THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sources: Milwaukee's John Henson has agreed to a four-year, $44M extension that could be worth $48M with incentives.

Last edited:
disingenuous stat.

With the cap exploding, 17.5 mil in a couple years willl be a cap-friendly salary & the going rate for a high level role player.

Rich Paul is looking long term

The problem is though, he's still not worth that at all.

He's not even a high level role player if we're being real.

He wasn't a even a net positive for the Cavs when he was on the floor last season, he has no offense, and he can't protect the rim. Don't be fooled by his pretty good defense in the playoffs, he's still not a good player.

Not only that, his game hasn't improved at all after his second year.

No way in hell do you deserve that kinda money for rebounds. I'm letting him walk of I'm in the Cavs FO and letting some stupid team like the Raptors pay him that money for him to mess up spacing and get rebounds.

He's a nightly double double threat at 24 years old.

Those guys aren't growing on trees, period.

In year 1 of the deal, it's a drastic overpay. No argument. When the cap is at 108 mil in 2017, then his salary is appropriate.

At his age and production, he'd get about 10 mil a year if the cap stayed at 70. that's about 14%. 14% of 108 about 15.5. So he isn't too far off asking for 17.

Listen, there can be no cap and Tristan still wont be worth close to 17.5 per. I cant believe Lebron cosigns this dude so hard.

dudes cant do it. they locked into that gm and epsn state of mind.
True story. It's a business at the end of the day from both ends of the spectrum Owners wan't profits and players wan't to get paid. Imagine if another league were to spring up with Big investors and players went over to the new league and got paid. You'd see how some of these owners currently trying to be cheap start splashing money to retain players and keep them in the NBA.

Listen, there can be no cap and Tristan still wont be worth close to 17.5 per. I cant believe Lebron cosigns this dude so hard.
Well his mans is representing him. I'd cosign him too if my boy was representing him. Plus I'd do it too to stick to Dan Gilbert for years prior.Not Sure whats so hard to understand

Last edited:

Great deal for the Bucks, Henson is worth more than Thompson and is going to get paid half of what he's getting paid.

Great deal for Henson.

In my own personal opinion, I think both Henson and Ed Davis (3yrs/$20M) are better players than Thompson or at least on par with what Thompson is. But, for some reason, the national perception is different. :lol:

Last edited:
well yeah if there was no cap, role players wouldn't make anything because the big name guys would be getting 40-50 mil/year.

Great deal for Henson.

In my own personal opinion, I think both Henson and Ed Davis (3yrs/$20M) are better players than Thompson or at least on par with what Thompson is. But, for some reason, the national perception is different. :lol:

That's not even an opinion it's a fact, they are both better and by a good margin.

Henson was one of the most elite defensive bigs in the league last year period and Davis had a career year on both ends.

If the Cavs were actually smart they woulda just got Davis for the low and let TT walk.

It's always a good idea to get a better player for 60+ million dollars cheaper.

Just another example of how much narrative plays into an NBA career. There is no way in hell Thompson is even in this position if his agent wasn't Rich Paul and he wasn't buddy buddy with Bron.

Last edited:
Great deal for Henson.

Henson i haven't seen as much of but Ed Davis hell yea.

That's not even an opinion it's a fact, they are both better and by a good margin.

Henson was one of the most elite defensive bigs in the league last year period and Davis had a career year on both ends.

If the Cavs were actually smart they woulda just got Davis for the low and let TT walk.

Just another example of how much narrative plays into an NBA career. There is no way in hell Thompson is even in this position if his agent wasn't Rich Paul and he wasn't buddy buddy with Bron.

Henson :smokin

Deserves every penny, especially with how well he played in that Bulls playoff series on both ends of the floor. Hope he builds off of that.

Not to mention both players are a little more mobile than Thompson. Much quicker on their feet.

Hope the Cavs give him all that money just to add to their cap situation :lol: ....Need the back up pf that's not that good making almost 20 mil :pimp:

In year 1 of the deal, it's a drastic overpay. No argument. When the cap is at 108 mil in 2017, then his salary is appropriate.

At his age and production, he'd get about 10 mil a year if the cap stayed at 70. that's about 14%. 14% of 108 about 15.5. So he isn't too far off asking for 17.

Since when are players with league average PER's who are below average offensively/defensively and above average rebounders not growing on trees?

Faried, Davis, Henson, Plumlee, Len, Dieng, Adams.

All rebound at the same rate as Thompson, all are better either defensively or offensively, all either haven't/will not even get close to that amount of money.

Nightly double double threat?

The guy averages 11 points per 36 minutes and he's not sniffing 36 minutes with Love and Mozerati healthy.

It's not as if a 11/10 double double even matters if he's hurting you at both ends in the long run.

Last edited:
Great deal for Henson.

The national perception is different? I don't think so at all :lol:

Rich Paul is just trying to take advantage of the unique circumstances in CLE. (the guy ahead of TT is injury prone, Team is capped out so they can't afford to replace TT so the only consideration is luxury tax implications, he has a close relationship with the most powerful person in the organization, etc)

Since when are players with league average PER's who are below average offensively/defensively and above average rebounders not growing on trees?

Faried, Davis, Henson, Plumlee, Len, Dieng, Adams.

Can CLE acquire any of these guys if TT leaves? Oh.

Nightly double double threat?

The guy averages 11 points per 36 minutes and he's not sniffing 36 minutes with Love and Mozerati healthy.
Love been in the league for 7 years.

He's missed large chunks of games in 4 of them.

The national perception is different? I don't think so at all :lol:

Rich Paul is just trying to take advantage of the unique circumstances in CLE. (the guy ahead of TT is injury prone, Team is capped out so they can't afford to replace TT so the only consideration is luxury tax implications, he has a close relationship with the most powerful person in the organization, etc)

Thompson is being talked about way too much from a national perspective for a guy that's not even considered a starter on most playoff teams in the West. He's on par as some of the other bigs that were named already, yet he's getting the treatment of an all-star :lol: . I understand the relationship piece to it, but this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom