The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the fuss is about for the age requirement. I think it's a good thing.

Several layers:
People find it unamaerican because it's perceived as being anti-capitism.

The perception that it is saving owners from their own stupidity by making it much harder to draft a bust.

The racial element since black kids are being kept from a payday. Instead they are free labor for college basketball and risk injury

Tired of this Obama, Socializing and Welfare program thing. There should not be an even level playing field. If a franchise/city grosses enough and flourishes, why can't it just be that way? Why must this Skeletor dude put his hand in and make it even? Makes no sense!! If they suck enough, then keep letting them eat lottery picks. They'll turn it around sooner or later.

The hottest of takes.

Bravelude delivering that take to this thread

View media item 1274754

Several layers:
People find it unamaerican because it's perceived as being anti-capitism.

The perception that it is saving owners from their own stupidity by making it much harder to draft a bust.

The racial element since black kids are being kept from a payday. Instead they are free labor for college basketball and risk injury
Young bucks naïve though.  Don't they forgo NCAA eligibility requirement once they declare for the draft?  Dudes taking PE 101 and Weight Training 101 and easy core classes for a year or 2, then bounce to the pro.  They get the boot, then turn into a hopeful.  I would say, it makes the 'pool' of players more refined, if that makes sense.  Allowing them to learn more 'fundamentals', and perhaps, even increasing their chances of finishing school.

Gasol and Rose in tonight, just announced.

Vegas line indicator that this wasn't just decided.

Last edited:
No that doesn't make sense... I'm sure they can learn the same fundamentals in the NBA if they want to ... They get coached better in the NBA then college. Common sense...
Kobe , lbj , kg...college would've been a waste of time for them.... Shouldn't restrict ppl from a paycheck when they can play.....

If a guy shoots 40 percent FTs for his career, can you really say he's "been struggling" from the line because he continues to shoot that badly? He's not struggling; he just sucks. (Yes, you, DeAndre Jordan)

No that doesn't make sense... I'm sure they can learn the same fundamentals in the NBA if they want to ... They get coached better in the NBA then college. Common sense...
Kobe , lbj , kg...college would've been a waste of time for them.... Shouldn't restrict ppl from a paycheck when they can play.....
Its their fault for hyping these guys. When someone is ready their ready. All they do is spend 8 mths in college anyway, they not really learning that much more. Lebron, Kobe, kg in college would've been a waste of time, some guys are just ready. But then u would have guys that aren't ready come put for that check and not be around in 4 years

Its their fault for hyping these guys. When someone is ready their ready. All they do is spend 8 mths in college anyway, they not really learning that much more. Lebron, Kobe, kg in college would've been a waste of time, some guys are just ready. But then u would have guys that aren't ready come put for that check and not be around in 4 years

This happens anyway :lol:

it would've been a waste..but my god it would've been entertaining. LBJ playing on the court with all of those children. Kobe doing his jordan impression at duke. Kg...well....he only went to the nba because he couldnt pass the SATs...so...that point is invalid, he would'nt have been able to go to a college and hoop anyways. big dummy. lol. Wasn't D.Rose cheating like a mug mug in school?

it would've been a waste..but my god it would've been entertaining. LBJ playing on the court with all of those children. Kobe doing his jordan impression at duke. Kg...well....he only went to the nba because he couldnt pass the SATs...so...that point is invalid, he would'nt have been able to go to a college and hoop anyways. big dummy. lol. Wasn't D.Rose cheating like a mug mug in school?
Hindsight is 20/20.  More so, we're talking just a select few here.  Such prospects or future HOFers are hard to find.

And as said, if they are ready, they are ready.  Promoting education, reading, community service, etc. has always been preached by the NBA.

And yes, D.ROSE was under some 'cloud' for cheating on his SAT.  College scandals are getting worst!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom