The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

You were one of the Thunder fans that wanted that 2 way 2 guard in the offseason, and thought Afflalo was it, right? @itsaboutthattime

Yup.. Luckily we won't have give up a 1st for waiters
Now that we have a real moving Big, We don't need to do anything except dedicate some time to defense.

I remember going on about how (preseason thread) Russ was dedicated to Defense this year and said he'd lock on the 1st team all NBA because of it.

He never got a chance to fulfill that dream.

Long story short, all our pieces are in place, we just have to repeat what GSW did this year, Thunder is straight with Kanter, straight straight.

Westbrook, on if he would be a Spurs fan for a night: ''I ain't got to root for nobody. I ain't no Spurs fan. What type of question is that?''

Waiters, who overheard Westbrook's answer: ''Russ said he's not going to be a fan. I'm going to be a fan of the Spurs on Wednesday. I've never been to the playoffs. I 'm hoping that they go in there and they play and they get a win, and we go and handle our business.''

Now that we have a real moving Big, We don't need to do anything except dedicate some time to defense.
I remember going on about how (preseason thread) Russ was dedicated to Defense this year and said he'd lock on the 1st team all NBA because of it.
He never got a chance to fulfill that dream.
Long story short, all our pieces are in place, we just have to repeat what GSW did this year, Thunder is straight with Kanter, straight straight.

Don't forget dj

Try move waiters, lamb and pj3 for whatever we can get..

Lock Roberson in a gym to work on corner 3s

Last edited:
Russ is going to make a good bad guy, when KD is back to be the good guy.

Russ is going to make a great Robin.

Be with attitude all you want, when Batman is around to make sense of it all.

Right now though, Russ is talking crazy, acting crazy.

Those jean commercials and his own branding, is getting the best of him.

He needs an MJ so he can do his Pippen thing.

Last edited:
Everyone wants to be the man, until they are the man.

Russ is the man in OKC, he has us in 9th.

Just saying.

KD would have us comfortably in there, just saying. Am I right, or am I right. I know, I am right.

Russ is going to make a good bad guy, when KD is back to be the good guy.
Russ is going to make a great Robin.
Be with attitude all you want, when Batman is around to make sense of it all.

Right now though, Russ is talking crazy, acting crazy.
Those jean commercials and his own branding, is getting the best of him.
He needs an MJ so he can do his Pippen thing.

lol russ is leaving first chance he gets. dude personality is too big for the midwest. although i'd love if dude came to the pistons lol. yall want reggie back? even trade?

Everyone wants to be the man, until they are the man.
Russ is the man in OKC, he has us in 9th.
Just saying.

KD would have us comfortably in there, just saying. Am I right, or am I right. I know, I am right.

hard to say honestly. kd wouldnt be getting triple doubles. triple dubs come with effort.

serge would still be hurt. i dont know if things would be that different to tell the truth. marginally. 3-4 extra games perhaps, that russ probably shot the team out of wins. kd wouldnt have them higher than 7th-8th.

lol russ is leaving first chance he gets. dude personality is too big for the midwest. although i'd love if dude came to the pistons lol. yall want reggie back? even trade?
He's here right now though, so until he's gone like Harden, get your head in the Game Russ

Yall can have Singler back if you want, but we don't want Reggie back, for free or anything 

Last edited:
hard to say honestly. kd wouldnt be getting triple doubles. triple dubs come with effort.

serge would still be hurt. i dont know if things would be that different to tell the truth. marginally. 3-4 extra games perhaps, that russ probably shot the team out of wins. kd wouldnt have them higher than 7th-8th.
KD wouldn't need Triple Doubles. He wouldn't need Ibaka either, to get us to the playoffs.

KD could take this same group, and have us comfortably in there with DJ at the PG if Russ was out.

Last edited:
with all this talk about alpha russ vs beta kd...just wondering what yall think if the injuries were switched. if it was KD who was healthy and russ was out, does OKC make the playoffs?

i want to say yes.

that being said, it's very likely that this will be a moot point as OKC is likely going to be without both KD and russ once their contracts are up.

nvm, saw that Feeze posted a similar question. whoops

Last edited:
[thread="608612"] [/thread]

KD wouldn't need Triple Doubles. He wouldn't need Ibaka either, to get us to the playoffs.
KD could take this same group, and have us comfortably in there with DJ at the PG if Russ was out.

ahhh ireally wish we could test that theory. you think kd is that much better than russ? or just a lot better basketball mind? smarter?

such a bummer of a season. i had high hopes for russ and kd this season. such a buzzkill with the injuries.

with all this talk about alpha russ vs beta kd...just wondering what yall think if the injuries were switched. if it was KD who was healthy and russ was out, does OKC make the playoffs?

i want to say yes.

that being said, it's very likely that this will be a moot point as OKC is likely going to be without both KD and russ once their contracts are up.

nvm, saw that Feeze posted a similar question. whoops

ahhh ireally wish we could test that theory. you think kd is that much better than russ? or just a lot better basketball mind? smarter?

such a bummer of a season. i had high hopes for russ and kd this season. such a buzzkill with the injuries.
Better than Russ. Better Ball IQ than Russ. And smarter(basketball wise anyway, I can't speak on street smarts on book smarts)

Better than Russ. Better Ball IQ than Russ. And smarter(basketball wise anyway, I can't speak on street smarts on book smarts)

Durants backup this year is worse than Russ' backup last year was. Something to consider.

Also this team actually had in-season trades. While Kanter was a nice pickup, the effect in chemistry can't be understated.

It's funny though when you flip the script and say what if KD was healthy and Russ wasn't, 10 out of 9 people will say KD could take them there with this bunch

It's funny though when you flip the script and say what if KD was healthy and Russ wasn't, 10 out of 9 people will say KD could take them there with this bunch

idk man i just dont see how kd is that much better. he's not that much better of a scorer at this point. he doesnt get many rebounds, or assists. i change i think that would be the most noticed would be dj controlling the ball more. he runs a team great imo. whereas he doesnt get the chance with russ. i think kd would get the credit, but really the affect would be because of dj. I watched him lead the bulls and was leading the pistons before the trade.

KD is THAT much better than Russ. I think we are forgetting the calibre of player he is.

Switch KD and Russ, and you're looking at a 3-7 seed comfortably in the playoffs.

idk man i just dont see how kd is that much better. he's not that much better of a scorer at this point. he doesnt get many rebounds, or assists. i change i think that would be the most noticed would be dj controlling the ball more. he runs a team great imo. whereas he doesnt get the chance with russ. i think kd would get the credit, but really the affect would be because of dj. I watched him lead the bulls and was leading the pistons before the trade.

KD is a much better scorer than Russ, and player in general. What player can get you 30ppg on 50/40/90? Absolutely no one but KD right now.

He also averaged 8rebounds and 5apg last year. 32ppg 8rpg & 5apg? One of the best perimeter seasons ever.

What is Russ' being in okc preventing him from doing?

Signed to Jordan brand.. Endorsement deals with other brands

Kd just signed a huge deal with Nike.. Both have been on team USA.. multiple all-star games

Winning > everything else for NBA players

with dion being his #2? a 3 seed?

Blame that on Scotty.. Morrow should be playing more mins easily.. Prob double

And mcgary has earned at least 10-15 mins per night.. But of course Scotty is giving him the Funaki treatment

Last edited:
with dion being his #2? a 3 seed?

Blame that on Scotty.. Morrow should be playing more mins easily.. Prob double

And mcgary has earned at least 10-15 mins per night.. But of course Scotty is giving him the Funaki treatment

i loved dj and mcgary playing together a couple months ago. crazy mcgary never gets burn anymore. scotty hasnt tried to get these guys ready and confident for the post season at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom