The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerlens Noel may never be a good offensive player, but his defensive potential more than makes up for it. He's fun to watch on that end. Also, he's playing with the chip on his shoulder for falling in the draft.

cuz hes.like.dwight,lay zee

Nerlens Noel may never be a good offensive player, but his defensive potential more than makes up for it. He's fun to watch on that end. Also, he's playing with the chip on his shoulder for falling in the draft.

As long as he can roll to the rim, catch lobs and put backs, he'll do wonders in that modern Sixers system.

If he rests them against NOP then he better rest them in the preceding & following games as well. GSW looks like they're gonna stop just short of 70 wins. You don't want to send a message to your team that despite winning nearly 70 games, there is still a team out there that you want to avoid.

If you're GSW you should WANT to play OKC, SAS, MEM, & ATL or CLE back to back to back to back.

Just short? I don't see them winning more than 64 (maybe 65) games. Steve Kerr knows he doesn't have an MJ who will win five extra games on his own just because he's that insanely competitive.

Regardless, we all know OKC is not a traditional 8th seed. They won 60 and 59 games the last two seasons. If they are at full health (or even close to it), they are as dangerous as any team in the league. Forget this WANT nonsense. Nobody WANTS to play OKC in the first round after getting the #1 seed, because what you WANT to do is win a championship. Ask LeBron James how he feels about not having to play the Bulls in the 2012 playoffs. I'm sure he has tons of regrets over that.

eek.gif
 big baby's nose should be cast as spiderman 

Noel's ability to come up with steals is unbelievable for a dude his size.

Top 10 in both steal and block rate. That feels special.

As does being eighth in defensive rating and second in defensive +/- while playing on that trainwreck of a team.

Last edited:
Noel's ability to come up with steals is unbelievable for a dude his size.

Top 10 in both steal and block rate. That feels special.

As does being eighth in defensive rating and second in defensive +/- while playing on that trainwreck of a team.

Bill Simmons gonna bring back his "Stocks" stat just for him (steals + blocks).

Rebound rate:

Gobert - 20.2 (6th in the league)
Jordan - 23.9 (1st)

Block rate:

Gobert - 7.7 (1st)
Jordan - 5.4 (5th)

Steal rate:

Gobert - 1.7
Jordan - 1.5

Defensive rating:

Gobert - 98.5 (4th)
Jordan - 98.6 (5th)

Defensive +/-:

Gobert - +5.2 (1st)
Jordan - +3.1 (9th)

Opponent FG% at the rim:

Gobert - 39.1 (1st)
Jordan - 49.3 (31st)

was it this season??
It was tonight. Sometime in the first half is all I remember.

Did anyone else see Vince Carter throw a ******* strike from the baseline on one end of the court to the free-throw line of the other a few minutes ago? Like, 75-foot, chest-high line drive with a basketball, while flat-footed. Lowkey one of the better passes I have ever seen.

Last edited:
We don't have too many years of peak chris paul left in fact this might be the last truly great CP3 year unfortunately most of y'all will be too busy hating to appreciate it.:lol:

Time for another Chris Paul debate. Is he the best player to never win a MVP? Off of the top of my head I can think of guys like Gary Payton, Patrick Ewing, Isaiah Thomas, DWade, Jerry West the greatest "loser" of all time, John Stockton, Scottie Pippen.

After doing my Googles I came across a bunch of other names:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/05/the-greatest-players-never-to-win-an-nba-mvp/

http://sidelinesapp.com/item/who-is-the-greatest-player-never-to-win-an-mvp/

This seems worthy of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom