west every year. not a good idea.

Don't see the need to change the playoff format. It goes in cycles. Gonna equate to long ring trips at the expense of jet lag and lower quality of play for players. If anything u cut a couple franchises or realign. Memphis and New Orleans should be in the east.

Gee, what did you think was going to happen?

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015-articles/lakers-nuggets-set-new-season-low-tnt.html

The Los Angeles Lakers and Denver Nuggets got together on Tuesday night, playing a game only people desperate for punishment decided to sit through. Apparently, even some of those poor souls decided to run away screaming from the television, with only 727,000 viewers for the TNT telecast, per SportsMediaWatch.com.

The rating is the lowest of the season for the NBA for any national broadcast, with the exclusion of NBA TV. Before the Lakers and Nuggets decided to force people away in droves, the lowest-rated national game was between the Memphis Grizzlies and … Denver.

so he'd change the playoffs but keep the season the same, with each conference just playing each other once at home and away? doesn't seem right. H'ed have to change the season up to, allowing for more east and west matches so they can get a feel for the competition. That 16 team setup, the west would wash the eastern teams. Finals would have west vs west every year. not a good idea.
I think the idea of regular season matchups needing changed is getting a bit overblown. The regular season matchups don't need much tweaking

1-16 Playoffs defeats the purpose of conferences.  Besides a lot of these teams that squeak in get swept in the first round anyway.

1-16 Playoffs defeats the purpose of conferences.  Besides a lot of these teams that squeak in get swept in the first round anyway.
Conferences can still serve a purpose during the regular season, you play teams closer to you so you don't have to do crazy traveling until maybe the playoffs

Regardless of who gets swept out when, I would prefer they never let these .500 teams get in while leaving 50 game winners out

idk how you got hate outta that..... I explicitly said I liked you as a poster and NTer...but ya, I got hate in my blood.

what do you have against me? Truth telling? Liking Korver and the Hawks too much? 

yeesh
I wasn't even talking about people on NT rooting against the hawks. I guess u just assumed that. I'm not gonna derail this thread discussing this with u. Quite frankly I don't give a damn what u think or say.

I wasn't even talking about people on NT rooting against the hawks. I guess u just assumed that. I'm not gonna derail this thread discussing this with u. Quite frankly I don't give a damn what u think or say.
I did assume that, my apologies.

Heres to a solid run by the Hawks to closeout the season and a strong playoff showing by them.

This is exactly what I was referring to g. Even with a revamped seeding system, east teams still would have unwarranted seeds because of the amount of times they play the east vs the west.

right but it would be less east teams. I was specifically talking about teams like brooklyn and boston. if you switched the format to 1-16 today, like right now, this instant, those teams wouldn't have the same chance. that's all

Conferences can still serve a purpose during the regular season, you play teams closer to you so you don't have to do crazy traveling until maybe the playoffs

Regardless of who gets swept out when, I would prefer they never let these .500 teams get in while leaving 50 game winners out
Ok so if youre an East team, you play mainly East teams, and that affects your record. 

If youre on the West, you play mostly Western teams, which affects your record. 

Maybe a team like Milwaukee or Detroit is an even higher seed if they're not playing Chicago or Cleveland all the time.  Or maybe a team like the Pelicans are way over .500 if theyre not playing Houston Dallas Memphis and San Antonio half the time.  Do you get what Im trying to say?  It has a domino effect.  The standings wouldnt even be what they are today if there are more out of conference games. 

And on top of that, one of the big reasons for conference games in the playoffs is so that the best teams of both conferences play each other to determine the best conference.  When Lebron was in Miami, the East was better top to bottom.  Indy and NYC were near 50 win teams.  The best conference changes every year.  Shoot when Jordan was playing, the West was almost an afterthought. 

And on top of THAT, everybody knows what it takes to make it to the playoffs.  All the teams that barely missed it last year, lost big games down the stretch, to PLAYOFF teams!!  I followed Phoenix all year last year, and they crumbled in early April.  They are still a bubble team now.  That doesnt make them better than a team like Detroit, or Milwaukee.  Theyre still the same, run and gun but no defense.  They dont deserve to be a playoff contender because they cant even win in their division, which also has the worst team in the conference, the Lakers.

I say all of that to say this:  You dont need to doctor up the playoff format because A) it defeats the purpose of conferences, and B)  The teams that miss the playoffs miss it for a reason, regardless of division.  Everybody plays 82 games. 

[thread="619539"]Nba All Star Weekend 2015​[/thread]  

900x900px-LL-eb12aee7_AS15_NewYorkCity.jpeg

Hey y'all, it's All-Star break!

You can join [thread="619539"]Nba All Star Weekend 2015​[/thread], go to your respective team threads, or go on vacation.
glasses.gif

We will be back shortly after the ASG, so don't lose your mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom