THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's the problem. Josh is what I call a zero net value player...his bonehead plays negate his good plays. All the good he does (rebound, play D) gets negated by the dumb things he does (early shot clock 3's, errant passes...).

Woodson was the only coach to ever make Josh do what he was good at most of the time...rebound, block shots, play defense, and get his offense from inside the arc. He'd be a frequent all-star if he stuck to that. But Josh thinks he has more talent than he actually has, he continues to think he has 3 point range and tries to create offense like a point forward. He just doesn't have the ability to do that consistently.

Yeah, I'm hoping the fact that he agreed to come here on a minimum deal to be the back-up PF/C, is a sign he's recognized he needs to start going back to focusing on what he's best at. We'll see though.

Smith played exceptional in the first round and also in the 3 games where he started against the Clippers. Taking the minimum at the very least indicates that he is focused on trying to win. If it doesn't turn out hopefully it isn't because he reverts to being selfish

Smith played exceptional in the first round and also in the 3 games where he started against the Clippers. Taking the minimum at the very least indicates that he is focused on trying to win. If it doesn't turn out hopefully it isn't because he reverts to being selfish

Honestly, I don't believe Josh is a selfish player. I think he wanted to win here in Houston and was willing to sacrifice to do it. I think in his mind he really thinks he is good enough to help the team by shooting 3's and trying to create offense.

I'd love to see Doc get Josh to play the right way. If he does the Clips could go toe to toe with the Warriors again IMO. Get Josh playing the right way and Lance back to his Indiana days...that Clips team would give GSW all they could handle.

Honestly, I don't believe Josh is a selfish player. I think he wanted to win here in Houston and was willing to sacrifice to do it. I think in his mind he really thinks he is good enough to help the team by shooting 3's and trying to create offense.

He was good enough doing that stuff in game 6 against the Clippers last season. Ugh. :frown:

Josh Smith's performance in G6 was a big part on why we still have a lot of CP3 jokes on here :smokin :rofl:

Last edited:
He can do it in spurts just not consistently. Like I said, It's feast or famine with Josh. He was feastin' on the clips last year.
laugh.gif
I mean he was...But not really. He was like 17% from deep or something in games 1-4 and in games 5-7 he shot like 56% from 3 or something crazy. Incredible. 

"You don't think I can do more?" Harden asks. "Just wait. I'll show you."

The beard mostly covers up the defiant grin that practically dares you to tell him he's already scraping at the ceiling.

"I am the best player in the league. I believe that," he said. "I thought I was last year, too."

I was about to laugh at the Evan Turner post but I think there's been some ppl who've made the all star team late in their career before.

Just because you make the all star team or are considered for it doesn't make you a star. Maybe you contributed well on a winning team and the coaches vote you on the bench.

*edit

Nvm, I forgot what team Turner plays for

Last edited:
I was about to laugh at the Evan Turner post but I think there's been some ppl who've made the all star team late in their career before.

Just because you make the all star team or are considered for it doesn't make you a star. Maybe you contributed well on a winning team and the coaches vote you on the bench.

*edit

Nvm, I forgot what team Turner plays for

you also forgot you were talking about evan ******* turner.... boi is the definition of *** cheeks

couldn't find a proper thread for 2015-16 fantasy. i just wanted to hear opinions.

im in a keeper league and can choose between AD and Westbrook. which would you guys go with?

Washington WizardsVerified account‏@WashWizards

Beal on Oubre Jr.: "I've never seen a guy so athletic who can defend like that, between him and Otto, it's just pick your poison." #WizCamp

"I have a chip on my shoulder even more now because throughout the whole process people were saying they questioned my work ethic so that's why they passed on me in the draft. The Washington Wizards got me and I'm going to make sure they got something that's going to be something serious," Oubre said in a 1-on-1 with CSN's Chris Miller during training camp this week.

"I don't want anybody to question the things that I do or anything. Because I'm going to work, first and foremost. And I'm going to give it my all.

"I fell to 15 in the draft and I really took that hard. After the draft I came straight to D.C. and I was in the gym. That was just pure fire in my heart because I know there's not (14) guys better than me in my class at least. ... The cream rises to the top, and I'm the cream."

Link
Steve Buckhantz @SteveBuckhantz

The rookie, @KELLYOUBREJR very last one in the gym today, working, absorbing, learning. Love it @CSNMA #wizardstalk

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo

For those into the Otto Porter Weight Watch, he said he's at about 208 pounds. Gortat noticed he's stronger and probably gained "3 or 4" lbs

Jorge Castillo

[emoji]10004[/emoji]@jorgeccastillo

Reading predictions, etc., don't think Wizards are getting enough credit for offensive overhaul. If legit it's going to be like a new team.

Jorge CastilloVerified account‏@jorgeccastillo

Wizards won 46 games while shooting as many long 2s as the Timberwolves, Knicks, Lakers. If that changes, the offense is going to be better.

YAAAAAS :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom