The 2015 NBA Draft Thread: Draft Day Is Here

you always get hostile around this time. :lol:

I think it's hilarious. The arrogance of the average person.

The Wiggins experience opened by my eyes to this. All the idiots who called him overrated, thought he was Corey Brewer, can all go and hide and pretend like it never happned, but have the nerve to criticize Chad Ford when he gets something wrong. :lol:

I may be a bit inaccurate in using the word "promised",

I recall them being reported to have significant interest in him.

He was showin' up on mocks and such, 

on the Thunder board I frequent, we were discussing him significantly.

"Who the **** is Kristaps Porzingis?"
wouldn't surprise me.. we did have two 1sts that year.. but we would have had to have had that convo with huestis' agent before that whole thing.. even though I think it was huestis' agent that brought it up (spurs were supposedly high on him too)

but don't think mitch would have lasted til our 2nd 1st

I honestly don't even take head to the mock drafts. Only reason I peep the mock drafts is to see who's all available really.

Never knew Chad Ford edited his drafts after the fact but I bet a lot of these mock draft sites do the same. 

it's a resource.. I don't really watch college ball.. hell I hardly watch the tourney anymore..

so I look at the mocks just to get an idea of what range certain players should fall in.. and get descriptions on players and that kind of thing..

then I try to check out scouting reports or write ups on guys.. and pretty much try to see who would fit in with the thunder or other teams we might have to face or that make for  good tv

I'll check out the draft measurements and all that stuff.. and then look at guys metrics and stuff (especially for the 'shooters')

The Wiggins experience opened by my eyes to this. All the idiots who called him overrated, thought he was Corey Brewer, can all go and hide and pretend like it never happned, but have the nerve to criticize Chad Ford when he gets something wrong.
laugh.gif
Definitely haven't forgotten about the Corey Brewer brigade. Dudes criticized the kid for the entire year. 

cant front i did bc i thought he was too chill. i said it didnt have heart.

Noel i still think is a bum...idk if its the haircut or what. but i cant stand his game.

Definitely haven't forgotten about the Corey Brewer brigade. Dudes criticized the kid for the entire year. 

Never understood that. Wiggins has in your face potential. His production x natural gifts indicated that he'll be fine. The same types of people calling Wiggins "Corey Brewer" we're the same types saying Dante Exum is a young Kobe etc etc.

The point of this is, you can't get too caught up in groupthink and narratives leading up to the draft.

I told ya we weren't going to get the real version of Wiggins as soon as he announced he was going to Kansas :smh:

And yes, OKB is on his usual hostile ish this time of the year :rofl:

Also for all you criticizing Dante Exum's rise.

The same process that brought you Dante Exum's rise also brought you Gannis Adetokoumpo's rise, and Gannis looks like a star in the making.

So which is it, process or results? becuase any idiot can criticize results.
You think Birch gettin' "chose" this season, offseason

He's a textbook example of coaches talk, and how if you gain a reputation with one coach you gain a reputation with all of them. The way things ended for him at Pitt with Jamie Dixon I belive has had a huge effect on not getting drafted and not getting looks and from I've heard that he's a mercurial guy personality wise.

I mean you have a young rim protector, a former McDonald all american who was productive in college, productive in the d league. I just don't see how he's not at bare minimum Joel Anthony and maybe more. I look at him and tristan thompson at the same age and I just fail to see why he can't do the same.

in short, I have no idea, I wish my team would pick him up. Could be a replacement for Amir Johnson.

He's a textbook example of coaches talk, and how if you gain a reputation with one coach you gain a reputation with all of them. The way things ended for him at Pitt with Jamie Dixon I belive has had a huge effect on not getting drafted and not getting looks and from I've heard that he's a mercurial guy personality wise.

I mean you have a young rim protector, a former McDonald all american who was productive in college, productive in the d league. I just don't see how he's not at bare minimum Joel Anthony and maybe more. I look at him and tristan thompson at the same age and I just fail to see why he can't do the same.

in short, I have no idea, I wish my team would pick him up. Could be a replacement for Amir Johnson.
Sounds like a guy the Knicks should take a chance on.

Towns :pimp: :lol:

also i know we still have a week until the draft but no spoilers from Woj please

Last edited:

Was surprised nobody gave him a chance last season too, thought Clippers were going to finally do it but didn't for whatever reason. Not glad to hear him in Raptors FA camp but power to him if he can land a job

you always get hostile around this time. :lol:

The Wiggins experience opened by my eyes to this. All the idiots who called him overrated, thought he was Corey Brewer, can all go and hide and pretend like it never happned, but have the nerve to criticize Chad Ford when he gets something wrong. :lol:

I said gerald green, and so far he has lived up to my expectations for him

Gerald green as a number 1 option

Bledsoe and 13th for 4th + cash I'm seeing :nerd:

How would the Knicks fans feel about that.

Loved Birch at UNLV I'm still surprised he hasn't gotten a look based on his defense alone.

I said gerald green, and so far he has lived up to my expectations for him

Gerald green as a number 1 option

You can't be serious.

Gerald Green is a streaky shooter off the bench who is one of the worst defenders in the league.

Wiggins showed more in year one than Green has in 10 years. Stop it.

Well i wasnt accounting for his defense which is way by far better than Green's

But i meant his offense/skill set, tho green is a better shooter

Back
Top Bottom