The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why I just saw this, but it really isnt that weird. CP and Blake have to be better in the postseason. Those two havent been good enough. In order for us to actually get to a final or wcf, they have to be better than they are in the regular season.

And thats not to say their regular season production isnt really good, but it has to be better in the postseason. Thats with any playoff team though, you only go as far as your best two players perform, relative to their opposition.
U only go as far as your two best players perform, relative to their opposition?

Because LBJ is literally a freak of nature who doesn't get injured. Tony Parker looks like a regular dude.

What about the other 7 guys or so in the playoff rotation? What if you got a lot of guys who can lead the team in scoring?

Relax. The Hawks best 2 players definitely outperform the opposing teams best 2 players on most nights. It doesn't have to be with raw numbers. ATL's defense normally limits those guys. ATL's top 2 guys normally are either very efficient or create a lot of great shots for the rest of the team. Korver does that stuff without even shooting. Milsapp's life is too easy because of Kyle.

CP's playoff performances are more than good enough. I agree about Blake tho.

But ultimately, when the Clippers start getting role players that start doing the dirty work/the little things, the playoff success will follow.

Last edited:
Relax. The Hawks best 2 players definitely outperform the opposing teams best 2 players on most nights. It doesn't have to be with raw numbers. ATL's defense normally limits those guys. ATL's top 2 guys normally are either very efficient or create a lot of great shots for the rest of the team. Korver does that stuff without even shooting. Milsapp's life is too easy because of Kyle.
Carroll, Schroder, Sefalosha, Scott, and Bazemore all play major roles on ATL. Everybody has a job. And it's going to take everybody doing their job for us to be successful in the playoffs. That's the Hawks strength just wear u down with their depth. A Cavs fan explained their loss to the Hawks Saturday was like dying from a thousand cuts lol.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think most of the Hawks rotation players are scoring above the league average. Explains the effectiveness of the system.

Carroll, Schroder, Sefalosha, Scott, and Bazemore all play major roles on ATL. Everybody has a job. And it's going to take everybody doing their job for us to be successful in the playoffs. That's the Hawks strength just wear u down with their depth. A Cavs fan explained their loss to the Hawks Saturday was like dying from a thousand cuts lol.

Yeah for sure. I'm not denying that. ATL is a well oiled machine. I think it's unfair to the top guys to act like Teague/Millsap/Korver/Horford aren't TOP notch players though. Whoever has it on that night can go head to head against any duo in the league. Those guys are talented and constantly do things that improve the team.

CP's playoff performances are more than good enough. I agree about Blake tho.

But ultimately, when the Clippers start getting role players that start doing the dirty work/the little things, the playoff success will follow.

The role players aren't the problem. You dont win or lose in the postseason because of role players imo. There arent that many moments for role players to make a difference. Generally speaking, role players from each team do exactly what they do in the regular season and cancel each other out. The difference lies with the star players.

And CP's postseason production has been really good, but its only marginally better than his regular season numbers and that isnt good enough. A prime example was last postseason against russ. He was really good, but russ was better.

The role players aren't the problem. You dont win or lose in the postseason because of role players imo. There arent that many moments for role players to make a difference. Generally speaking, role players from each team do exactly what they do in the regular season and cancel each other out. The difference lies with the star players.

And CP's postseason production has been really good, but its only marginally better than his regular season numbers and that isnt good enough. A prime example was last postseason against russ. He was really good, but russ was better.

Uh, the Clippers problem in the post season hasn't been offense, its been their defense. So when you say production I'm assuming you mean offensive production/"numbers".

In any case, if you want better production out of CP, then how about getting some versatile wing defenders to guard the Westbrook's and Curry's for him so he doesn't have to do it for all 48. Expending all that energy chasing around the PG's when his counterpart gets to take defensive possessions off can't be understated.

This is hilarious :lol:

This video was just filmed a couple nights ago then *bam* Embiid suffers "setback" :lol:

Dudes didn't want two years in a row of multiple videos of their 1st round big men that they were holding out for the year doing windmills and 360's when they're supposed to be "hurt."

Yeah for sure. I'm not denying that. ATL is a well oiled machine. I think it's unfair to the top guys to act like Teague/Millsap/Korver/Horford aren't TOP notch players though. Whoever has it on that night can go head to head against any duo in the league. Those guys are talented and constantly do things that improve the team.
Well said repped. None of them play more than 33 mins a night. That keeps their numbers down a bit. Al and Jeff are both top 20 players in the league right now imo. If the clock is running out and they got nothing, Horford's mid range jumper is always open. And he can knock them down all day. People always talk about how the Hawks are small but Horford and Millsap are both all stars and when playing together are mismatches for most other front courts. Al is the Boss of the team. Korver is like the heart. He does all the little things that don't show up in the stat sheet. Always draws the other teams top wing defender. Not a defensive liability. Quite the opposite actually. He only averages 12 a game but for some reason when he knocks down a few 3s it ignites the whole team. Jeff Teague has got to be the most underrated point guard in the league. He's as good as any not named Russ. Carroll has to be one of the most underrated defenders in the league. It's def a very fun style of basketball to watch.

Last edited:
Also, Russ went ape **** against the Clippers because not only is he one of the best players in the league but also because he had two 6 ft 180 lbs sticking him. He was gonna eat regardless, but the Clippers had no resistance whatsoever. That's where a wing defender role player comes into play and maybe then CP doesn't get "out-produced".

Last edited:
Also, Russ went ape **** against the Clippers because not only is he one of the best players in the league but also because he had two 6 ft 180 lbs sticking him. He was gonna eat regardless, but the Clippers had no resistance whatsoever. That's where a wing defender role player comes into play.
Not sure how much a wing defender even helps when he's getting to his spots and his jumper is working. 

Not sure how much a wing defender even helps when he's getting to his spots and his jumper is working. 

I agree, like I said a player of his caliber is gonna eat regardless.

But shooting over a 6 ft D Collison is a whole lot easier than shooting over a say 6'4 Tony Allen.

With Collison, you are just hoping he misses, with a bigger, longer defender you are getting a hand in his face.

too many SAS talking bout the mvp n first round bullness. put ur money at vegas, its bout dem rings. kd, harden,russ have none.. none as we speak. lbj and wb should go toe to toe one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom