The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
when lebron calls his own team fragile is he including himself in the equation or does he separate himself from this kind of criticism when it's convenient?

frankly his demeanor, excuses and inconsistent play has greatly cotnributed to the (at the very least) confusion that the cavaliers are experiencing

this guy is a ******* clown.

when lebron calls his own team fragile is he including himself in the equation or does he separate himself from this kind of criticism when it's convenient?

frankly his demeanor, excuses and inconsistent play has greatly cotnributed to the (at the very least) confusion that the cavaliers are experiencing
Yup, he's been mediocre defensively thus far, just like he was for most of last year. He's not teaching the younger guys anything if he's giving half effort on defense. Or maybe 4 straight finals trips have taken its toll on him, time will tell. But it starts and ends on that side of the floor for Cleveland. Being porous on that end obviously won't cut it.

I thought they'd at least be average defensively. Bron & Andy led them to a top 5 defense years ago when they had dudes like Mo Williams, Big Z & later Jamison as key rotation players. But Bron has slipped considerably on that end beginning last year and carrying into this year.

Last edited:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 8h8 hours ago
Another one from @ESPNStatsInfo that jumps off the page: Cleveland's Kevin Love, 15th in Usage Rate last season, is down to 126th leaguewide

That's crazy.

Airballed that joint like 6 feet short. I felt bad for the young man, but he shouldn't have been in the game.
Who else could Brooks have put in though? Lamb?

Besides, check out your second pic, look who's wide open with both defenders closing in on Roberson, its Morrow with his hands in the air waiting.

I don't like Brooks either, but he isn't to blame here, at all.

Last edited:
Sixers signed Furkan Aldemir to a 4 year contract and he's immediately set to join the team after terminating his deal with his Turkish squad :pimp:

First win of the season :pimp:

Last edited:

That's kinda what's been bothering me about him this season. When he publicly said he was sitting back and letting the guys "fail" doing it their way as a way to teach them a lesson - I thought it was a HUGE red flag. The game before that came out - he was getting locked up by Batum and playing LAZY defense. He's calling guys out, throwing his coach under the bus for playing him too much but he's been inconsistent at best defensively and looks like he lost a couple of steps offensively. You can't call out the team unless you're giving 100% effort and focus + you're trying to do the right things.

It doesn't seem like he includes himself in that equation when he talks about the team being soft or the guys not playing the right way. It's funny cause even though LBJ's been clutch and been the best player in the L for the last couple years - he's still mentally fragile.

I don't think we are seeing the death of the model team with a superstar playing heavy minutes to win in the NBA. This model of team building is tried and true. Spurs are the spurs...so they are an anomaly.

In the playoffs...a star player is extremely important. Especially a star that can manufacture points from the perimeter. I love the way the Grizzlies play, but they could get bounced easily and early b/c they lack that. Of all the teams that have won...ALL of them have that. '04 Detroit w/ Rip and Chauncey...'14 spurs w Parker and Ginobli.

Look at my nuggets from a few years ago that won close to 60 games and got bounced in the 1st round with their best player being a young TY Lawson.

Airballed that joint like 6 feet short. I felt bad for the young man, but he shouldn't have been in the game.

Besides, check out your second pic, look who's wide open with both defenders closing in on Roberson, its Morrow with his hands in the air waiting.

Dre shouldn't have been on the court for this possession.

[thread="608612"] [/thread]

Even Collison is hitting the 3 at a respectable clip and is a good passer.

His reasoning didn't even make sense. He said he went with Lance because he needed an inbounder (fine, Lance is btw literally the worst +/- player in the NBA and a non shooter, under 40% from the field) and Dre was in because GS went small and was switching screens so he wanted a physical perimeter player.

I would have had Lamb or Collison in the game A fiend instead of Roberson, assuming that I felt like LT had to be the inbounder. Even Telfair, while shooting a horrendous percentage like 25% from there, gets them off and would have been a threat to make another play if he receives the same pass, he either shoots or pump fakes, attacks the closeout, and kicks to someone else. I'm not mad at Dre for catching and shooting in rhythm, passing up open shots is typically toxic to an offense and he's more likely to make it that way than if he hesitates then decides to shoot (btw his previous 3pt attempt missed so bad it went out of bounds on the side).

Ray "Cheeseburgers" Felton back tonight for the Mavs 
pimp.gif

@DatZNastyI could see why he didn't put Lamb in though, i think he was 0-9 lastnight.

Collison has been shooting great from 3. Not a bad choice IMO, Roberson gets open easier maybe?.

I'm still a little salty that Roberson didn't kick it over to Morrow. He was wide open and 9 ft away

I'm not defending Roberson being in, but I am defending Brooks in one sense, Roberson lost that game, I can't put that on Brooks this time, as much as I'd like to

suddenly everyone treats grizzlies as gods

jesus whoever saw the match yesterday vs clips jordans defence was terribly awfull , he didnt even contest one of gasols shots and griffin didnt even bother to help guarding him in the drives

griffin is 140kg full of muscle and crazy vertical.ability and instead of posting and load the enemy bigs with fouls he shoots mid range jumpers like 40 years old garnett

the league isnt changing , the league is just full of overrated,overpaid players with no basketball IQ but only athletic bodies because of their genetics/gym and other crap.

suddenly everyone treats grizzlies as gods

jesus whoever saw the match yesterday vs clips jordans defence was terribly awfull , he didnt even contest one of gasols shots and griffin didnt even bother to help guarding him in the drives

griffin is 140kg full of muscle and crazy vertical.ability and instead of posting and load the enemy bigs with fouls he shoots mid range jumpers like 40 years old garnett

the league isnt changing , the league is just full of overrated,overpaid players with no basketball IQ but only athletic bodies because of their genetics/gym and other crap.
If the league isn't changing, does that mean is league was always filled with overrated,overpaid players with no basketball IQ but only athletic bodies because of their genetics/gym and other crap?

@DatZNastyI could see why he didn't put Lamb in though, i think he was 0-9 lastnight.

Collison has been shooting great from 3. Not a bad choice IMO, Roberson gets open easier maybe?.

I'm still a little salty that Roberson didn't kick it over to Morrow. He was wide open and 9 ft away

I'm not defending Roberson being in, but I am defending Brooks in one sense, Roberson lost that game, I can't put that on Brooks this time, as much as I'd like to
Nah. 

Dre ain't lose this game for 'em.

Serge shows up though, they may just win that game.

I don't think we are seeing the death of the model team with a superstar playing heavy minutes to win in the NBA. This model of team building is tried and true. Spurs are the spurs...so they are an anomaly.

In the playoffs...a star player is extremely important. Especially a star that can manufacture points from the perimeter. I love the way the Grizzlies play, but they could get bounced easily and early b/c they lack that. Of all the teams that have won...ALL of them have that. '04 Detroit w/ Rip and Chauncey...'14 spurs w Parker and Ginobli.

Look at my nuggets from a few years ago that won close to 60 games and got bounced in the 1st round with their best player being a young TY Lawson.

That's the thing...the Grizz do have players that can take over a game. Conley, Zbo and Gasol are all capable of taking games over. Marc rarely did it in the past because he was too busy being unselfish. Hence, the reason why its so important that he remains selfish like he's been doing this season. He's virtually unstoppable when he's attacking. Zbo has the scorer's mentality, but its useless if his shots not falling and he doesn't have an advantage in the matchup. Conley does it when he's needed.

The reason why the Grizz win so many close games is because of Conley and Gasol. Don't forget that Conley statistic...."best iso scorer in the game" :lol:

I'll take a Conley/Gasol 2 man game in the playoffs over a lot of isolation ball that some teams play when looking for points.

Last edited:
That's the thing...the Grizz do have players that can take over a game. Conley, Zbo and Gasol are all capable of taking games over. Marc rarely did it in the past because he was too busy being unselfish. Hence, the reason why its so important that he remains selfish like he's been doing this season. He's virtually unstoppable when he's attacking. Zbo has the scorer's mentality, but its useless if his shots not falling and he doesn't have an advantage in the matchup. Conley does it when he's needed.

The reason why the Grizz win so many close games is because of Conley and Gasol. Don't forget that Conley statististic...."best iso scorer in the game" :lol:

I just can't see this team as a true contender. No offense. They are like Chicago West. Even though Jimmy Butler is slowly becoming a good post up/ ISO scorer.

In my opinion..a good defensive team can bottle up both Conley and gasol. Z bo taking step back 19footers is what they used to go to in crunch time.

A wing scorer is important come playoff time. A lot of times...you need a wing that can get the other team in the bonus..get to the line. Hit tough 20footers, move the ball etc etc. cre

I agree...Marc has to be a lil more selfish..but I don't see him being that effective in that role consistently since that's really not in his nature.

So yes the grizzlies are a team that can get to the WCF...but unfortunately in the west like everybody...they can get bounced in the 1st round as well

Yeah...with all the ridiculous statements you make here, you have absolutely no ground take that stance.

Roberson's defense is a major reason why the Spash didn't rain down golden showers...

Serge has been playin' soft as of late.

He was 5 of 17 in the game vs. the Dubs.

With his usual production, they probably win that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom