The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hacking strategy doesn't work if you're just a bad ft shooter. DJ, I think, is literally the worst FT shooter in the history of the nba. I'm pretty sure He has the lowest career % of any player with a decent amount of attepmts. This dude can easily go 5-21. This isn't shaq going 10-20 :lol:

Against DJ I can see it being somewhat effective
I thought the spurs won that game. Either way it is effective in some situations, it got them back in the game last night against the pels.

No, the Spurs lost that particular game, but they have employed hack-a-DJ in other games that they won. Pop does that **** at least a little bit pretty much every time the teams play. But he was OD with it in that last game. Unfortunately, I think we're going to see it a lot in the playoffs.

Clips-Spurs is going to be hell of a series
Will be the best first round match.

I think that Cavs/Celtics is going to be classic as well.

Olynek is about to poo all over that man Mozgov, you heard it here first.

I want to see Smart contain Kyrie as well

spurs gonna wash them
i do think the gms will be close

Last edited:
all he does is dunk 
indifferent.gif

Just read an article that explains why I agree Russell shouldn't be in MVP consideration

Dude missed 14 games, still has taken the most shots this season(Harden is second), has the 3rd highest usage of all time(not a real horrible thing, but considering his team isn't bad is whats the real crime), also his team is 2-7 when he scores 40

Thats the epitome of hero ball in the negative connotation, im a fan and idc how much shots but he needs to learn how to be efficient/win

:rofl:
It really Chaps your hide, doesn't it.
I feel you though man, for real.

Its so annoying on both sides. Ive seen it done all those years with shaq. Its boring and wastes time.

Its such a desperate move by popivich but at the same time if the dumb morons would know how to shoot a free throw they couldnt exploit you with that.

I figure if they award the player 3 free throws if they fouled away from the ball intentionally before 2 minutes or two free throws and the ball coaches wont do it as much.

Granted he should be making his free throws but the viewers are the ones suffering the most from it.

Last edited:
Hack a jordan isn't as bad for the fans as yall think it is

I was at a celtics game this year and they were down 30 cut the lead to 11 by employing hack a jordan and the whole crowd was live and enjoying everyone of those missed free throws

Hack a jordan isn't as bad for the fans as yall think it is

I was at a celtics game this year and they were down 30 cut the lead to 11 by employing hack a jordan and the whole crowd was live and enjoying everyone of those missed free throws
when you ain't got a stake in either team and just wanna watch good basketball it totally sucks man. it clogs up the game & it's unsportsmanlike. it's anti-basketball

Just read an article that explains why I agree Russell shouldn't be in MVP consideration

Dude missed 14 games, still has taken the most shots this season(Harden is second), has the 3rd highest usage of all time(not a real horrible thing, but considering his team isn't bad is whats the real crime), also his team is 2-7 when he scores 40

Thats the epitome of hero ball in the negative connotation, im a fan and idc how much shots but he needs to learn how to be efficient/win
One of the best posts I've ever seen on NT and the internet.

MVP's have to make their team better, Russ may have handicapped his mates at the expense of getting his, or because he didn't trust them, or his motor is too high, but all those things are not Characteristic of NBA MVP's

GREAT READ

Nick Anderson bought a Ferrari in Houston and he can’t even drive a stick. We’re like, “Why are you buying a $150,000 car during the Finals, in Houston of all places?” 

:rofl: :rofl:

After those missed FTs to ice Game 1, dude checked out.

10.jpg

I used to have this conversation with Dwight Howard years ago. I used to tell him, “Shaquille O’Neal at your age, even at a younger age, he’d have killed you.” But he don’t seem to think so. I used to tell him, “Man, you just don’t understand. You caught Shaq on his elder years and you still really couldn’t do nothing with him. But a young Shaquille O’Neal? Ain’t nothing you could do but holler, ‘Help, help, help!’”   - Nick Anderson

Yo...GREAT read!!! That Magic squad was one of my favorite squads in sports history! I feel like I grew up watching them and I DEFINITELY remember this quote by Nick Anderson:

"I don’t think we even realized how good we were. That year we went to the Finals, I don’t think a lot of people remember we were 39-2 at home. How often does that happen?"

I remember thinking how it was crazy they lost TWO of their home games in the Finals that year after being damn near unstoppable at home.

Hawks Black Jerseys are money. 

I have never seen those, just caught them on this NBAtv "The Association" show.

Deandre needs to employ underhanding it or practice his got damn free throws. Its inexcusable

Or just bank it in. Bank in every single one. Who cares how it looks as long as it ******* goes in

dudes out there got too much pride.
rick berry was willing to help shaq with his FTs but shaq wasnt having any of it. if all things arent working, what is there to lose trying to underhand it???

Deandre needs to employ underhanding it or practice his got damn free throws. Its inexcusable

Or just bank it in. Bank in every single one. Who cares how it looks as long as it ******* goes in

dudes out there got too much pride.
rick berry was willing to help shaq with his FTs but shaq wasnt having any of it. if all things arent working, what is there to lose trying to underhand it???

Some guys no matter how much they work never get it down, you dont think dwight, deandre, and other horrible free throw shooters, shoot 3000 or 4000 fts in practice?(In a season)

If you can't get it the conventional way theres no guarantee they will get it underhand, so would you rather look like a fool and miss? Or shoot em normal and miss?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom