The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard anti break down the hawks like that. I honestly wanna know his take on the hawks roster and coaching and future. Anti I want your subjective opinion on the hawks and their future, with their players and coach and gm and ownership. Dead srs. Need to hear another POV.
I was actually talking about the Hawks to my brother yesterday. I feel like they would need another year of excellence to really become a prime free agent destination even with the mass amount of cap space they have and it being a good place to live in. No ones coming here if the Hawks lose in the second round/dont really compete in the ECF, and thats assuming that one year of this is even enough to convince quality F/As to come here. It wouldnt be enough to convince me to go to Atlanta if I was a mid to high tier player in this years F/A Class. 

Paul Milsap is about to eat up a good chunk of that cap. I'm thinking 4 years/48 at minimum probably even more with the impending cap jump. Pero Antic and Demare Carroll arent coming back and they shouldnt try to bring either of them back. 

Marc Gasol would be the pipe dream F/A for the Hawks, finally address the size issue that I still think will be their undoing and hes mobile and a good enough shooter to where he wouldnt stagnate the offense. Greg Monroe too but I think he stays in Detroit.

Danny Ferry needs to be fired. Nothing else need be said. The minute he comes back and starts actively managing the roster the drama will soon follow and the team doesnt need it.

In terms of ownership people finally started going to the games and prices have shot through the roof so I've backed off from my "move the team" stance a bit. Before this year there was no evidence to support that this city even deserves a team.

In short I wouldnt do anything major this year besides bring Milsap back, they gotta do well this year and next year and prep for 2016 because I dont really see them getting anyone that will take them over the hump in this years go around.

lol @ kobe pawning off the shaq criticism on the media. probably thinks we forgot he snitched on shaq for cheating.

back to basketball:

rockets fan hoping for the grizz and spurs to lose and rockets win. rockets the 2 seed and spurs the 5.

any series between the clippers, grizzlies, mavericks, rockets is going minimum 6 games imo. god damn how competitive the west is

How we know the dubs can just give it to klay and steph in the 4th in the playoffs? They've never done it before so if so facto they won't do it this year. Right. Riiiiiight.

Man you are seriously a funny dude. Acting like you haven't seen Steph and Klay hit clutch shots after clutch shots all year AND last year.

Bean has had enough...he's not slick backing Russ though

Kobe BryantVerified account

@kobebryant

Media critique- Mj was a gunner Magic was a coach killer Shaq wasn't serious Lbj couldn't handle pressure Spurs r too old #BeforeRings

LOL at you guys giving this statement props when you Kobe fans STILL think Lebron can't handle pressure.

I was actually talking about the Hawks to my brother yesterday. I feel like they would need another year of excellence to really become a prime free agent destination even with the mass amount of cap space they have and it being a good place to live in. No ones coming here if the Hawks lose in the second round/dont really compete in the ECF, and thats assuming that one year of this is even enough to convince quality F/As to come here. It wouldnt be enough to convince me to go to Atlanta if I was a mid to high tier player in this years F/A Class. 

Paul Milsap is about to eat up a good chunk of that cap. I'm thinking 4 years/48 at minimum probably even more with the impending cap jump. Pero Antic and Demare Carroll arent coming back and they shouldnt try to bring either of them back. 

Marc Gasol would be the pipe dream F/A for the Hawks, finally address the size issue that I still think will be their undoing and hes mobile and a good enough shooter to where he wouldnt stagnate the offense. Greg Monroe too but I think he stays in Detroit.

Danny Ferry needs to be fired. Nothing else need be said. The minute he comes back and starts actively managing the roster the drama will soon follow and the team doesnt need it.

In terms of ownership people finally started going to the games and prices have shot through the roof so I've backed off from my "move the team" stance a bit. Before this year there was no evidence to support that this city even deserves a team.

In short I wouldnt do anything major this year besides bring Milsap back, they gotta do well this year and next year and prep for 2016 because I dont really see them getting anyone that will take them over the hump in this years go around.
GREAT STUFF Anti. Definitely owe u a rep for that. I'm out right now. I do think this years playoff run is gonna play a part in it as well. I'm personally more sold on keeping DMC over Millsap if I had to choose. But DMC has just suddenly came on and Paul has been doing his thing for years. Paul is 30 and DMC is 28. They could let Millsap Walk and Easily Have the Money To Throw 15 MIL or more at any free agent big man. Where if the hawks prove to do well in the playoffs would seem to me like a nice place to go. And again I wanna thank u for that breakdown. Really good stuff.

Last edited:
lol @ kobe pawning off the shaq criticism on the media. probably thinks we forgot he snitched on shaq for cheating.

rockets fan hoping for the grizz and spurs to lose and rockets win. rockets the 2 seed and spurs the 5.

I'm also rooting for this as well. Only means GSW would play SAS in the 2nd round.

.@kobebryant Kobe, YOU said Shaq wasn't serious.
laugh.gif

I'm also rooting for this as well. Only means GSW would play SAS in the 2nd round.

basically this. i think we all want to avoid SA in round 1, same for gsw in round 2. best case, get SA and GSW in the same half of the bracket and let the rest play out

GREAT STUFF Anti. Definitely owe u a rep for that. I'm out right now. I do think this years playoff run is gonna play a part in it as well. I'm personally more sold on keeping DMC over Millsap if I had to choose. But DMC has just suddenly came on and Paul has been doing his thing for years. Paul is 30 and DMC is 28. They could let Millsap Walk and Easily Have the Money To Throw 15 MIL or more at any free agent big man. Where if the hawks prove to do well in the playoffs would seem to me like a nice place to go. And again I wanna thank u for that breakdown. Really good stuff.
The real issue is that the amount of bigs that would be a good fit there is slim. Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, Brook Lopez kind of, Robin Lopez, and I'm pretty much out of ideas after that. 

Yeah, I thought the Wizards would have a much better season myself.

I also figured Beal would average about 20 a game, and he would compliment Wall making them one of the best back courts in the east.

But in the playoff's they could still turn it around.

I support Spurs fans that exhibit the same class and humility that the Spurs team and organization show.

I don't support Spurs fans that act like theKlaw2. :smh:

I guess post count determines how big of a fan you are nowadays. :smh:

I agree. I'm a spurs fan and what Klaw does irks me at times. Same thing nawt...( don't know his full name) does with the 49ers in the NFL thread. So, I just stay away at times.

Kobe really didn't snitch on Shaq

It was an off record conversation that was leaked later

Was it smart? No

Shaqs public comment of ""I'm not the one buying love." is far more of a snitch comment

Kobe really didn't snitch on Shaq

It was an off record conversation that was leaked later

Was it smart? No

Shaqs public comment of ""I'm not the one buying love." is far more of a snitch comment

So you condone pillow talking because it's often told in secret and confidence. :smh:

The real issue is that the amount of bigs that would be a good fit there is slim. Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, Brook Lopez kind of, Robin Lopez, and I'm pretty much out of ideas after that. 
Yea it's really LMA or Marc who are prob gonna demand the max. I even traded Millsap for LMA on my 2k15 league with the Hawks :lol: But ur right tho don't see either Lopez fitting wirh the way they wanna space the floor. And they really use Horford lack of size now to beat other bigs up and down the court and make it work to their advantage being undersized, but i think he needs another PF who isn't as undersized as Millsap is. Who I don't think is any more than 6'6 himself.

Last edited:

:lol:

Thing is though, just because something is part of a media narrative doesn't mean it isn't also a fair criticism. Shaq wasn't serious enough. If he was more driven, he'd have more than just 4 rings and one MVP. And MJ was too selfish for a while. The Bulls became successful when he started trusting his teammates more, etc. etc.

I think yall should pursue Serge Ibaka in 2017. He loves C list r'n'b singers/actresses and yall are the capital of them. No diss, just true life. Plus Keri is from there anyways. He's a C in the EC, in fact it's his best position in general (with KD at the 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom