The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacramento Kings ‏@SacramentoKings · 1h1 hour ago
Divac Named Vice President of Basketball & Franchise Operations

And the turnaround of the Sacramento Kings finally begins....:smokin

Just because there were hard fouls does not mean great defense was being played. Try to watch a game from the 80's now - it's like a glorified pick up game.

The fact that it was illegal to double team from the weak side makes any argument that defense was possibly better then null and void.

Last edited:
Would this have happened in the 80s?

d-wade-flop.gif

How effective would the "back down, back down, turnaround jumper" be for guys like dr j and drexler if they played today?

It's not possible to attempt

"When Jordan was playing," Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau said, "if he was isolated at 12 feet or at the elbow, you had to keep your 'big' on the weak side. There was no way you could get him across the lane. Now that you can bring your big over to the strong side, elbow isolations become jump-shot plays. "

Last edited:
Vlade is a cool guy, visited my middle school in Shanghai and hit a half court shot on his first try

Just because there were hard fouls does not mean great defense was being played. Try to watch a game from the 80's now - it's like a glorified pick up game.

The fact that it was illegal to double team from the weak side makes any argument that defense was possibly better then null and void.

Common sense **** man. But people let nostalgia interfere with logic.

Nice to see the kings trying to change the culture in sacramento. Solid hire from that perspective. Have no idea what he knows about being a vp of basketball opps, but its a solid move in the right direction

Vlade is a cool guy, visited my middle school in Shanghai and hit a half court shot on his first try
You went to middle school at Staples Center??

(I am boarding my flight to HK :wow: the Shanghai gate is right behind me, maybe I could sneak onto their plane)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom