THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nah the kings will COOK this yr... .port def out
Im not sold on the Kings, their two best players are knuckleheads and they havent even sniffed .500 much less the playoffs ever since Chris Webber was in his prime. 

George Karl has underachieved everywhere he's coached, and that includes when he coached the national teams.

They switch point guards every year in a conference where that's the most important position. 

Not enough for him to be acquitted. They need to get those cops fired.
This.

they said he's still having leg pain and might not make the season opener.

This injury has affected his livelihood, of team with championship aspirations in a billion dollar business.

This is not one of those things where you "let it slide" esp with all the police brutality nowadays

Even though I didn't agree with some of their moves, I kind of like the Kings. At least more so than the Mavs or Suns. Will be competing with the Jazz for #8 in the West.

The logical question for the Wizards is if this smaller, fast-paced style is so much better, why didn't coach Randy Wittman start using it sooner? The answer is pretty simple, and he said it many times without actually saying it in previous seasons: They've lacked the personnel -- until now.

Now with rookie Kelly Oubre, Jared Dudley, Alan Anderson and Gary Neal, they're better-suited to quicken the pace. And if Otto Porter is ready to be the starter at small forward and Kris Humphries, who made 2 of 4 three-pointers in Tuesday's preseason opener, can make the long ball pushes them to yet another level.

The truth is, no pun intended, with Paul Pierce (and Porter still raw) this style wasn't doable even last season. John Wall, prompted by this exact question about Pierce, weighed in after practice this week (Note: Wall was asked specifically about Pierce. He did not voluntarily bring up his name but as usual answered honestly).

"No disrespect to Paul but we wanted to kind of be a half-court team. He couldn't get up and down the floor,"
Wall said of the the 37-year-old who left in free agency for the L.A. Clippers after one season. "He's not the young Paul anymore. He helped us out a lot in so many other ways in making big shots and being a leader. Now this is an opportunity to let Otto exhale, running the floor, being able to create off the dribble, slashing to the basket.

Morning tip: Why now? Wizards slowed down for Pierce

This.

they said he's still having leg pain and might not make the season opener.

This injury has affected his livelihood, of team with championship aspirations in a billion dollar business.

This is not one of those things where you "let it slide" esp with all the police brutality nowadays

I agree with both of you. I hope he sues the city.

This fool D12 says he was hurt last year and that's the reason he averaged 14 and 14 vs GS. Ha ha ha

Yeah ok. Healthy D12 BETTER average 20 and 15 for the year. 25 and 15 in the offs. I keep telling you Houston fans about this dude. Y'all don't wanna heard me though. Smh

I wish the best for Bennett. I hope he develops into a solid contributor. Canadian basketball is getting a bad rep with Bennett and Thompson often being in the media for the wrong reasons.

Dwight has the fizeek to be dominant especially in this pillow soft era. But he doesn't have the seriousness nor the skill set about him to do that.

Last edited:
Okay, Sir Charles.
laugh.gif

So basically Dwight just needs to be prime Shaq or Kareem or Wilt, sounds reasonable.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...lt=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=season&order_by_asc=Y

Every year you guys set unrealistic expectations and then rip him when he doesn't meet them.
Brah as a Laker fan I can attest to this, he's mentally soft.  Dude had one year in Orlando when they went to the finals, but other than that he always shrinks in the playoffs. 

A guy like D Howard is supposed to dog the Warriors front court, esp if it means going to the finals.  Harden carried that team for half a season, and they weren't noticablly different when he was in there.  He's been an underacheiver the past five years and he's only getting older.  And that "oh I was injured last year" sob story is getting REALLY old...

Houston and yall injured players I tell ya...ballers need to get off the bbq ribs

it is unfair that dwight gets the blame these past two years when he's been solid in the playoffs and his sorry excuse for an all star teammate has been a liability 

thats the thing thought. He's status quo when ut matters and deflects to the short comings of his teammates instead of stepping up more

Y'all talking like the Rockets didn't just make the conference finals :lol:

The year prior Dwight put up 26 and 14 with 2 blocks and Houston took a first round loss. Seems like having Harden take the wheel and having good role players is more than enough. Dwight was fine during the post-season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom