The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we've briefly seen how Love fits in with LeBron.. I can't help but wonder how much better or worse the team would be with Wiggins/Bennett instead

Now that we've briefly seen how Love fits in with LeBron.. I can't help but wonder how much better or worse the team would be with Wiggins/Bennett instead

bruh I was screaming keep Wiggins/Bennett the whole time. the whole time.

tell me they couldnt use Wiggins right now to guard the other teams scorer and just be another long athlete on the court with bron?

i still got hope for Bennett, like i said earlier Love is 5 tmes better then him right now. But they are the same player, crash the boards and faceup and knock it down with range. Bennett is a better athlete. Plus they cost wayyyy less and they couldve had money to go get a shot blocker and somebody else to hunt the boards.

Marion aint cutting it at that other wing.

Last edited:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Giannis Antetokounmpo Has A New Weapon[/h1]

vnewcnlwpqojwwlz3pkm.jpg

Giannis Antetokounmpo has been having a quiet but solid year as the Bucks' 6-foot-11 guard-forward hybrid. He's averaging 12 points and six rebounds in 26 minutes per game—good numbers that any 19-year-old in just his second NBA season would be proud of—but what's more impressive is how quickly Antetokounmpo's game is evolving. Specifically, he's proving himself to be a destructive force in one aspect of the game that he didn't really mess around with much last year: drives to the hoop.

As a rookie, Giannis did a lot of his damage the way most springy and raw youngsters do: by running around like a madman, getting buckets in transition and on cuts. According to Synergy Sports, 21 percent of Antetokounmpo's plays came in transition last season, while nine percent came on cuts and another nine percent came on isolations.

Antetokounmpo is still doing plenty of running this year—24 percent of his plays have been in transition—but he's almost tripled his isolation plays. Synergy has him isolating 25 percent of the time, and he's producing a league-average .81 points per possession on those plays. But when you cut out the jumpers and just look at the isolation plays that result in to drives toward the rim, Antetokounmpo is producing a solid .968 points per possession. That's because he's able to do things like this:

ycyp6lbasuoh7erdahbm.gif

And this:

hmwxleezptc1hhxdbh5l.gif

The Bucks have realized that Giannis's combination of speed and length makes him a tough guy to stop when he gets the chance to jet into the paint, and so they've let him use his ability to drive to the basket as a real weapon this year. According to NBA.com, Antetokounmpo is driving nearly five times per game and scoring 4.4 points per game on those plays. That's a big uptick from last season, when he was only scoring 1.1 points per game on just over two drives per.

(He's especially deadly when he goes to his left from the top of the key, as he does in the second GIF above. He's done that 15 times so far this year and produced an excellent mark of 1.06 points per possession.)

None of this makes Antetokounmpo an elite player—although it's hard not to see shades of Kevin Durant in a bundle of limbs rocketing from three-point line to rim like that—but it's fun to see how quickly he's growing. Antetokounmpo had his best game of the season last night, scoring 18 points and grabbing 12 rebounds in a triple-OT win over the Nets, and he's recently claimed a spot in the Bucks' starting lineup. Here's hoping he sticks there for a while and makes the team a little more fun and watchable than it was before.
Is his ceiling still Nic Batum or ya'll woke up yet?

Noticed this the other night. Alphabet's footwork getting to the hoop and getting a shot off coupled with his size cannot be defensed.

Last edited:
[h1] [/h1]

Is his ceiling still Nic Batum or ya'll woke up yet?
:lol: who said his ceiling was Batum?
Everyone knew he was gonna be pretty good.....just depends on how well the Bucks are (even though they are still somewhat booty now)

Last edited:
You guys werent in last years thread enough, People were on us Greek Freak supporters heavy talking about it was all hype, we were over rating him, is because he plays for the Bucks. Part of it was cause people kept calling him KD lite, but people were really not seeing it. I was wrong about John Wall and Demarcus Cousins though so I'm not one to talk

You guys werent in last years thread enough, People were on us Greek Freak supporters heavy talking about it was all hype, we were over rating him, is because he plays for the Bucks. Part of it was cause people kept calling him KD lite, but people were really not seeing it. I was wrong about John Wall and Demarcus Cousins though so I'm not one to talk
I think I ignored the hate cuz I was on the Greek Freak bandwagon :lol:

I do remember the KD slander for always deferring to Russel doe :smh:

I remember.

^^^ We all make mistakes, man. I was one of the people who doubted whether Anthony Davis could even be as good as he is now, let alone how good he might be at his peak. I thought he'd be a defensive beast, but just an average offensive player. I feel pretty dumb about that right about now.

Don't remember the cap situation at the time but, would it have been possible for CLE to keep Hawes while still acquiring Bron? I can't help but imagine a Hawes-TT13-Bron-Wiggins-Irving Starting 5. At least they would still had a stretch big man on the court with Bron

Giannis still might grow to be 7'1 too.

He's a prototype we've never seen before, he's definitely not KD lite but he's very special.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom