The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

Can someone explain to me why Stanley Johnson is ranked lower than Justise Winslow? I don't understand it at all. I feel like Stanley has the higher upside and is a monster physically. 

Can someone explain to me why Stanley Johnson is ranked lower than Justise Winslow? I don't understand it at all. I feel like Stanley has the higher upside and is a monster physically. 
I thought this awhile ago, but didn't want to sound dumb so I didn't ask

Stanley can't shoot.

But I don't see it with Winslow, so I'd rather get value and get Stanley in the teens than Winslow in the top 5-10

Winslow vs. Stanley

One played better toward the end of the season when people are watching than the other. Neither is really better than the other. That's just why they are where they are in the mock.

I like Stanley's game, and he has nice form on his jumper. Elite frame, and decent handle for his size, I think he'll be a top 3 player on a contending team some day

i really want Stan to drop to the Heat

Goran, Wade, Stan, Bosh, Whiteside is a dangerous starting 5 :x

I feel for Philly man. I actually wanted to see the Tankapalooza work just because of how far left it was and everyone thought it was crazy.

Stan can definitely be a Harrison Barnes caliber role player

That quiet winner with shades of elite but will never be a 2nd guy

I'm okay with the Lakers grabbing porzingis , if you're gonna gamble he's got the toolset worth the risk

Problem is you have to trade Randle then.

Would be an irresponsible use of assets.
If they feel he can be better than Randle then you take him ...gotta pick for talent over needs/fit in the top 5-7

You do that if the guy is absolutely better and in no possible way can that guy be a bust. Has to have 0 bust potential, and be far greater than the guy you just drafted.

And nobody can say that's the case. Definitively.

If you had Shaq, or Tim Duncan, or LeBron, or Anthony Davis.

A clear once in a generation player, then you take that guy because talent > needs there.

But when there are guys who on the board who AT THE VERY LEAST, and I'm being generous are as good as Porzingis, then you take need + talent.

It's an irresponsible use of assets to take Porzingis if you are the Lakers. Would have been the same for the Sixers, but if Embiid is pretty much up in the air, and can't trust him to be your guy going forward, then you can go Kristaps.

Last edited:
And I've been seeing that alotta other magic fans want Winslow at #5 :smh: ...Ima need that NOT to happen

Last edited:
You can't ask Zinger to bang down low at 220 though.
apparently low post offense is a thing of the 90s so who needs it right?

i hate that new idea. some of the stupidest stuff i have ever heard. you win by having the best overall team. all of a sudden teams can't win with a guy banging downlow :lol:

I'm okay with the Lakers grabbing porzingis , if you're gonna gamble he's got the toolset worth the risk

Problem is you have to trade Randle then.

Would be an irresponsible use of assets.
If they feel he can be better than Randle then you take him ...gotta pick for talent over needs/fit in the top 5-7

You do that if the guy is absolutely better and in no possible way can that guy be a bust. Has to have 0 bust potential, and be far greater than the guy you just drafted.

And nobody can say that's the case. Definitively.

If you had Shaq, or Tim Duncan, or LeBron, or Anthony Davis.

A clear once in a generation player, then you take that guy because talent > needs there.

But when there are guys who on the board who AT THE VERY LEAST, and I'm being generous are as good as Porzingis, then you take need + talent.

It's an irresponsible use of assets.
Like I was saying if you think he's the best player on the board and better than what you have then you take him...top 5 it's in your best interest to grab the BPA ....Randle hasn't played a whole game yet and is coming off a serious injury, he's not some untouchable player that should have his spot solidified yet

Warriors also had the best defense in the league and the greatest shooter of all time. This style isn't going to work for everyone. You can win with any system when your team is well balanced and plays both ends of the floor well.

And I've been seeing that alotta other magic fans want Winslow at #5 :smh: ...Ima need that NOT to happen

This is where I think Porzingis should end up.

Need shooters, need somebody to spread the floor.

Not sure how much I like the defensive fit, if a team goes big, they will demolish the Magic. But if they play a traditional stretch 4 team where the other guy can shoot, but isn't too athletic, Porzingis should be fine.

Edit: Forgot Mario

Winslow brings so little offensively in the first couple of years that he'd just make the Magic worse, even for what he adds defensively on the perimeter.
WCS is the type of defensive player that the Magic need next to Vuc. But not sure if you can get away with Vuc at the 4, numbers from what I remember are not good when he is.

Last edited:

This is where I think Porzingis should end up.

Need shooters, need somebody to spread the floor.

Not sure how much I like the defensive fit, if a team goes big, they will demolish the Magic. But if they play a traditional stretch 4 team where the other guy can shoot, but isn't too athletic, Porzingis should be fine.

Winslow brings so little offensively in the first couple of years that he'd just make the Magic worse, even for what he adds defensively on the perimeter.
WCS is the type of defensive player that the Magic need next to Vuc. But not sure if you can get away with Vuc at the 4, numbers from what I remember are not good when he is.
Yea kristaps is a cool pick with me or I guess BPA again ( which wouldn't be Winslow) since we have no lottery luck lately :smh: ...WCS would be so good for the squad on defense but then we would be playing 3 or 4 vs 5 on the other end with him and Peyton

And just to be clear the I don't think the Lakers should take Kristaps :lol: ...just saying if he was the best on the board then it makes sense to draft him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom