THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, there can be no cap and Tristan still wont be worth close to 17.5 per. I cant believe Lebron cosigns this dude so hard.

Man all THIS. If I was Dan Gilbert I'd laugh Rich Paul off the phone every time he called me with that foolishness. 17 mil a year for Tristan damn Thompson when I already got Verajao, Love, and Mosgov...FOH.

Lebron cosigns TT because of Rich Paul. If TT wasn't signed with Rich LBJ could give a damn IMO, dude ain't that nice...but if TT eats, Rich eats, if Rich eats LBJ eats.

Cavs have a nice trade exception ya'll keep ignoring they can make use of so even if thompson doesn't play they can work around it.

Since when are players with league average PER's who are below average offensively/defensively and above average rebounders not growing on trees?

Faried, Davis, Henson, Plumlee, Len, Dieng, Adams.

All rebound at the same rate as Thompson, all are better either defensively or offensively, all either haven't/will not even get close to that amount of money.

Nightly double double threat?

The guy averages 11 points per 36 minutes and he's not sniffing 36 minutes with Love and Mozerati healthy.

It's not as if a 11/10 double double even matters if he's hurting you at both ends in the long run.

View media item 581783

I think Cleveland would be just fine with a big rotation of Love / Mozgov / Varejao this season anyways. The main issue is health. I guess that's what TT has going for him :lol:

Can CLE acquire any of these guys if TT leaves? Oh.
Love been in the league for 7 years.

He's missed large chunks of games in 4 of them.

Now you just shifting the argument around. :lol:

First it's "he's a nightly double double threat" which is barely even true but doesn't matter.

"These guys don't grow on trees" when there are a bunch of guys around the league at his age better.

Now it's they couldn't get any of those guys? Yes they could through Sign and Trade or they could've gotten Bismack out right who is also better than TT, they just weren't proactive and now they're here.

It would still be stupid to get into crazy luxury tax range for a league average player, he's not irreplaceable at all.

Last edited:
Rich Paul is being smart as always.

I wouldn't call this smart, just a risk.

Thompson's value will ever be higher than now.

All another year playing on a QO will show is that he's still the same player after being the league for 5 years.

If you think other teams are lining up to give Thompson 90 million. :lol:

:lol: Where did this Henson love come from? The guy couldn't get more than 20 minutes a game in the RS or playoffs. Kidd is very fair with minutes too.

:lol: Where did this Henson love come from? The guy couldn't get more than 20 minutes a game in the RS or playoffs. Kidd is very fair with minutes too.

No Kidd isn't fair with the minutes to Henson even after he played better than Zaza every time he was out there and when he got to start.

I been showing Henson love for a year now, like I said he's one of the best defensive bugs in the league period.

Kidd is on his way to being a great coach but he's stupid with Henson's minutes and if the team wants to reach its ceiling that has to change.

No Kidd isn't fair with the minutes to Henson even after he played better than Zaza every time he was out there and when he got to start.

I been showing Henson love for a year now, like I said he's one of the best defensive bugs in the league period.

Kidd is on his way to being a great coach but he's stupid with Henson's minutes and if the team wants to reach its ceiling that has to change.

I had the same gripes with Kidd at the beginning but it really seemed that he was figuring that kind of stuff out as the season progressed. By the end Henson was getting alot of minutes. Middleton wasn't playing a whole lot at the beginning either. The team was set up weird at the beginning. Sanders was still in the mix, Jabari before the injury, and Ilyasova. Then Zaza and Henson. Knight was there for the first half of the season with Mayo and Middleton.

Team is built much better without as many jams at positions after Kidd's first off-season with the team to really put things together.

Last edited:
Zaza was good too.

He was good but Henson was elite defensively and more effecient on offense.

He's right around Gobert, Draymond and Nerlens in defensive +/-, he's obviously talented and ready to be the anchor of an elite defense.

Last edited:
Can CLE acquire any of these guys if TT leaves? Oh.
Love been in the league for 7 years.

He's missed large chunks of games in 4 of them.

Now you just shifting the argument around. :lol:

"These guys don't grow on trees" when there are a bunch of guys around the league at his age better.

A bunch? You named 7, None of whom Cleveland can acquire because those players are COVETED. Why are they coveted? Because the skill set is rare

So no, they can't just scoop up a replacement for TT, hence the phrase "they don't grow on trees"

Now it's they couldn't get any of those guys? Yes they could through Sign and Trade

:rofl:

Sign & Trade for any of those 7 dudes with what?

TT plus who? Delly? JR? Varejao? :lol:

A bunch? You named 7, None of whom Cleveland can acquire because those players are COVETED. Why are they coveted? Because the skill set is rare

So no, they can't just scoop up a replacement for TT, hence the phrase "they don't grow on trees"
:rofl:

Sign & Trade for any of those 7 dudes with what?

TT plus who? Delly? JR? Varejao? :lol:

Bismack, Jonas, Amir, Wright etc, there's way more than 7 but 7 was enough to prove my point but there's more if that's what you want.

Man none of them dudes was coveted Davis just signed under his value, so did Faried, so did Henson, Plumlee was traded for picks, so did Amir, Wright and Bismack signed for minor league baseball money that the Cavs could've gave them with easy moves.

All weren't even in discussion for 80 million let alone 90 but you originally saying that's justified for a guy in that same tier around the same age. :lol:

If that skillset is so coveted why weren't they getting that? If it's so rare where is their 80-90 million dollar offers?

Like I said you keep tryna change the argument.

First it was there aren't guys out there like him (not true).

"Nightly double double threat". :lol:

And yes they could sign and trade him while pairing him with any expiring, if he "doesn't grow on trees" how is that not possible? Which one is it?

Once again an above average rebounder while not being good at anything else is not rare, it's Reggie Evans.

They can scoop up a replacement they just aren't smart enough to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom