The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

I'm concerned about Russell's lift on his shot attempts when he's facing NBA defenders and not guards who play for the Northwestern Wildcats or Purdue Boilermakers.

If you have a quick release that doesnt matter. As a shooter it really doesnt matter how high you jump on your jumpshot. Its 50% mechanics, 50% muscle memory/confidence.

I watched a lot of reggie with Detroit and he started off horribly but after that he was impressive at times. I still don't know if it was a fluke because a lot of his good games were against backups and without Greg Monroe so he was able to dominate the ball and they were still losing. Hard for me to believe he can keep up his hot shooting, he was on fire for like 2 weeks after being terrible most of his career. His rebounding is legit and he's capable of making some slick passes, defense sucks and at times he looks like he doesn't know how to run a team. Also makes really dumb decisions at times but mudiay does kinda remind me of him from looking at highlights

Been saying it all along, love this class whether it has transcendent stars or not. So much intrigue throughout the first round

I really do think a number of guys NEED to land in the right fit though

Last edited:
Mudlay is Reggie Jackson 2.0 which isn't bad.

He would be a good energy guy off the bench, not sure about being a starter. With that said, I''m excited to see what dude can do in the league. Can't say he's matured because dude played like 13 games in Asia playing against scrubs. 

Russell skipping his workout with the 76ers? I hope Lakers draft him and have Kobe teach him the ropes. Its hard for me to see the Lakers taking a big after giving trash *** Jordan Hill 10 mill a year :x . Only a dumby would take on that contract but I guess they do have the money.

Okafor seems like a solid prospect. What I love the most about him (no frank ocean) is his footwork. His footwork is really good for a big man his size. Just kind of worried about his defense I don't remember him blocking too many shots and ACC didn't have many premier big men for him to up against although he was solid with Frank.

KAT idk why but he seems like hes going to be a bust to me. Nothing really "awe's" me about about his game. Granted he has the intangibles and that is what coaches are drooling over (again no frank ocean) but I suppose in the right situation he could be great. I don't really see him being an offensive mastermind but a high energy, offensive rebounding machine which every team in the league could use. I just don't see him being GREAT though for some reason.

Still iffy on who my Pacers should draft. Again, I pray to GOD it is not Frank Kaminsky 

FOH Mudiay a starter in this league boy, same dudes wouldnt of drafted John Wall

Just cause he isnt a shooter or bad shooter your gonna say he isnt a good player

playing overseas gives him a maturity edge as well. like everything about this guy.
But didn't he miss a huge chunk of the season with injury?
exactly

Mudlay is Reggie Jackson 2.0 which isn't bad.

He would be a good energy guy off the bench, not sure about being a starter. With that said, I''m excited to see what dude can do in the league. Can't say he's matured because dude played like 13 games in Asia playing against scrubs. 

Russell skipping his workout with the 76ers? I hope Lakers draft him and have Kobe teach him the ropes. Its hard for me to see the Lakers taking a big after giving trash *** Jordan Hill 10 mill a year 
sick.gif
. Only a dumby would take on that contract but I guess they do have the money.

Okafor seems like a solid prospect. What I love the most about him (no frank ocean) is his footwork. His footwork is really good for a big man his size. Just kind of worried about his defense I don't remember him blocking too many shots and ACC didn't have many premier big men for him to up against although he was solid with Frank.

KAT idk why but he seems like hes going to be a bust to me. Nothing really "awe's" me about about his game. Granted he has the intangibles and that is what coaches are drooling over (again no frank ocean) but I suppose in the right situation he could be great. I don't really see him being an offensive mastermind but a high energy, offensive rebounding machine which every team in the league could use. I just don't see him being GREAT though for some reason.

Still iffy on who my Pacers should draft. Again, I pray to GOD it is not Frank Kaminsky 
FOH Mudiay a starter in this league boy, same dudes wouldnt of drafted John Wall

Just cause he isnt a shooter or bad shooter your gonna say he isnt a good player
Really just depends on where he ends up. Can't see him starting on any of the teams outside of the #5 pick honestly and it's only cause the top 4 teams suck ******* balls. 

Whose man is this???

Dude gonna look like BBQ chicken in the post at least he can shoot

Last edited:
I would have loved to have seen SVG get his hands on Porzingis, but I think the Ilyasova trade hinted that he isn't dropping that far down the draft.

Kristaps will always be able to shoot over Stretch 4s and the new world of Small Ball lineups.. But I'm curious how he will fare with their athleticism against him.

To combat the height, a smaller 4 should be able to crowd him and that will prevent him from being able to drive past them and they'll get a good contest on the shot due to just general pressue.

But in the post on offense Kristaps should be able to kill other 4s due to his length and shooting touch like Dirk has throughout his career..

Last edited:
Kristaps is gonna take like 5 years to get right in the League, but he gives off the bust vibe hard tho

Dude Scoring niche is really gonna be limited

Honestly, it's hard to tell if Kris is more level headed, smarter than the European busts. It could just be that he's better at English. On the bright side, he seems to live basketball and comes from a basketball fanily. Not really that common in the dudes who flame out with that type of talent. I like his chances but wouldn't touch him in the top 5. Too many bust attributes. Weak, shies away from contact, poor basketball IQ (had an absurdly low anount of assists + didn't rotate well defensively). Correctable things with the weight room and experience but they're definitely red flags

Put a damn elbow in his chest then let's see what he do...Billups said Darko was one of the best workouts he had ever.

He actually played against top level competition - unlike Darko. He's also not the best test case because whether it was bad work ethic or poor coaching or just bad character - Darko developed AWFULLY. Regressed badly. He was a really good shooter with great elevation out to the 3pt line. Turned into a defense only, bulked up goon basically who had no lift (his shot turned into a set shot) and couldn't buy a jumper. Darko was an all-time bad character bball wise.

Kris will be the goods fellas.... No Darko here.

Although he doesn't need to be in Philly with the pressure with that media and fanbase.

Philly dudes want DOGS!!

Last edited:
I feel you but nobody plays ball like in the U.S. And what I mean by that is on that court here players smell that fear. So he already got the cards stacked against him. No disrespect but slim and white. Players gonna want to see what he's about. So all that over seas and solo workout stuff can kick rocks. Let's see what he about when that first elbow get thrown and slick talk start. Personally I don't see it with him but hey I don't get paid to scout either.

Last edited:
I feel you but nobody plays ball like in the U.S. And what I mean by that is on that court here players smell that fear. So he already got the cards stacked against him. No disrespect but slim and white. Players gonna want to see what he's about. So all that over seas and solo workout stuff can kick rocks. Let's see what he about when that first elbow get thrown and slick talk start. Personally I don't see it with him but hey I don't get paid to scout either.

Real talk bro, he is gonna get abused whenever he plays bro

Back
Top Bottom