The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Green been shooting horribly since arriving in Memphis

Yep.

The offense has taken a step back too. Basically what people were waiting on to happen after the first 15-20 games or so finally happened. The Grizz offense went back to the "old" pound it inside offense that we had over the last 3-4 seasons, which produced low efficiency. This is mainly due to Zbo tearing things up during his stretch in mid-January to early February, but it caused us to go away from what was working. The Zbo offense worked for a while, but now its making us struggle in the scoring department.

Marc got to get back into form from the first couple of months, along with Conley. As long as these two play this secondary role on offense, the team will look how they've been looking over the last few weeks. Extremely slow, poor efficiency and a lot of isolation. The defense has been great, though.

Joerger was talking about putting TA back into the starting lineup and moving Green to the bench. The starting unit with Green is producing a negative net rating and it was doing really well with TA in the lineup. The only negative thing I see in that is how teams will defend us come playoff time.

Jeff Green been shooting horribly since arriving in Memphis

Yep.

The offense has taken a step back too. Basically what people were waiting on to happen after the first 15-20 games or so finally happened. The Grizz offense went back to the "old" pound it inside offense that we had over the last 3-4 seasons, which produced low efficiency. This is mainly due to Zbo tearing things up during his stretch in mid-January to early February, but it caused us to go away from what was working. The Zbo offense worked for a while, but now its making us struggle in the scoring department.

Marc got to get back into form from the first couple of months, along with Conley. As long as these two play this secondary role on offense, the team will look how they've been looking over the last few weeks. Extremely slow, poor efficiency and a lot of isolation. The defense has been great, though.

Joerger was talking about putting TA back into the starting lineup and moving Green to the bench. The starting unit with Green is producing a negative net rating and it was doing really well with TA in the lineup. The only negative thing I see in that is how teams will defend us come playoff time.

Conley hasn't been playing like Conley for a month now. What's up with him? I knew he had nagging injuries but I thought all star break could take care of that.

Conley hasn't been playing like Conley for a month now. What's up with him? I knew he had nagging injuries but I thought all star break could take care of that.

I honestly have no idea. A lot of times, Conley is dealing with injuries that we have no idea about. He'll be playing, then all of a sudden someone will see him in a boot out on the streets. He could still be dealing with injuries, maybe coasting or maybe just stinking it up :lol: . I think its a combination of all 3, though.

:lol: apparantly the refs game the game to the Hawks tonight and u can't even touch Hawks players no more without getting called for a foul. :rofl:

The Jazz are 7-2 in their last nine. Wins against the Blazers, Spurs and Grizzlies.

Points allowed: 90, 96, 82, 76, 81, 97, 82, 75, 82.

Last edited:
guys could not just get to the rim. Was no defensive 3 second violation. Bigs just sat in the lane. And hammered you if you tried to go baseline. Check the "Jordan Rules" And not get a tech.

You obviously never watched much ball in the 80's and early 90's. You couldn't just park a big man in the lane because you couldn't guard an area back then... If you did you got called for an illegal defense. The NBA was strictly man. Guys would rotate to stop jordan at the rim nowadays you can park the big guy in front of a guy like MJ forcing him to pass earlier or take a mid range J.

You obviously never watched much ball in the 80's and early 90's. You couldn't just park a big man in the lane because you couldn't guard an area back then... If you did you got called for an illegal defense. The NBA was strictly man. Guys would rotate to stop jordan at the rim nowadays you can park the big guy in front of a guy like MJ forcing him to pass earlier or take a mid range J.
What big guys in the league today? :lol: two best centers in the NBA today are two brothers from Spain lol. Compare that to the Centers of MJ's days? No way Pau and Marc are all star Centers in the 90s.

Last edited:
sick.gif

B_OHfUDU0AAZ8fp.jpg

What big guys in the league today? :lol: two best centers in the NBA today are two brothers from Spain lol. Compare that to the Centers of MJ's days?

What are you taking about...a big guy as in somebody between the rim and the player. That big guy could be a SF or a big guard, not an all time great center LOL. In the 80's and 90's if you beat your man guys had to rotate to the driver. With today's zone's you can park a guy between the driver and rim and/or closer to the ball so rotations don't take as long shrinking driving lanes and forcing guys to rotate the ball once they beat their man; or go to the rim with more traffic in front of them.

Espn really picked the Lakers vs Heat game over the Grizz vs. Rockets game lol. Thank god for LP and streams

What are you taking about...a big guy as in somebody between the rim and the player. That big guy could be a SF or a big guard, not an all time great center LOL. In the 80's and 90's if you beat your man guys had to rotate to the driver. With today's zone's you can park a guy between the driver and rim and/or closer to the ball so rotations don't take as long shrinking driving lanes and forcing guys to rotate the ball once they beat their man; or go to the rim with more traffic in front of them.
So MJ couldn't handle today's defenses huh? Is that the ultimate point your trying to make? MJ would average 40 a game today.

I'd love to see a.i. in todays game abusing these stupid perimeter defenders like kd and harden and westbrook do.

So MJ couldn't handle today's defenses huh? Is that the ultimate point your trying to make? MJ would average 40 a game today.

Ha! Of course not, the discussion was, was defense back in the day better than today. My point is today's rules, dilution of talent with so many teams, and the lack of low post scorers are more the reason for the difference in shooting percentages between then and now.

Last edited:
Ha! Of course not, the discussion was, was defense back in the day better than today. My point is today's rules, dilution of talent with so many teams, and the lack of low post scorers are more the reason for the difference.
absolutely agree with ya there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom