The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loss is a loss but with him all those losses were games where the score was tied or very close in the last 2. 

Rondo's assist to turnover numbers been up since coming here, if he stops all the uneeded fancy passes those turnovers don't result in points which are crucial in tight games which goes back to building chemistry once again.

Last edited:
Mavs got Rondo for the Playoffs. He's your prime example of a guy who shines when the lights are the brightest. Am I going to sit here and say I'd rather have Wright and Jameer over Rondo and Amare? Hell no. Before the Amare addition I'd still like Rondo over those guys. Just based off potential alone.

Staunch defense prevails in the Playoffs. That's how we won when we won in 2011. We beat Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Wade, and LeBron in one year.
It's going to be hilarious watching your point guard become a liability in crunch time in the playoffs because he's a 20% Free Throw shooter 
laugh.gif

The offense still has some polishing that needs to be done but for the most part I don't think its anything that can't be corrected. Just need Rondo to tame his FGA if he's off. Guys just aren't used to playing with him.

I have never seen a team intentionally foul a pg off the ball the way they do Deandre. I fully expect that to happen come playoff time.

Honestly don't think Dwight is much of a factor anymore as people think. I don't notice he's NOT playing until someone mentions it.

Also, didn't know the Clips fell to 6th, weren't they in 3rd now to long ago? life comes as you fast in the west :lol:

Playoff Rondo is a different man but we haven't seen that guy in a long time and I doubt he'll just hit the switch like that. New team, new system and currently scared of the free throw line.

Only teams in the West I don't like the Mavs chances with in a 7 game series when healthy is Memphis and Golden State. They just better, outside of that I like our chances

There's a pretty good chance they face one of those teams in the first round. Either way the championship goes thru them

Naw we washing either Houston or the Clippers.

Yea you guys are beating one of the top 3 guys in the league who match up perfectly with you or a team with a far superior point guard and power forward than you.

Look at your record against playoff teams this season, you don't beat good teams man, fools gold.

@ShamsCharania: Amar'e Stoudemire's deal with the Dallas Mavericks: one year, veteran's minimum, league source tells RealGM.

best of luck Amar'e

What makes you think you're washing us :lol: :lol: the last two or three years we've handled you guys with ease including twice this year in which the games weren't even close.

You guys have been awful against the west best. Our issues are with the east for some strange odd reason. Would welcome the mavs with open arms come playoff time.

Last edited:

Yea you guys are beating one of the top 3 guys in the league who match up perfectly with you or a team with a far superior point guard and power forward than you.

Look at your record against playoff teams this season, you don't beat good teams man, fools gold.

Look at the Mavs record versus the Lakers and Blazers in the regular season the year we won the championship or even versus the Spurs last year.

As long as we are healthy going to into the postseason I like our chances.

What makes you think you're washing us :lol: :lol: the last two or three years we've handled you guys with ease including twice this year in which the games weren't even close.

Lakers blew the 2011 Mavs out by 30+ points a month before the playoffs started. Won the season series 3-1

We know how that ended up.

Last edited:
Lakers blew the 2011 Mavs out by 30+ points a month before the playoffs started. Won the season series 3-1

So you're logic about how you'll wash us or the rockets in the playoffs sits on what you guys did against the Lakers in 2011?

Really man? Really? :lol: :lol: you're better than this.

So you're logic about how you'll wash us or the rockets in the playoffs sits on what you guys did against the Lakers in 2011?

Really man? Really? :lol: :lol: you're better than this.

No my logic is regular season victories are not a end all be all indicator of postseason success.

Given recent proof that doesn't even involve the Mavs i have no idea why you think it does.

Can't wait to see point God rondo take his game to another level this offseason by shooting 60% at the ft line

The championship year we had a pretty bad losing record against the top 8 in the west... like 6 or so wins or something. People were also sleeping on us heavy saying we'd lose our first round series against portland.

Not saying those don't matter but we'll be fine when the playoffs roll around... just need to stay in the 3-6 range.

However, contrary to what SneakerPro thinks I do NOT want to face the clippers in round 1. 

Give us HOU or PDX and we cookin

Last edited:
Dallas seeming to be the classic, throw it all on the wall and see what sticks. Going to take a while to build chemistry with all those big names playing together. I don't blame them for making any of the moves they did though.. you gotta give Dirk a chance. They did the best they could with what they had

that couldn't be any more false...

the Mavs have missed the Playoffs like once in the last 10 years (I think they finished 1 game out of 8th)... and the roster seems to get made over every 3rd season or so... Cuban and the front office know how to build teams

A series over the course of consecutive days when your only focus is one team is night and day from a season series played over months

Blatche too unstable, he chucks way too much. Remembering him on the Filipino National team :lol:  dude loved taking every shot

Don't trust his ability to play within a system

:lol: dude was not playing with any sort of talent, hard to judge him based on that.

Been watching him the last couple years though - he's kinda wild. More streaky than anything. Some nights he won't miss and look like an all star. Really good mismatch at 5. Kills guys that are smaller than him in the post. Drives past slower and bigger guys. Has 3pt range although he's better 18ft and in. Let's him pump fake and drive. Plays better next to good players - when he has less responsibility. He does get crazy sometimes. 3s, fadeaways, TOs, etc. Defense isn't good either. He brings a lot to the table though - especially as a bench guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom