The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discussions like these are exactly why I laugh when people insist there's 'the way' that EVERYONE does something. Get everyone talking and we'll see there's all kinds of ways everyone does stuff.

'S why whenever I'm somewhere new, I'll ask questions during the game if I haven't already picked the rules up from everyone talking.

*hit a shot*

"Free throw, or 3?"

"Y'all play all day, or just 3? You say all day, I'm'a be here awhile." (did anyone NOT say this?
laugh.gif
)

*get to 17**

"Back to 15 if you go over 21? Or 11? Or is over 21 still game?"
Its gotta be 3 made free throws and check, all day just lets the real good free throw shooters just win, at least with just 3 made you gotta earn those free throws
even then freethrows are unfair

jumpshot 3 freethrows

check

jumpshot 3 freethrows

thats 8 points in like a minute 
laugh.gif

basically anyone who isnt shaq gets 4 points per basket 

jumpshot 3 freethrows

check

jumpshot 3 freethrows

thats 8 points in like a minute 
laugh.gif

he sayin Free throws from a 21 sense as in uninterrupted 3pt shots. not from the free throw line. u play from the actual free throw line and dont at least hit 2 of the 3 freethrows on every trip then ur sorry and need to run some drills or something lol

Discussions like these are exactly why I laugh when people insist there's 'the way' that EVERYONE does something. Get everyone talking and we'll see there's all kinds of ways everyone does stuff.

'S why whenever I'm somewhere new, I'll ask questions during the game if I haven't already picked the rules up from everyone talking.

*hit a shot*

"Free throw, or 3?"

"Y'all play all day, or just 3? You say all day, I'm'a be here awhile." (did anyone NOT say this? :lol: )

*get to 17**

"Back to 15 if you go over 21? Or 11? Or is over 21 still game?"

Its gotta be 3 made free throws and check, all day just lets the real good free throw shooters just win, at least with just 3 made you gotta earn those free throws

jumpshot 3 freethrows

check

jumpshot 3 freethrows

thats 8 points in like a minute :lol:

The uninterrupted shots are worth 1 and everythinf else is 2 here

But idk how you check and let dude hit a jumpshot that fast, as soon as we check dude has to play d and not allow a easy jumper

We usually got :nerd:r 9 dudes in the paint ready to mug you when you drive

But idk how you check and let dude hit a jumpshot that fast, as soon as we check dude has to play d and not allow a easy jumper

either guard me, or send up a prayer i miss. cuz whenever i dont get guarded, i go straight to the free throw line and bury it. i dont like playing 21  with more than 6 people including myself for this reason. but i have no problem driving the lane. must admit u get blocked a lot more driving with so many people camping in there tho

either guard me, or send up a prayer i miss. cuz whenever i dont get guarded, i go straight to the free throw line and bury it. i dont like playing 21  with more than 6 people including myself for this reason. but i have no problem driving the lane. must admit u get blocked a lot more driving with so many people camping in there tho

Yea there are a couple blocks mostly fouls, to me thats why i love playing 21 cause i feel i can almost always beat my guy its about being crafty enough to get to the paint and finish

It's difficult tho, some games i just settle for jumpers

Presti this decade:

*Drafted Eric Bledsoe, got rid of him for a pick in the Perkins trade, in retrospect should have held on to him. Bad move
*Traded Jeff Green & Bledsoe & first round pick for Kendrick Perkins AWFUL move

*Drafted Reggie Jackson Good move
*Signed Derek Fisher LMFAO stopgap lazy *** because DEREK FISHER move
*Drafted Perry Jones III and was WORSHIPPED for it at the time, despite Jones being a nobody in the NBA 4 years later Nothing to slighly bad move that he was somehow credited for at the time]

*Harden Trade - Historically Awful Move That Has Reshaped Entire NBA Era

*Had to pay to get rid of Kevin Martin Kevin Martin Rip move
*Signed Derek Fisher AGAIN LOL Derek Fisher Move
*Drafted OK role player in Steven Adams with late lottery pick to complete the Harden trade meh-aori move

*Somehow got a 2nd rounder as part of the Philly tank job for Hasheem Thabeet Hinkie Hasheem comedy move
*Acquired fire sale priced Dion Waters desperation move.

*Finally got rid of Kendrick perkins for Enes Kanter Addition by Subtraction move even if Kanter is nothing

How many more years is Presti going to live off the glory of 2009?

@Freeze  IDK what Homecourt is lol.

Backcourt violation gets called in full court games. You're not about to cross half court then have the entire court as your domain if you get trapped.

[quote name="TEKtheMAESTRO"][QUOTE name="hypebeast5"]But idk how you check and let dude hit a jumpshot that fast, as soon as we check dude has to play d and not allow a easy jumper[/QUOTE]either guard me, or send up a prayer i miss. cuz whenever i dont get guarded, i go straight to the free throw line and bury it.[/quote]ALL

OF

THAT

Guard me.

21, everything 2. After a make Free throws are 1, 3s are 2s. First free throw is 2, first 3 is 3. I shoot from 3, that's what I mean by the object is to win in 3-4 possessions. Only time we play no free throws is if everyone can shoot. Also if you get a rebound and don't wait for defense, you weak

Last edited:
yeah Presti's "genius" is really overrated

His "genius" consists of striking gold in three straight lotteries with Durant (lucked into that pick anyway), Westbrook and Harden, and also picking Ibaka (a nice pick, but a player whose effectiveness is almost entirely dependent on Durant and Westbrook being healthy). Nobody has ever pulled off anything similar, and nobody ever will again. It's a one-in-a-million shot to land three players of that caliber in succession.

His "genius" consists of striking gold in three straight lotteries with Durant (lucked into that pick anyway), Westbrook and Harden, and also picking Ibaka (a nice pick, but a player whose effectiveness is almost entirely dependent on Durant and Westbrook being healthy). Nobody has ever pulled off anything similar, and nobody ever will again. It's a one-in-a-million shot to land three players of that caliber in succession.
Harden - Gone

KD, Westbrook - Gone within a few years

"Stop living off 2009'

Spurs or Clips and why?

I just cant see Doc losing a frist round series with home court. And I did not like Spurs losing that must win game in the end. What do you guys think?

Yup. And every shot counts for 1 no matter where you take it from. Those have always been the rules to me.

O_O WHAT?! Every shot counts for 2 points no matter where u shoot from, and all the free throws count as 1. we need to have a talk with your city and its made up rules fam

:rofl:

Shooting is about the only thing I can do. Steve Novak of the game.

real talk, if u play a few... like maybe 3 times a week, and u really try... u can probably develop a good 3pt shot in a week or 2. its not hard at all. people just dont try.

----------------

aint it crazy how the best convo all week was about the rules of 21 and pickup basketball? lmao

You're welcome NT. Its been my pleasure.

Spurs or Clips and why?

I just cant see Doc losing a frist round series with home court. And I did not like Spurs losing that must win game in the end. What do you guys think?
Doc Rivers is an over rated basketball coach. Home court doesnt automatically negate talent, the Spurs are the better team by a sizable margin.

If you play with more than like 5 people in 21 you have to play tips and out. **** gets way too cluttered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom