The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presti is rated just about right, his "genius" or perception of such rightfully lost a lot of luster with the Harden trade.

The Adams move was perfect (and you have to remember at the time the trade for that pick was made, the Raptors were sucking and it looked like that pick was going to be #5 or so but then they made the Gay trade, improved, ended up getting #12 pick) since it obviously was the first step to ushering in the end of the Perkins era (bet money we sign him to a vet min this offseason though).

Ibaka and Jackson where they were, both outside of the lottery and end of the first round for Reggie were beyond average for their draft #. Hell, Schmurda will probably play in the all star game next season, averaged 20/11/5 on 47/42% shooting his last 15 games. Ibaka's contract looked like an overpay at the time but compared to other bigs, is actually great value for a perenial DPOY candidate with range, a unique player in that regard at his position; shot blocking and jump shooting. You see how valuable he is to our defense with how poor it was with him (and Dre and Nick) out

Kantner was our first post presence ever and paid major dividends offensively and rebounding. He is, however, the worst defender in the NBA by most any metric and also an RFA so it'll be interesting to see if we match him. All indications by the team have been we intended to do so, up to the max.

The Waiters move, LoL. He must've been his player crush or something. Dude was beyond terrible here, has no playoff experience, has never been good anywhere and is a malcontent. Shot selection (step back jumpers) and finishing at the rim are horrible, overall percentages of 39/31/60 were nothing to write home about

Nick is dumb popular here, partly because he's white, but still to give him 8 millon this summer was beyond a head scratcher since there was no chance he was leaving or anyone else was going to steal him, just poor timing since it leaves us with little flexibility this summer.

Stil, you find me another team/GM who picked 3 mvp caliber players in a row, a borderline DPOY almost all star, 6moty candidate when healthy/happy in RJ, in a row the way he has. Beyond that, he drafted Bledsoe, he was even behind the Parker pick and Barbosa when he was with the Spurs.

He drives an old *** black like 96 Tahoe though. I saw him outside of PF Chang's with his wife once getting takeout. Truck was dusty as hell too.

But still, yea, among the best in the league in the class with Ujiri and Buford.

Just the Waiters thing, weird way and time to finally break into the tax. And the Josh Huestis thing, was just stupid and cheap. He's going to waste a roster spot and cap space on our roster next yr. I kind of hope we renig on that promise or trade him (would just be salary ballast, no chance he'd make whatever team he went to)

TLDR: Presti's top 5 doa bro, and I very don't even like him.

Last edited:

"I was up, I was up 7-3... and lost 21-7."

This is where Kobe fans turn it off. All they need to know.

"What happened? Was it like some crazy moves?"
"He started fouling..."

Theeeeere we go.
laugh.gif
Julius is being a cry baby

Kobe is an all time great wing defender

Plus Kobe isnt known as a fouler

He hasn't fouled out since January 27 2009
que jordan wizards kwame rant 

Nick is dumb popular here, partly because he's white, but still to give him 8 millon this summer was beyond a head scratcher since there was no chance he was leaving or anyone else was going to steal him, just poor timing since it leaves us with little flexibility this summer.

There was some weird reason they extended Collison, I remember reading an article from I think Barry Trammel that it explained it but it was another first ever used exception that actually saved them money in future cap space and allowed Nick to reap the benefits all the same.

Some more of that Presti genius type stuff.

I will search for the article and post it if I find it. It was a short read too, but dope.

Presti the man.

What ever happened to that new female referee? dude **** boy chris get her fired b?

Yes, the NBA fired her after a marquee player created an uproar by making seemingly sexist comments about it and we never heard anything about it.

What ever happened to that new female referee? dude **** boy chris get her fired b?

Yes, the NBA fired her after a marquee player created an uproar by making seemingly sexist comments about it and we never heard anything about it.

i never know when you're sarcastic anymore :frown:. I mean what you just said sounds totally legit and like something that would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom