The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

All that medical Jargon, wear and tear on the body is such BS.

It may be wear and tear on the body, but that's what they signed up for. The end.

You think offshore drillers care what the Dr thinks about how dangerous of a job they have. Nah, they cash the checks and pay their bills.

It's completely worthless knowledge to know how many miles an NBA player runs in a 6month period. Cost/reward. 
offshore drillers are replaceable

tim duncan is not 

If NBA players were Gladiators or Slaves and made to do this for free for our entertainment purposes, I'd feel sorry for them.

They all have 6-9 figure salaries, go play.

All things considered, it isn't Tim/Parker/Manu etc that are requesting rest. 

That's Pops call

So what, every team has to go through it and the damn season just started. I never heard any of this vast reform needed to the schedule until the last couple of years. It would make sense if they were unbalanced between the teams, but jeez, they're getting paid crazy money to play not sit in a suit when they aren't injured and people are paying crazy money to go see these guys play. It's disrespectful to the game. If you want to limit their minutes because of age fine, but just giving them the day off when their capable of playing is bush league.

"They weren't tired they don't even play again til sunday"

"That was their 5th game in 7 days"

".....so what"

Ok. Season just started has nothing to do with it. The body needs rest to perform at optimal levels. If you want to argue that you can do it with someone else

I'm glad we have a medical expert like a-friend to debunk this stuff.
You think offshore drillers care what the Dr thinks about how dangerous of a job they have. Nah, they cash the checks and pay their bills.
roll.gif

Talk about false equivalence.

It's not debunking. 

It's not giving a ****.

Cash the checks and go play.

Edit: Im tired of them messing up my fantasy numbers

Last edited:
A lot of dudes talking about suck it up probably need water breaks from being on NT all day. C'mon now. This whole thing is really over blown since it's really only 3 guys in the whole league that sit out for rest anyway

You can not be serious, NO WAY
Edit: Im tired of them messing up my fantasy numbers
indifferent.gif
 Oh well that changes everything. Real life basketball should take a backseat to your fantasy numbers.

For what its worth I draft a Spurs player on every one of my fantasy teams, this year it was Tim Duncan and I couldnt care less that he sat out. Miss me with this nonsense
What if Every team took the same approach the Spurs did with respect to resting players?
More teams would be better off.

At the end of the day all that matters is rings. If resting my players during a meaningless regular season game will keep them healthy in the long run I'm doing it.

The fans won't mind when we bring home that championship. If players signed up for wear and tear then why not just play your starting 5 for all 48 mins every night?

Why even have a bench? That's what they signed up for right? Cmon guys. This is just time management but on a larger level.
What if Every team took the same approach the Spurs did with respect to resting players?
Every team doesn't but since we're doing hypotheticals what if Manu and Tim both tore their ACLs tonight?

Don't really watch many Spurs games but does Pop rest his guys when they're only on local tv? I feel like I only hear about Timmy D/Manu resting when it's a nationally televised game.

Don't really watch many Spurs games but does Pop rest his guys when they're only on local tv? I feel like I only hear about Timmy D/Manu resting when it's a nationally televised game.

that's what Reggie Miller was talking about when he said this only happens to our Thursday Night TNT crew.

indifferent.gif
 Oh well that changes everything. Real life basketball should take a backseat to your fantasy numbers.

For what its worth I draft a Spurs player on every one of my fantasy teams, this year it was Tim Duncan and I couldnt care less that he sat out. Miss me with this nonsense
Yea because the entire reasoning behind my posts was to try and change Pops mind on resting his players for the sake of my fantasy team.

What's wrong with you dude

I know that he decides which games are going to be rest games ahead of time (I remember Pop commented that it doesn't matter his opponent,he's gonna rest certain days). Most of them being back-to-backs. There was a big controversy last year with Spurs vs Heat, and Spurs rested, but it ended up going down to the wire against the bench guys

nope. he sat them during a national Heat game last year I think it was. Got fined too lol. stern was a d bag

indifferent.gif

Yea because the entire reasoning behind my posts was to try and change Pops mind on resting his players for the sake of my fantasy team.

What's wrong with you dude
Whats wrong with me? I'm sorry if I came off as being upset but I was not sure if you were being sarcastic or not with that fantasy comment.

Lol that's all I was trying to say earlier

Yall made this into a NBA Fit week article

Who cares if its national TV or not (FYI that isnt the case take it from someone who watches all the Spurs games over idiot hyperbole speaking Reggie Miller), the players need rest, they get rest.

People say its only on nationally televised games, because thats the only time they watch Spurs games. We rest people when its necessary, PERIOD

Last edited:
If Pop thinks it benefits his team to rest Timmy D than let him do it. That's probably one of the main reasons Timmy D is still a legit player in the league at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom