The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slowly, but surely starting to not believe in the Spurs too much. Even Skip Bayless of all people feel like the Spurs are not the same Spurs as previous years. I'm giving them a few more weeks, but they just don't seem to have the same fire. Anything is possible, though.

I also don't believe in OKC at all. Its nice that they got all of these rotational players, but if Durant AND Westbrook not 110% healthy they are not winning anything. With how things been going, I don't think Durant will be healthy enough to put his team over the top.
Vegas had the Spurs behind GS(7 to 2) at 5 to 1 odds to win it all. Few days ago. Those were the top 2 teams. MEM is 11 to 1.

Last edited:
Chris Paul isn't a top 5 point guard ever, he'd struggle to make my top 8. Also, karma gets Chris Paul cause he plays like such a sucka on the court. I despise him and Carmelo. Neither one of em will ever win anything as long as they're the best player on a team
How does Karma pay him back exactly? 
laugh.gif

So because he plays like a sucka on the court, which he does, that plays into his teams having bad luck on the court?

What about the good Doc Rivers has done. Shouldn't Karma work in their favor? 

Vegas had the Spurs behind GS(7 to 2) at 5 to 1 odds to win it all. Few days ago. Those were the top 2 teams. MEM is 11 to 1.

Thats cool, but their offensive rating is at its lowest mark since about 10 seasons ago. Their pace is slower compared to the last 2 seasons. This is their 1st time since the 2009-10 season that they are not a #1 or #2 seed in the West. They also lost in the 2nd round during that season. Plus, their last 3 seasons have been LONG. I know Pop manage his players minutes very well, but their main guys still play a lot of minutes in the playoffs. Trust me, I've been one of the few people on here that still fear SAS in the postseason. Honestly, I would rather stay away from them in the 1st round just in case they are playing possum. But, a lot of signs are pointing to a 1st or 2nd round exit this season.

Last edited:
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

His feet are going bad.

mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Quote:

This is the latest in a long line of setbacks for Durant this season.

The league’s reigning MVP has missed 28 games this year due to foot injuries, including the season’s first 17 while recovering from the initial Jones fracture surgery. He missed another six contests in late December due to a sprained right ankle, and he recently missed four of five games because of a sprained left big toe.

Soreness in his right foot also caused Durant to miss Saturday’s game at Charlotte.

Durant was first seen favoring his right foot in the Thunder’s final contest before the All-Star break, a Feb. 11 home game against Memphis. The hope was that a weeklong break would allow Durant time to recover from soreness. But the issue appeared to worsen Thursday against Dallas, when Durant labored more as the game wore on against the Mavs.

http://newsok.com/article/5395690

Not to mention...

Manu and Duncan's minutes are up a little bit
Both Parker and Manu's percentages are down
Splitter doesn't look as good

Most of it just has to do with lingering issues from Leonard, Splitter and Parker.

Thats cool, but their offensive rating is at its lowest mark since about 10 seasons ago. Their pace is slower compared to the last 2 seasons. This is their 1st time since the 2009-10 season that they are not a #1 or #2 seed in the West. They also lost in the 2nd round during that season. Plus, their last 3 seasons have been LONG. I know Pop manage his players minutes very well, but their main guys still play a lot of minutes in the playoffs. Trust me, I've been one of the few people on here that still fear SAS in the postseason. Honestly, I would rather stay away from them in the 1st round just in case they are playing possum. But, a lot of signs are pointing to a 1st or 2nd round exit this season.
I agree 100%. Don't see the Spurs making it out the west this year. I was just surprised myself to see that Vegas had them that high. Memphis at 11 to 1 is a great bet. Best team in the league right now. Also Vegas had Portland at 28 to 1 which is also a pretty good bet in my opinion.

I'm not too worried about the Spurs, all depends on who we play in the first round, I believe we will get a good run after our Rodeo Road Trip and snag 5 or 4 spot.

I agree 100%. Don't see the Spurs making it out the west this year. I was just surprised myself to see that Vegas had them that high. Memphis at 11 to 1 is a great bet. Best team in the league right now. Also Vegas had Portland at 28 to 1 which is also a pretty good bet in my opinion.

I'm holding judgment on my own team until I see what happens with the bench scoring. Its looking like VC will be out some more time and he's an important piece to the puzzle IMO. I'll also be interesting to see what we do during the buyout season. I think we are still one of the favorites, but we need a new and improved VC back or acquire a solid rotational player off the buyout market to push us further over the top.

Jackson 0 for 8 so far :nerd:

Lots of idle dribbling, couldn't take Humphries off the bounce, couple bad shots, indecision on the pick and roll, completely lost on defense at times. He won't avg 20 like he did when russ/kd were out because he won't be able to dominate the ball, still not a shooter but perhaps he will morph into a totally different player than he's been all season, although he is still playing for a contract and now will have to watch out for Dinwiddie taking his minutes if he struggles

I'm holding judgment on my own team until I see what happens with the bench scoring. Its looking like VC will be out some more time and he's an important piece to the puzzle IMO. I'll also be interesting to see what we do during the buyout season. I think we are still one of the favorites, but we need a new and improved VC back or acquire a solid rotational player off the buyout market to push us further over the top.
Yea VC should only help tho. He knows his role. That deal getting Jeff Green I think did world's for Memphis. And i think he's gonna continue to flourish in his new role with yall. Y'all loaded man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom