The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, if you have to shoot 40 times on a team to be competitive, at 36 years old, in your 19th season,

It's time. It's time to hang it up.

There's no point in even playing anymore if your career has come down to this.

IMO

So how is that his fault? if he can do that at his age its nothing but respect but you expect him to stand around and watch his team play like crap? :lol:

I really dont mind what Kobe is doing since the Lakers have 0 shot of making the playoffs regardless of what he does. But as a 37 year old to go out there and feel as if you still have **** to prove is typical corny Kobe.

He's the ultimate anti-vet. It shouldn't be me me me me me anymore for him.

Dude is about to end an amazing career on a bad note. :smh:

Last edited:
I really dont mind what Kobe is doing since the Lakers have 0 shot of making the playoffs regardless of what he does. But as a 37 year old to go out there and feel as if you still have **** to prove is typical corny Kobe.

Dude is about to end an amazing career on a bad note.
mean.gif
So he only signed to prove himself?

Don't be a follower.
Stephen A. knows his Ball. Say he doesn't
dudes just going against what popukar...

If you take SAS and put him on at other show, people would say he knows hoop...

Aside for his blind love for KOBE... Dude is smart.

inb4 that's what competitors do

Imb4 he has no one to pass to.

Its been reduced to people giving credit to Kobe for not making shots...

But taking shots... Smh.

So he only signed to prove himself?

He signed because that was what was offered to him. No one else was offering him that money.

Last edited:
He signed because that was what was offered to him.
And not because he wanted to win another ring right? He just singed two years to prove himself even when he already doesn't have to?

You think if he really wanted that ring he'd sign to a depleted Lakers roster in the last 1-2 years of his career?

Man if he REALLY wanted that ring he coulda signed on a 1 year deal to any contender on a paycut.

Last edited:
Why is making as much money as possible while staying with the team he's played on for over half his life a bad thing these days

Don't be a follower.
Stephen A. knows his Ball. Say he doesn't
dudes just going against what popukar...

If you take SAS and put him on at other show, people would say he knows hoop...

Aside for his blind love for KOBE... Dude is smart.
Too true.

It's like dudes saying "if you have to shoot 40 times for your team to be competitive at 36yrs old in your 19th season then you need to hang it up"....but those same dudes  speaking net-shade, work for the NBA doing PR for $1000 per month wishing, wishing they could be 36 in the middle of a $55million dollar contract and still the best player on the team at 24 years of age much less 36

Last edited:

Other than Jordan it almost always ends badly and even he did the wizards tour.

Bird, magic, Kareem, Isiah, dr j, west, wilt etc etc all went out losing it rarely ends gracefully....not all were on lottery teams but it's chip or bust for the upper echelon greats no in between.

Duncan also appears to be an exception to the rule he's going out classy

:lol: Some of yall are really young or dont know the history of the NBA, if you think this is the worst ending of a career for a superstar

Scoring over 20 ppg while playing for same team for over 19 years while they chant "MVP!...MVP!" is far from one of the worst ends to a superstar career :lol:

Last edited:
You think if he really wanted that ring he'd sign to a depleted Lakers roster in the last 1-2 years of his career?

Man if he REALLY wanted that ring he coulda signed on a 1 year deal to any contender on a paycut.
Getting two first round picks, a FA this offseason, and possibly a FA in 2016  and some of the players we have now puts us right back in the mix. He's a loyal Laker so why would he leave?

Why is making as much money as possible while staying with the team he's played on for over half his life a bad thing these days

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Its when people bring up "oh he wants that 6th ring badly BS" thats what gets me.

Getting two first round picks, a FA this offseason, and possibly a FA in 2016  and some of the players we have now puts us right back in the mix. He's a loyal Laker so why would he leave?

I dont blame him for staying. But Idc who you guys get in the draft or through FA, if you think you're gonna win anything in these next 1-2 years then idk what to say.

I dont blame him for staying. But Idc who you guys get in the draft or through FA, if you think you're gonna win anything in these next 1-2 years then idk what to say.
Don't see why we cant if we get all those assets I just mentioned. Who's gon be dominating the league like that in these upcoming years?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Its when people bring up "oh he wants that 6th ring badly BS" thats what gets me.
Not even Kobe is saying that though, I'm sure he would like another ring I mean who wouldn't but he's said that it's not what he's playing for

If nothing changes, could this be the worst ending to a career for a superstar of his caliber?
How could it be the worst thing if it continues on this path?

Have you seen his numbers? They are bad?

You need to quit man, quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom