The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

my point is when people say chris paul is top ___ but just hasnt gone deep in the playoffs because his team sucks, its really because cp3 is not better than the other teams best player(s)

i dont blame cp for the clippers not going anywhere because i have no expectations for him to be able to lead his team on a deep playoff run
Nobody said his teams SUCKED. We simply said, the teams that his team has lost to in the playoffs, WE BETTER TEAMS.

And you don't have expectations for him to be able to lead his team because his teams are structured to have a deep playoff run.

Yup, I agree. It's the pedestal they put CP on, making him top 3 pg of all time and whatnot, citing advanced metrics, etc. If people are going to keep doing that, then others are going to keep bringing up CP3's losing record in the playoffs.
Who are the people doing this that yall keep bringing up??????????

no one cares about his assist to to ratio before he threw the game, point is he lost the game

believe it or not, winning basketball games is more important than having a high PER when it comes to advancing in the playoffs. who would have thought 
HE didn't lose the game. The TEAM lost the game. Basketball is a TEAM sport. 
easy copout answer

the star player is a huge reason the TEAM is as good as it is

chris paul has struggled in the western playoffs year after year

if that's the case then this conference might not be for him  

Prime Kevin Garnett couldn't get out the first round for 7 or 8 straight years in the WCF. He wasn't a great player then?

Last edited:

if you're really an all time great player getting to the conference finals should be easy

anything else is struggling 
Aight, at this point I am not sure if you are being serious or not.

HE is struggling or his TEAMS have been struggling?

“@Jim_Eichenhofer: Ryan Anderson's 2-4 week timetable means being sidelined from 8 to 15 games on paper. #Pelicans (28-27) have 27 games left”

Who are the people doing this that yall keep bringing up??????????

Exactly. Like all people really say is he's been the best PG in the league since about '08. And now, other PG's have caught up. It's arguable that when his career ends, his stats and accolades could make him a top 5 pg of all time. And it's arguable that he's one of the best PG's we've seen since Magic and Isiaah. That's all that really has been said and isn't that far fetched.

easy copout answer

the star player is a huge reason the TEAM is as good as it is
NO, the TALENT on the team is the "huger" team a team is as good as it is.
put lebron on the clippers and they are favorites out west

cps lack of talent compared to other teams with BETTER players is what is holding the clippers back

you cant build a team around chris paul and expect to win anything 

You can't build a team around ANY PG and EXPECT to win  championship.

As  said 2 pages ago, tell me a team in the last 25 years that had their PG as their best (clear cut) player. 

If your PG is your best player, you will NOT be expected to be a serious contender.

if you're really an all time great player getting to the conference finals should be easy

anything else is struggling 
Aight, at this point I am not sure if you are being serious or not.

HE is struggling or his TEAMS have been struggling?
his teams have been struggling, he is a member of his team, he has been struggling

any one that is considered top 5 all time in their position should be able to easily carry their team to at least the conference finals (normally i would say finals but since we are talking about pgs i lowered the bar a little) 

As  said 2 pages ago, tell me a team in the last 25 years that had their PG as their best (clear cut) player. 

If your PG is your best player, you will NOT be expected to be a serious contender.
this is what ive been trying to tell people 
laugh.gif

lebron and kobe are the best "pgs" of this era and jordan was the best "pg" of the 90s

i never have and never will expect a team with a traditional pg to be a serious contender 

guys like AI and westbrook are different

I know you don't post as much in NBA threads as you used to a few years ago but I'm trying to look out for you. You're arguing with a guy who just a couple days ago was calling KD trash. This is what he does, man 
laugh.gif

Like all people really say is he's been the best PG in the league since about '08.

Lmao. Right. If CP3 fans just keep it to just this generation of point guards, there'd be less harping on his losing. Only pg who's done any winning like that that's currently playing has been TP.

Last edited:
@royceyoung Durant underwent a procedure today on his right foot to help reduce pain/discomfort. He'll be re-evaluated in a week.
@royceyoung Durant's procedure was to replace the screw he had in his foot with a new one. It's unrelated to his foot fracture that he had surgery on.
@royceyoung General manager Sam Presti said Durant's fracture was healing "perfectly" and this procedure was done to help alleviate pain and discomfort.

i think our perceptions of what chris paul's limitations are are actually not that far apart

plenty of people think he is a top 5 pg of all time, top 3 player in the league, there was an article last year talking how hes better than magic because of advanced stats

that is why all this cp is overrated talk is happening

i enjoyed understanding your perspective on this topic though, so i wouldnt say its all wasted keystrokes 

Lmao. Right. If CP3 fans just keep it to just this generation of point guards, there'd be less harping on his losing. Only pg who's done any winning like that that's currently playing has been TP.
How are you going to quote me with a quote EYE didn't type 
laugh.gif

So, you're saying that the Warriors are not a serious contender? :nerd:

Once again...Durant came back too early. :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom