THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"There’s no question things have changed dramatically since the team announced his diagnosis in August, back when it quoted his doctors saying the cancer was very treatable and curable. Since then there have been changes to the way his body handled the chemotherapy (and maybe how much cancer they’ve found) that have made it life threatening. Everyone involved has gone radio silent because of the family’s request for privacy and federal patient-privacy laws, etc., but between the complete silence, the lack of people visiting as far as I can tell apart from his immediate family and very inner circle while he remains hospitalized here in Minneapolis and the things I’m hearing second-hand, well, none of it is good. I’ll just say this, and this is just my own opinion, if he pulls through this: I doubt very much he’s back this year, it’s probably unlikely he coaches again just because of the stress inherent doing both those jobs and I think there’s a pretty good chance he doesn’t return full time to either job. As far as the franchise goes, that will put them in a holding pattern for some time. I can’t see Glen Taylor allowing Milt Newton and Sam to make a major decision until they know more about Flip’s future and Glen decides who will run his team for the long term. I wouldn’t assume it’ll be Milt and Sam going forward, that’s just for the short term until things become clearer."

http://deadspin.com/it-doesnt-sound-like-flip-saunderss-fight-against-cance-1734159606
frown.gif

Best wishes & get well soon, Flip!

Last edited:
Just wish we can all grow old and die of natural causes. **** the premature **** we have no control over :frown:

For real. A co-worker of mine was on vacation this week and hiking with his wife. She fainted. Turned out to be a major stroke and now she's unconscious and on life support. They have 4 kids. **** is ****** up. Hate that stuff like that has to happen.

Thoughts and prayers to her and Sager.

is Harden getting his own line?

C'mon bruh :lol:. They aint give him all that loot just to rock shell toes

I mean they went like 5 years with that ******** where they had TMAC, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Chauncy Billups, and Gilbert Arenas all sharing the same shoe with that "Team TS" **** before they finally made each of them their own uninspired, poorly promoted offerings (save for them lowtop Gil0's with the front strap).

Stories like this is why I encourage my parents to eat healthier. I want them to live a little longer.

They stay eating the same ole stuff though :smh:

Stories like this is why I encourage my parents to eat healthier. I want them to live a little longer.

They stay eating the same ole stuff though
mean.gif
used to always get on my moms to eat healthier but she aint listen and it put her in the grave.
mean.gif

For real. A co-worker of mine was on vacation this week and hiking with his wife. She fainted. Turned out to be a major stroke and now she's unconscious and on life support. They have 4 kids. **** is ****** up. Hate that stuff like that has to happen.

messed up ish bruh.... 

[h1]Threads Report: Troy Daniels[/h1]

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/tro...rnets-fashion/

"I’m really into designer sneakers, high-end sneakers: Balenciaga, Giuseppe, Christian Louboutin. What I like about high-end sneakers is that they’re so well made. I don’t wear them so people can look at me and go, “Nice shoes.” But at the same time, I like to collect quality things.

I’ll tell you how I got my first pair.

About two years ago, I was in Atlanta with James Harden — back when James and I were teammates on the Rockets. We were at the mall, and I saw this nice pair of shoes. I mean they were real nice. And I turned to James, and I said, “Hey James, you like these shoes?” And he said, “Yeah, those are fly.” I just couldn’t stop admiring them.

They were really expensive, though — and this was when I was brand new to the League, not yet established. So I didn’t have the kind of money where I could afford to buy that type of shoe. But I still kept looking at them, sizing them up, just, you know … taking them in. It was this aspirational thing.

And before I knew it, James looked at me and he went, “Hey man, throw them up there. Throw them up there on the counter.” And I asked him, “What? What do you mean?” And he was like, “Put them up there on the counter. I’ll get’em for you.” You might think that that sort of thing happens in the League all the time, but trust me, it doesn’t. James is one of the real ones. I was so appreciative.

I can afford nice shoes now, and that’s a blessing. But none of them — not even the ones I’ve bought for myself — mean as much to me as that first pair, from James. And the irony is, I don’t even wear those shoes now because the gesture meant more to me than wearing them ever would."

"I think if Love would have been healthy for the Finals, we'd be talking about the Cavs as defending Champions"
-SAS

Nah, he meant Love, and he's right.

They would have won with Kyrie in and Love still out, too.

They would have swept SF if Kyrie/Love were both healthy. I bet my life on that.
Yea, he meant Love, no mistake there.

They stay eating the same ole stuff though :smh:
I feel you on that. My pops probably hasn't had a glass of water in 3-4 years. Drinks nothing but beer. Me seeing him do that is probably the reason I think beer and alcohol is disgusting

They would have swept SF if Kyrie/Love were both healthy. I bet my life on that.

How many times can you mention this stupid hypothetical scenario that can never be verified. I know you stated its your opinion which I dont respect in the least. When will you put this to bed though? When the 2016 season tips off?

More Love = less Thompson which made a signficant impact ... Nevermind, forget it.

Dave McMenamin [emoji]10004[/emoji] @mcten

T.Thompson is seeking a deal worth over $17.5m annually. Currently 17 players make that much. 16 are All-Stars & the other is D.Jordan

10:32 AM - 28 Sep 2015

Dave McMenamin [emoji]10004[/emoji] @mcten

Tristan Thompson failed to pick up the Cavs' $6.8 million qualifying offer by the 11:59 p.m. ET deadline per league source.

11:02 PM - 1 Oct 2015

Jeff Zillgitt [emoji]10004[/emoji] @JeffZillgitt

Wrote about it earlier today. Holdouts in today's NBA are rare but Tristan Thompson is now one: http://usat.ly/1OK65vg 

11:12 PM - 1 Oct 2015

Last edited:

Love was a liability on d and they were weak defensively throughout the year..

. kyrie being healthy wouldve given them the best chance to win. They needed kyrie more then they needed love. it is what it is tho . new season starting soon. nothing like ball 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

Had a relative many years back had the same damn thing basically. Went on a hike, all of a sudden got a headache, when they got back down he went straight to the hospital, they found a brain tumor, he slipped into a coma, and literally had days to live. They pulled the plug three days later so as much family as possible could get there while he was still technically alive.

It really doesn't sound good for Flip. Based on the fact limited family is seeing him and there are no positive reports whatsoever, it's a grave situation. The NBA is going to lose a great man.

That news about Flip.
frown.gif

Wishing the best for him and Sager.

I hate cancer man. 
mean.gif
My mother had breast cancer (she's been cancer free for 6+ years now
pimp.gif
) and my Uncle and grandmother died from it.
tired.gif

**** cancer.

Last edited:
disingenuous stat.

With the cap exploding, 17.5 mil in a couple years willl be a cap-friendly salary & the going rate for a high level role player.

Rich Paul is looking long term

The problem is though, he's still not worth that at all.

He's not even a high level role player if we're being real.

He wasn't a even a net positive for the Cavs when he was on the floor last season, he has no offense, and he can't protect the rim. Don't be fooled by his pretty good defense in the playoffs, he's still not a good player.

Not only that, his game hasn't improved at all after his second year.

No way in hell do you deserve that kinda money for rebounds. I'm letting him walk of I'm in the Cavs FO and letting some stupid team like the Raptors pay him that money for him to mess up spacing and get rebounds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom