THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith "can be" as I said unselfish. For most of his career he was a cancer and empty stats guy. Last year's playoffs he proved that he could play differently. As I said

As for Lance, at Indy he had a number of triple doubles that one season so that ability was there at some point. Hopefully it hasn't left but in no way is a sure fire "smart" player

I never said they "aren't playmakers". I also never said they are "smart playmakers"

Think outside of black and white

How was Josh Smith an empty stats guy in ATL?

Josh Smith was putting up prime AK-47 numbers on playof teams in ATL. He definitely is a playmaking 4.

Josh Smith was putting up prime AK-47 numbers on playof teams in ATL. He definitely is a playmaking 4.
IDK they never got out of the second round I just felt like after a while their guys put up stats but weren't a threat as a whole

IDK they never got out of the second round I just felt like after a while their guys put up stats but weren't a threat as a whole
That may be the fault of their competition (08 Celtics, prime Dwight, Rose and LeBron)

That may be the fault of their competition (08 Celtics, prime Dwight, Rose and LeBron)

Exactly.

They lost to either the prime Celtics or prime Magic. Those were teams that won 55-60 + games.

Losing in the 2nd round when Joe Johnson and Josh Smith are your best players isn't some sort of underachievement.

If Dominique Wilkins played now, he'd get KILLED :lol:

Yeah we gotta set some parameters on "empty stats."

All star numbers on a playoff team aren't empty at all

Pretty much. When I think of empty stats guys, 06 Mike James comes to mind. Andray Blatche, Jordan Crawford, and especially Kevin Martin.

I have a theory that Kevin Martin actually likes playing on bad teams, so he can average 23ppg :lol:

If your team is winning games, hard to put up empty stats

Teams like The sixers, blazers n nets should have prime empty stat candidates this season :lol:

Last edited:
I think Steph still has a chip on his shoulder. All the talk about having it "easy" in the playoffs. I think he might have an even better year. I'm calling another mvp season.

Literally everything broke right for GSW last year. Even the David Lee injury turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Everyone was healthy and clicking.

If your team is winning games, hard to put up empty stats

Teams like The sixers, blazers n nets should have prime empty stat candidates this season
laugh.gif
In the east, some of the bottom feeders in the west would have won games too and put up stats

But yeah, if you guys think Josh Smith was legit that's fine by me I'm not arguing. It is weird how he never made an All-Star team though, srs

I'd find it interesting to see who agrees with this when you use the same logic on LeBron's "poor" finals record or the fact that CP3 hasn't gotten out of the second round

I don't want to say Josh Smith was "robbed", but there were a couple of years he was in the running, but got snubbed. Ironically, he was probably more deserving than Joe Johnson, but Joe got in because he was a guard.

I don't want to say Josh Smith was "robbed", but there were a couple of years he was in the running, but got snubbed. Ironically, he was probably more deserving than Joe Johnson, but Joe got in because he was a guard.

He was completely robbed 2X.

There was a year when Paul Pierce got voted in by the coaches after missing a majority of the seaso up to all star break, and the Celtics were under .500 at the time.

J smoove was averaging like 18ppg 10rpg 4apg 2bpg 2spg on a top 3 team in the west. Horford got in cuz he was a C, and Joe Johnson cuz he was a guard. But Josh was clearly
The best player on that team.

There was a year when Paul Pierce got voted in by the coaches after missing a majority of the seaso up to all star break, and the Celtics were under .500 at the time.
'06-'07 is the only season that fits that description and he wasn't an All-Star that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom